Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disciplines and histories

Go down 
+5
SaulottheGentle
Claudia
Karavolos
Feral
Childe of Malkav
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Disciplines and histories Empty
PostSubject: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I've made some tests today. It seems you can add different bloodlines with changed disciplines as a history. So it is possible to create for example a City Gangrel history.
But the bug that allows you to cheat up your stats seems to affect this too. So you have to select the history before you open the "real" character sheet. And to deselect it you have to switch to another clan first.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Brilliant!
You are a genius Childe!
City Gangrel FTW!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 am

I concur, your time in the lab is finally paying off What a Face
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Genius. Malk Genius.

\o/
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Interesting. I was able to create histories that disabled a given discipline or gave you the first point in a discipline, but not switch disciplines entirely.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 6:28 pm

As I said in my first post, it's not perfect in the character creation process. But then, the histories part always was a bit buggy.
Haven't made many tests yet, but my test city gangrel was able to obfuscate around the tire iron guy in the tutorial and stealth kill him.

Doing this involves 3 files: clandoc000.txt, histories000.txt, and traiteffects000.txt.
In clandoc, you must add Celerity 1 and Obfuscate 1 to the disciplines for Player_Gangrel.
In histories, you have to add the new history with name, description,and whatever else there is needed.
And in traitseffects you have to do two things: First in the clan part shut Celerity and Obfuscate off again by setting a "-2" modifier. Then in the histories part you have to set a "-1" and a "Max 0" modifier for Animalism and Fortitude. And a "+2" modifier to reactivate Celerity and Obfuscate.

This will give you a City Gangrel with one red dot in Bloodheal, Celerity, Corpus Vampirus (Bloodbuff), Obfuscate. and Protean.

- geek
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Hmm, telling by what you're saying, we can play as (in accordance of histories).

Osebo history for Brujah (Trade out Prescence for Auspex and less resistance to Frenzies)

Ishtarri history for Toreador (Trade out Auspex for Fortitude)

Dominate Malkavian for Malkavians (Trade out Dementation for Dominate, maybe adding in full Dominate and possible "Subtle Insanity"?)

City Gangrel (As you already noted)

Ventrue Antitribu (Possibility none the less. Maybe trading out Prescence for Potence?)

...I cant imagine any for the Tremere, due to them lacking a bloodline. The same goes for Nossies.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I would have hidden a Lasombra under the Ventrue, but antitribu Ventrue have different disciplines than the regular Ventrue. Tremere "bloodlines" could be the different paths of thaumaturgy, but then we end up with another engine limitation : the number of disciplines. Nossies could be Niktuku. Meh the Nossies don't inspire me much...

City Gangrel and Dominate Malks, as well as the !Ventrue (who have Auspex, Fortitude and Dominate) are doable since their discipline changes are from disciplines that are already in the game and one doesn't need to edit anything but the actual discipline choice...

But Lasombra would require Obtenebration, and new Tremere paths would require as well new discipline creations. (Eventually it could be a Lasombra with Dominate, Potence and Obfuscate instead, close enough with the tools we got)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I like very much where the discussion is going... Very Happy

*wags enthusiastically*
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Vampire the Masquerade, Hidden clans Edition ? (since CE is finished ? :p)
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 3:31 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:

Doing this involves 3 files: clandoc000.txt, histories000.txt, and traiteffects000.txt.
In clandoc, you must add Celerity 1 and Obfuscate 1 to the disciplines for Player_Gangrel.
In histories, you have to add the new history with name, description,and whatever else there is needed.
And in traitseffects you have to do two things: First in the clan part shut Celerity and Obfuscate off again by setting a "-2" modifier. Then in the histories part you have to set a "-1" and a "Max 0" modifier for Animalism and Fortitude. And a "+2" modifier to reactivate Celerity and Obfuscate.

This will give you a City Gangrel with one red dot in Bloodheal, Celerity, Corpus Vampirus (Bloodbuff), Obfuscate. and Protean.

- geek

The -2 modifiers are clever, that's the part that eluded me. Well done.

The sababt bloodline histories should explain that your sire was a Sabbat spy, but (s)he never got to tell you about.

I approve of all the other bloodline ideas, though the city Gangrel is the one I'd probably like to play most of all. Or maybe the Istharri, who basically becomes unkillable with all disciplines developed.

The only Nossie bloodline I know of are those guys that rule Africa, but they aren't always ugly and trade away Obfuscate so it wouldn't really work out in-game.

Let's see, if we want to make a bloodline for every clan what have we got:
1) Brujah - Osebo
2) Gangrel - City Gangrel
3) Malakvian - Dominate Malkavian
4) Nosferatu - ???
5) Toreador - Ishtarri
6) Tremere - ???
7) Ventrue - Ventrue Antitribu
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Well, there might be choices for Nosferatu, if you think about zero appearance: not Nictuku, not Samedi, what about Gargoyle? Potence, Fortitude, Protean. Chantry closed early tonight...
Guruhi have ani pot pre.

Dragatus wrote:
The sababt bloodline histories should explain that your sire was a Sabbat spy, but (s)he never got to tell you about.
I like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Meh I don't like African bloodlines. I just feel it was always over done

Gargoyles could be fun but there's no way to switch the model... And strauss wouldn't let that happen XD But there's an idea.

Ahrimanes for the Gangrel, though ? they got Spiritus but that could be Protean anyway.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Claudia wrote:
Vampire the Masquerade, Hidden clans Edition ? (since CE is finished ? :p)
Why not Vampire the Masquerade -More Bloodlines? Wink

A Dominate Malk would only work if I can also make changes with the targeted disciplines. One of the limitations is that dialog Dominate (disciplinetgt02) only works with Ventrue (vclan 8 ).

