Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pietroschek
Fledgling
Fledgling
Pietroschek

Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings   Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 pm

My question is based on both, the Tremere Clanbook and the mortal remains in WoD Sorcerer Revised. study These are books, "not heavy-weapons without thinking PC Games" by the way.

Most pen&papers know the history of the Clan. But the alternative is overlooked frequently.

Instead of self-made vampires... how would they have developed, IF it would have been possible, to ghoul-themselves before actually becoming vampires. Longevity without fearing the Sun for research. The vitae of ancient vampires makes ghouls which are stronger than neonates.

The Embrace kills-off the mortal sorcery and Tremere was a Sorcerer before he became the Bloodline-Founder and Diablerist of Saulot... jocolor

Do all think, that it was the "dark ages pressure of times" or may it be, that a certain lack of patience influenced the birth of the Clan?
Back to top Go down
http://scribd.com/pauper/documents
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings   Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:13 am

The problem is that Goratrix (the ritual-guy) did not know (or he did but he did not tell !) the turning into vampires would kill the Mage's avatar.
The Tremere House is not a great house of mages anyway, which is why he could have not cared.

They forced a Methuselah Tzimisce into telling them how does that all work, and two apprentices of the House weren't patient enough, so Goratrix said "okay, fine, Embrace these two and I'll let you go away". The apprentices got embraced, they killed the Tzimisce, and then they killed the apprentices and used their blood to create the potion to become vampires.

Why did they do all this to begin with ? Because their immortality potions was going down hell and the magic (the true one) got all fucked up, weakened by some events (cf. Ars Magica -> where the Tremere come from to begin with).
They did not want to become ghouls because they would stay mortals. Mortal mages, even if they can/could live very, very very long, are still mortals. Most Tremere do not fear the sun at all (there is a ritual for that babe), and can make their research in their labs during day time (of course they only roll as much dice as their humanity, but anyway, they have still mortal servants and ghouls, and thaumaturgical creatures to go on with it).

Then, Tremere in particular, and Goratrix too, are backstabbing, impatient, passionate, political sons of bitches. They never were the true magicians they claim to be Very Happy of course, among the Kindred, they are the authority on magic, but in the land of...

See, I like the Tremere as a clan, but I think they adapted the concept a bit too oddly to the World Of Darkness. I like the House of Tremere from Ars Magica, but I do not like the House as a Mage House in Mage games. They have then taken a whole different course since first edition, up to revised, and I think they did good in not taking the concept to Vampire the Requiem, but that's another story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings   Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:06 pm

This story is more twisted than a nosferatu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings   Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings Empty

Back to top Go down

Tremere-Issue - The Beginnings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: Bloodlines and the p&p Game-
Jump to: