Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xqwzts
Fledgling
Fledgling

So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? Empty
PostSubject: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:02 pm

Sorry if I'm missing something. The update thread actually states:
Quote :
Game Manual
- Updated to reflect the changes, and now explains how to change the Bloodtimer for bloodloss.
Another thread - https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1584-the-bloodloss-timer-system - says
Quote :
You can of course modify the python scripting or the game maps to change or remove the timer. The official Team Camarilla International website has the details.
- But nowhere in the manual or on the website have I found any instructions or details. The manual says how the bloodloss is timed, but not how to edit it.

Is there some documentation file or some explanation thread that I'm missing?

While a nice reminder of who you are, after the novelty wears off, the rapid rate of Bloodloss makes it more of a nuisance that makes you hurry everywhere, so I want to slow it down. Ideally I'd like to keep the tie to Humanity, for a timer like Stamina*Humanity [time] before loss.

The closest I've come to finding anything related is this code in vamputil.py (snipped a bit):
Code:
def OnBLEvent():
    BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 16 + pc.stamina * 2 - 2
    __main__.G.BloodCounter = __main__.G.BloodCounter + 1
    if((__main__.G.BloodCounter >= BLOOD_MAX_COUNT) or (pc.bloodpool == 16)):
        if(pc.bloodpool >1):
            pc.Bloodloss(1)
        __main__.G.BloodCounter = 0    
Fairly intuitive. I take it a minute is 4 "events" per comparing to the manual. Will editing the numbers here and deleting vamputil.pyc achieve the result, or is there more that needs to be recompiled?

Still not sure how you connected it to Humanity. Running Clan Quest 3.0.1 with Camarilla 1.4.
If the humanity bit isn't yet in any released mod... do I just change it to this, to get 1.5 minutes at 1*1 and ~half hour at 5*10?
Code:
BLOOD_MAX_COUNT = 4 + 2 * pc.stamina * pc.humanity
Another thing I'd like to change, if it's possible, is to restore healing upon feeding, so that I don't have to separately cast Bloodheal, which again makes you feel more like a spellcaster than a vampire.
This I have no idea how to do, but I really loved how feeding actually healed you in vanilla VTMB, and I guess it's not much code to restore?
(Not looking for an easymode; I'm planning to raise difficulty elsewhere).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Why does this fucking site always die on me, while I'm posting?

yep, you're right about the timer.
For the healing, edit -bloodlines\vampire\vdata\system\rules.txt. Search for VampFeedingHeal_Info and change the ratio.
Btw, automatic healing while feeding is not a p&p rule.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:15 am

I confirm, feeding doesn't heal you in pen and paper, it just gives you blood which you can then use to heal.
Back to top Go down
Xqwzts
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
For the healing, edit -bloodlines\vampire\vdata\system\rules.txt. Search for VampFeedingHeal_Info and change the ratio.
Thanks, got it.
Is there some way self-heal on feeding and general self-heal could be customized to follow a formula?
Mostly I'd like to essentially divide the blood gained between bloodpool and forced self-heals.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Btw, automatic healing while feeding is not a p&p rule.
IK, but I find it just way better for game flow.

As long as it's not outright feed-run-feed for invulnerability and wiping all enemies like in Redemption. But at least you can't feed on meaningful opponents in VTMB.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:56 am

Xqwzts wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Thanks, got it.
Is there some way self-heal on feeding and general self-heal could be customized to follow a formula?
Mostly I'd like to essentially divide the blood gained between bloodpool and forced self-heals.
The only way I see for this is auto-activating bloodheal when you begin feeding. I've seen a tip how to do it somewhere here or on Planet Vampire, but I can't remember where exactly. So I can't give proper advice right now. Sorry.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Xqwzts
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:04 pm

Hmm.
Anyway, now I've run into what's probably a bug. On each bloodloss, I seem to lose about 75% of my health. This occurs both with the CQM+CE vamputil pyc and with my modified version.

Any idea for where or how to look for it? Quite sure it can't be my changes to the code, but just in case, my OnBLevent looks like
Spoiler:
Nothing actually added, but just in case.

If this is caused by pc.Bloodloss, question is where do I look for that pc.Bloodloss function - simple text search doesn't seem to help?

I thought it was related to BloodToHealthRatio, but setting it back to 0 doesn't change anything (other than no heal on feeding).

The same effect happens when "Your body rejects the blood of this lowborn human".
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:35 am

Does it happen even when your bloodpool if full, or only when your bloodpool is low?
Damage as a kind of starving effect when your bloodpool is low is afaik a hardcoded feature of the game.
Might also be a problem caused by the interaction of CE and CQM.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Xqwzts
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 am

Now that you mention it, I think the damage was proportional to the difference between my current and maximum bloodpool.
So it was supposed to be this way? I see. I never noticed this in the vanilla game, because it didn't really seem to have bloodloss events.

What was the pc.Bloodloss(n) function originally used for - Ventrue vomiting and a few scripted events?

Overall though kinda *not* nice to get that bloodloss tick nearing the end of a tough battle and suddenly get one-shot.
Now I'm thinking to replace pc.Bloodloss() with a forced cast of Blood Heal - would avoid impact on combat while working the same out of combat.

How would I go about that? Specifically how would I force cast a spell, since I have little idea where to look for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?   So -how- to change the bloodloss timer? Empty

Back to top Go down

So -how- to change the bloodloss timer?
Page 1 of 1