Actually adding clans isn't that big problem, new disciplines is the big issue. The only thing about new clans is that you can't access them with the pulldown menues from the creation screen, you have to select them by adding to the creation questions. Or compleetely rework this part of character creation. That's basically what Offcorn did for his p&p mod.

Yea, I've also been thinking about putting a Lasombra history to the Ventrue, or perhaps mix one of the last surviving Salubri in the Tremere. Maybe a Follower of Seth as a Malk history.

Maybe there is a chance that I can add one new discipline. Depends on the result of some tests I want to do. In the console error messages for map loading, there is something about not finding the files for disctgt05 to 09. So perhaps it is possible to make some of the passive disciplines targeted. Then I can combine bloodbuff and bloodheal to one targeted discipline with the different bloodbuffs separated, and perhaps even two forms of bloodheal, an instant one and one with increased healing rate over a certain time.

Got to quit now. Keep the ideas rolling folks. I'll throw some of the other ideas I have in mind for a new start to the wolves tomorrow.

- geek

Last edited by Childe of Malkav on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Genius name, Malkav !

(btw I found out Burgermeister will go through Bochum somewhere in June... Hm... interesting stuff. Go grab some coffee with him bro ! ^^)

What about combining fortitude with blood heal and potence or celerity with blood buff... )
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Why not Vampire the Masquerade -More Bloodlines? Wink
My thoughts exactly! Very Happy
My thoughts! Give 'em back Wink

Childe of Malkav wrote:
one new discipline
Let the war begins. Obtenebration, maybe..? Wink
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 am

Jad.3 wrote:

Let the war begins. Obtenebration, maybe..? Wink

New Thaumaturgy Path? Fire maybe? I loved firestorms in Redemption Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 am

Good boy Feral :p
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Fire sounds like fun. And there is that !Tremere in the hotel that's already playing with flames.
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Obeah. Or Valeren.
Or another major clan?
Let's see, Assamite, Ravnos, Giovanni, Followers of Set, Lasombra and Tzimizce.

Hmm...
Going by this, I want to say Tzimizce or Ravnos. Just adding in another path to Thaumaturgy? Seems like a waste of a good chance to add in something that's utterly new. Like Flesh warping or Reality bending. Now those sound fun.

Edit: If you think about it, most of the edited Disciplines screw the rules. And IIRC, Vissicitude 8 had an ability to breathe fire.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:27 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Obeah. Or Valeren.
Or another major clan?
Let's see, Assamite, Ravnos, Giovanni, Followers of Set, Lasombra and Tzimizce.

Hmm...
Going by this, I want to say Tzimizce or Ravnos. Just adding in another path to Thaumaturgy? Seems like a waste of a good chance to add in something that's utterly new. Like Flesh warping or Reality bending. Now those sound fun.

Edit: If you think about it, most of the edited Disciplines screw the rules. And IIRC, Vissicitude 8 had an ability to breathe fire.
The guy's got a point. Screw Thaumaturgy Wink
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:52 pm

And on the account for the Tremere history and possibility of a new discipline, why not do a history with a Tremere antitribu? And the new Discipline could be Dark Thaumaturgy? And for that, taking an ability from most paths available? Like:

Dark Thaumaturgy 1: Induce Fear (Path of Phobos 1) - Makes people run away in fear.

Dark Thaumaturgy 2: Intrusion (Path of Pleasure 2) - Make a person filled with bliss, making their blood run faster and giving 1 extra blood point with each 1 drunk.

Dark Thaumaturgy 3: Blowtorch (Fires of the Inferno 3) - Wield green balefire and damage people with it.

Dark Thaumaturgy 4: Poisoned Soul (Path of the Defile 4) - Take away a being's moral and ethical inhibitions, making the affected act upon murderous intentions...before killing themselves.

Dark Thaumaturgy 5: Hundred Deaths (Path of Pain 5) - Cause an affected being to get lacerating cuts that constantly open and heal all over the body.

And as for a Nosferatu history, why not add one that goes like "Gargoyle Blooded", the history explaining that the Sire was an escapee of a gargoyle experiment, but still had abit of Tremere and Tzimizce/Gangrel Blood in them. This can even go into two histories.

Gargoyle Freak Accident - Sentinel" When your sire gave you his/her blood, s/he gave you something else as well. Your sire was about to become a gargoyle, but escaped from the Tremere bastards at the critical moment. Along with being Nosferatu, you have abit of Tzimizce blood in you too, allowing you to heal better naturally and with Blood Heal as well as giving yourself a better buff with Blood Buff. However, your looks have suffered abit and your hideousness is more noticeable.

"Gargoyle Freak Accident - Scout" When your sire gave you his/her blood, s/he gave you something else as well. Your sire was about to become a gargoyle, but escaped from the Tremere bastards at the critical moment. If you thought the curse of the Nosferatu was bad, now you have a complete lack of sociability thanks to the Gangrel blood to make a scout too. Your social skills cost more to raise, but who said you needed to speak at all when the shadows are the best place to be? Intimidation costs less, and Animalism costs less to raise.

What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 4:58 pm

I think that's way too fancy but then again I hate fancy. But why not
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Yeah, why not when it's Thaumaturgy! Razz
Dude (Saulot), you make a good point then screw it all. Not cool, dude, not cool!
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Yeah, why not when it's Thaumaturgy! Razz
Dude (Saulot), you make a good point then screw it all. Not cool, dude, not cool!

Well, it's ultimately Malkav's Decision. Besides, I was going to post it, but then you posted. *sighs*

Anyways, it's not just any Thaumaturgy, it's DARK THAUMATURGY. Very Happy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M--LGs1-Oyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines and histories   Disciplines and histories Empty

Back to top Go down

Disciplines and histories
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Post Your Ideas-
Jump to: