Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

more authentic nossie run

Go down 
+7
Childe of Malkav
PGM1961
Nachtrae
ThePhilosopher
Feral
Dragatus
dkmode
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

more authentic nossie run - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

PGM1961 wrote:
dkmode wrote:
Im glad to see most of the people in the thread seemed to agree it would be an improvement though. Whether its worth the time is up to you obviously

*slips malkav a hundred dollar bill* Twisted Evil

I don't think dkmode's idea would improve gameplay; at least, not for most people. I don't remember seeing anyone else, either on this site or Planet-Vampire.org, who thought that Nosferatu need more penalties to their gaming expeience.

That's funny, because it seems to be the number one complaint I've seen issued against nosferatu gameplay. It SHOULD be harder to blend in as a nosferatu. People always say it's simply ridiculous that a nosferatu can prance around in public right in front of people and nothing bad happens. They say it's too much like all the other clans and that they wish it were more unique and different. I've read on almost every bloodlines related forum that I've come across at one point or another. It's unbelievable that you haven't heard such comments before.

It's not a small segment of the population, as you have put it. Lots of people have talked about this. It's not making it harder for the sake of making it harder, it's making it more true to the lore.

Your request of making a "more challenging mode" for all clans doesn't seem very thought out to me, unless you actually propose said changes and explain how each change would be true to the lore or beneficial other than "just making it harder". Seems to me a bit like filibustering or complicating the issue purposefully... you're just saying "Ok then lets make it ALL harder".... Why? no one here is proposing that. Are you even really in favor of that? This thread was started to discuss the idea of making the nosferatu run more true to the lore...Not illogically increasing the difficulty across the board. Difficulty for the sake of difficulty mods have already been done before anyway.
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:32 pm

"Filibustering" -- That's a nice big word. Not really applicable to this situation, but impressive nonetheless.

I have not seen this huge support you've mentioned for making Nosferatu more challenging; but whatever. My point was that any effort to make a certain clan more difficult to play should be up to the player, like choosing a more challenging mode when starting a game. And doing that for just one clan doesn't make sense. This is the 'Camarilla Edition' Mod, not the "Nossie Challenge' mod.

I'm not going to make up suggestions on how to make things more challenging for ALL clans, because that's not what I'm trying to do. I also refuse to be drawn into a long debate on this topic. This is merely a "No" vote concerning your idea, mainly addressed to Childe of Malkav, so that he knew not everybody agreed with your idea. And that's pretty much all I have to say on the topic.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:30 am

After consideration, easier MVs for Nossies would be really in keeping with the lore... I like the idea.
One of the reasons I play Nossie so rarely is becouse standing in front of people with no reaction from them whatsoever (with Doris' memorable exception Laughing ) kills it for me.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm

I've never even considered playing a Nossie. So I'm completely the wrong guy to be asked about rules changes or whatever for them.

- geek
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 11:01 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
I've never even considered playing a Nossie. So I'm completely the wrong guy to be asked about rules changes or whatever for them.

- geek

haha ok well that settles that lol!
Back to top Go down
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae
dkmode

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:40 pm

wesp just made this idea a reality in the latest UP (8.2)

patch notes say that the NPCs now react to nosferatu from farther away

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Something made this Animal happy... Laughing
I like to play Rat from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Yep, Entenschreck, the guy who also found the new idle animations digged it up. Seems to be quite easy to do.

- geek
Back to top Go down
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 pm

That's a good news, can anyone confirm the new nossie play? bounce
Also, does anyone know what exactly has been changed?
-X-
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 am

As i am still on my Toreador playthrough on CQM 3.0 i haven't played CE 1.6 as a Nos yet. I dislike playing 2 VtmB Versions at the same time.. I really forgot how easy the unofficial plus patch is as i play CQM without CE because since 2-3 years i haven't played vtmb without any kind of CE or TFN things included.. Feeding is sooo powerful Oo

Well back to topic. After i finished the Toreador run i will play Nos on CE 1.6. 1 more reason for that is i haven't played Nos for 2 years Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:03 am

XehutL wrote:
That's a good news, can anyone confirm the new nossie play? bounce
Also, does anyone know what exactly has been changed?
-X-
Only thing I have seen yet is something about Nos_Radar in autoexec.cfg. Dunno if there is more...
I haven't tested it myself, because I'm absolutely not a Nossie player.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 am

Since I suppose I'm allowed an opinion I'm going to state mine here. After reading this entire thread (which was very entertaining I might add) I decided that I really like the idea of expanding the Nos radar. I too was very disappointed when I could do cartwheels down Santa Monica without as much as a screech from anyone.

With that said, I'm sure by now you know that I have nothing to do with CE anymore but TFN uses the same system for the Samedi clan so I'm still interested in making this a reality. I've been out of the VTMB modding game for quite some time but if I remember, each NPC has their own detection stats. I had to mess with the Sabbat in the tutorial to make sneaking past him easier so I wonder if the same concept could be used for the Nos radar.

I would be interested to find out how Wesp expanded the radar and how it works exactly, b/c if I have to manually change every NPC in every map in the game.... well that's just gonna suck (but I'd do it anyways b/c it's worth it).

So people, post your findings in this thread b/c I'll do anything to make TFN more realistic and lore-friendly... and if you know me, I'm ALL about making Bloodlines harder too, woohee!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:50 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Since I suppose I'm allowed an opinion I'm going to state mine here. After reading this entire thread (which was very entertaining I might add) I decided that I really like the idea of expanding the Nos radar. I too was very disappointed when I could do cartwheels down Santa Monica without as much as a screech from anyone.

With that said, I'm sure by now you know that I have nothing to do with CE anymore but TFN uses the same system for the Samedi clan so I'm still interested in making this a reality. I've been out of the VTMB modding game for quite some time but if I remember, each NPC has their own detection stats. I had to mess with the Sabbat in the tutorial to make sneaking past him easier so I wonder if the same concept could be used for the Nos radar.

I would be interested to find out how Wesp expanded the radar and how it works exactly, b/c if I have to manually change every NPC in every map in the game.... well that's just gonna suck (but I'd do it anyways b/c it's worth it).

So people, post your findings in this thread b/c I'll do anything to make TFN more realistic and lore-friendly... and if you know me, I'm ALL about making Bloodlines harder too, woohee!!! cheers

That would be a hard environment to work through considering the streets are so populated. OOOO A CHALLENGE!!!! I'm getting nervous just thinking about it Zer0. Hee Hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: more authentic nossie run   more authentic nossie run - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

more authentic nossie run
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2