Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

grabbing items in 3rd person view

Go down 
4 posters

physics hand in 1st or 3rd person view?
leave it as it is (1st person only)
grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap0%grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap
 0% [ 0 ]
optional, 1st person as default
grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap33%grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap
 33% [ 3 ]
optional, 3rd person as default
grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap56%grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap
 56% [ 5 ]
3rd person only
grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap11%grabbing items in 3rd person view I_vote_lcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

grabbing items in 3rd person view Empty
PostSubject: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Hi,
since I don't like playing in 1st person view, I have tried to get the physics hand (the hand icon used for grabbing and throwing junk) in 3rd person view. It is possible to do it, and my first tests show it's working.
If further tests don't show any trouble, I think I can make it optional, but I have to know which version you prefer as the usual one.
Obviouly, at least if no trouble shows up in the tests, my choice will be "optional, 3rd person default"

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:46 pm

3rd default, 1st optional. Exactly as you say.

Last edited by Feral on Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typoo)
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:13 pm

Like with all melee weapons I use only 3rd person to be able to evaluate distances better. And to see behind me. I only use the change of view to hide the weapon while walking and running around (since I consider walking around bearing my hook is kind of a don't !), or to use certain firearms.
I votes 3rd only because that's how I use it but I don't mind it to become an option to those who use their fists in first person.. I just don't understand it ;-)
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:26 am

I have made some more tests. It seems, if I introduce this change, the view doesn't automatically switch to 1st person when you use ranged weapons.
So it's probably better to make it optional, with the original version as default.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:33 am

Hmm this is an interesting idea. I guess for me personally, I rarely pick up items with the grabber so for me it doesn't matter. I'm interested to see how this works out.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:15 pm

I've made some more tests. The way I have set it up now, doesn't interfere with the proper 1st/3rd person view switches. You still go to first with ranged weapons, and to 3rd with melee. And I think, if you can see your character while holding and throwing items makes it easier, because juging distances in first person view is quite hard.

As for making this optional, the only idea I have right now is to to ask about it (and possilbly some other things) in Jack's tutorial dialog, before things really get started.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 5:55 am

In the mean time I have found, that you can simply use the same camera commands as for the "free view weapons" from the extras folder in Wesps patch. So it's not necessary to make any default choices. You can even switch camera views while carrying items to throw.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grabbing items in 3rd person view   grabbing items in 3rd person view Empty

Back to top Go down

grabbing items in 3rd person view
Page 1 of 1