Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deathknight1728
Fledgling
Fledgling

A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff Empty
PostSubject: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Its been a while and seeing that I still didn't complete the base game once, I figured that I might as well give a go at it since I got some free time. You guys are nice enough to make a mod for this game and so I figured your nice enough to answer a question or two Wink

1-When it comes to lethality, does that mean how much of a chance a melee attack or whatever attack has of getting through to being damage?

2-What does defense do? Does it take affect as a chance to evade enemies attacks (at all times) or only when you press and hold tab to block? If it is somewhat passive than it has a use, but if not, then it is somewhat useless.

3-When it comes to stamina, Does it affect the regeneration rate of your character or just the protection against bullets and blunt objects?

4-Is it realistic to get through the game with just persuasion and some light combat skills?

Thanks to anyone that can answer those questions.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm

I can answer yours 4th question, I think.

For most of the game, yes. There tend to be two ways of doing things, at least.
As you know the game developers went bankrupt during it's making, though. So they had to finish fast.
Which means that in the second half of the game you do a hack and slash. No persuasion, no sneaking. Plain kill them all. Unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Hm, what I can tell you is this:

1: AFAIK, the lethality is only used in damage calculations.

2: Defence is purely passive. And IMO a good defence value is more important than armor. Using TAB to block attacks just adds your DEX to the defence feat. This is mostly useful to get your balance back if you were hit hard.

3: Stamina has no effect whatsoever on the healing rate. In the vanilla game, it only adds to the bashing soak. That means blunt instruments and, for kindred only, bullets.
In the CE and TFN mods, stamina also influences the rate of bloodloss. But I'd suggest for your first game you should use only the base patch.

4: I'd say feral is right. What you really need is persuasion. Bringing up seduction to 4 gets you the blooddolls in Santa Monica and downtown. Useful if you can't risc any further masquerade violations while hunting. Another important feat is stealth or Obfuscate.
For combat, I go through most of the game with knife, glock, and sometimes the heavy colt. For the endgame, you need a bit more...
Like Feral said, towards the end Troika ran into impossible deadlines by Activision, so there is more hack and slash than real roleplay.

- geek
Back to top Go down
makiavelli990
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 5:18 pm

is it possible to make blood cost for using discipline in dialogs only to 1 point for all levels?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:21 am

makiavelli990 wrote:
is it possible to make blood cost for using discipline in dialogs only to 1 point for all levels?
It is possible, but you have to edit every instance of discipline use in all dialogs.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:51 pm

And that is an aggravated case of masochism... Sad 
Back to top Go down
makiavelli990
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
but you have to edit every instance of discipline use in all dialogs.
how can i do that?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 4:43 am

You have to find every instance of Discipline # and replace it by Discipline 1 & Discipline #, where # is any level beyond 1. For the exact rules applying to this, look in Dheu's guide.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
makiavelli990
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Thanks
easy enough)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff   A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions about Bloodlines and other stuff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: