Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ventrue diets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

A few ideas I had for using histories to create different feeding needs for Ventrue. Feel free to comment and add...

-Goblet drinker: you just can't get the hang of directly sucking from people's necks. So the only safe option for you is to use bloodbags, as even draining bluebloods runs the risc of vomiting.

-Rich man's son/daughter: You've learned early in your life that everything costs money. And as an undead, you still have the feeling that only blood you paid for is acceptable. So you can only drink the blood of prostitutes you have paid.

-Ghoulsucker: you can only drink ghoul blood. Of course for this to work, there will be the need to make some more ghouls. Maybe the girl in Asylum who in vanilla is the only choice to be sent to Vandal. Or convince Patty that her sire has left town or is dead, and make her your ghoul instead. That will leave you with only very few sources for blood, and will also require you to regularly give them some of your vitae to keep them ghouled.

And then of course there are the usual ones like skin or hair color, gender, age, whatever. But that kind of thing is even harder to get in code...

-geek 
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:05 pm

While it does seems interesting, couldn't the last one upset the balance too much against the Ventrue? If, let's say, there's six ghouls in game (one in each hub + 1 in each haven), far more than there are now, you're still drastically reduced of options, especially if that includes blood bags.

And would Rich son still be able to drink bloodbags? you're still paying for it Basketball 
The only thing I recommend is to leave the option for the vanilla restriction, but I think that has crossed your mind anyways
Back to top Go down
Kanis
Fledgling
Fledgling

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Very interesting, but what is the other half of the coin for them?
Diet restrictions are a fairly significant barrier, but what bonus do they get in return? Just extra blood from those sources? The boon would half to be fairly significant to maintain their blood pool.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Having only a limited choice on blood sources is what makes playing a Ventrue interesting...
Besides, I can make the ghouls blueblood, so there is more to get from each of them. Plus your ghouls are always available without the need to seduce, pay a hooker, or be in danger of a masquerade violation while hunting.
And to be honest, for me there is next to no restriction compared to other clans since I don't eat bums or prostitutes anyway. Got a sick one downtown once, and that has cured me of poor blood for all times.

Of course "no history" for Ventrue would mean the usual feeding restrictions.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:07 pm

Hmmm let's see the bloodtypes...

Feeding on Rats, feeding on "commoners", feeding on bums? Then there's gender bloodtypes, which shouldn't be restricted on the player's gender.

Self-Made (Wo)Man - In life, you rose above the hell that was your home and made yourself much more. However, you can't seem to let go of your past. You can only safely drink the blood of lowlifes without penalty.

Democratic - A power bastion is nothing without the people who support it, you know this well. As such, only the blood of regular people is acceptable to you.

Ratsucker - Well, well, well. It seems that your low ways reflect your tastes in undeath. Or it was plain unlucky. You can only feast on rats without penalty.
Note: Polite vampire society looks down on animal feasting.

Ladykiller - Can only feed on females.

Maneater - Can only feed on males.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 am

Hm, I'd like to have something more specific that will give a real restriction, though not too tough. Or with a corresponding benefit. IMO, Ventrue are OP as it is. Especially with the charisma bonus used by the plus patch. For most histories I intend to keep that, but as a regular red dot.

Too bad, human combatants don't refill on map load. Just got an idea, but I don't know yet how to make it real:
-Al Capone's nephew: Your human family came to power in the underworld. This history has left traces in your unlife. You can only use the blood of law enforcers...

And then there would be the opposite:
suspiciously honest: Your goal in life was fighting crime and criminals. Left you with a latent desire for thug blood...

Feeding on women only wouldn't be a hard restriction, since (nearly) all blooddolls, and all the prostitutes are female. And next to no female pedestrians are combatants, so there is less risc of accidentally killing someone while hunting.
Male only in comparison is harder.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 am

Bad taste: You can only feed from bums. So you're pretty much fucked when you come Downtown.

Al Capone's nephew: Only blood taken by force sustains you. So you have to punch someone in the face first, then you can feed.

I like the idea of feeding from hookers (in any way though). Also an idea with bloodbags is rolling in my head but can't take proper shape. It's something like this:
Bad taste: hookers (bums?) + regular bb only;
Fine taste: ghouls + blueblood bb only;
Lacroix's grandchild: vampires + elder vitae bb only.
It's like raising the bar, gradually increase the "difficulty"... Something like that. The last option would be interesting, devouring Sabbat in combat, harrasing caitiff on the beach (perhaps you should bloodbond them first; or only the idiotic one; or only the Malk would decline your offer; or you could have the option of feeding frenzied Lily your blood first, thus allowing Vandal to kill his coleague Wink and forcing her and E to stay; or you could chain them in your basement and would have to chuck them mortals from time to time Razz ). I'll shut up now Smile

SaulottheGentle wrote:

Oh oh there he comes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:56 am

Jad.3 wrote:

SaulottheGentle wrote:

What do you mean? ?_?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:13 pm

SaulottheGentle wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

SaulottheGentle wrote:

What do you mean? ?_?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:47 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Bad taste: You can only feed from bums. So you're pretty much fucked when you come Downtown.
Yep.

Quote :
Al Capone's nephew: Only blood taken by force sustains you. So you have to punch someone in the face first, then you can feed.
Difficult. Most pedestrians don't stand a hit from a decent fighter. And while combatants do, they don't refill on map-load. So you'll soon end with no dinner and no humanity...

Quote :
I like the idea of feeding from hookers (in any way though). Also an idea with bloodbags is rolling in my head but can't take proper shape. It's something like this:
Bad taste: hookers (bums?) + regular bb only;
Fine taste: ghouls + blueblood bb only;
Lacroix's grandchild: vampires + elder vitae bb only.
It's like raising the bar, gradually increase the "difficulty"... Something like that. The last option would be interesting, devouring Sabbat in combat, harrasing caitiff on the beach (perhaps you should bloodbond them first; or only the idiotic one; or only the Malk would decline your offer; or you could have the option of feeding frenzied Lily your blood first, thus allowing Vandal to kill his coleague ;)and forcing her and E to stay; or you could chain them in your basement and would have to chuck them mortals from time to time Razz ). I'll shut up now Smile
Dunno if I can restrict the bloodbag use. And making feeding from vampires possible would probably mean heavily editing every npc template file.

Jad.3 wrote:
SaulottheGentle wrote:

That video...lol! 

-geek 
Back to top Go down
SaulottheGentle
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
SaulottheGentle

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:47 pm

Business part'nahs - Can only feed off of those you have business relations to? (Venus, Yukie, Fat Larry, Tseng, Trip, Mercurio, Romero, Vandal)

Marionette Master - Can only feed off of blood dolls.

Blue Blood - Default. Can only feed on high class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ventrue diets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ventrue diets   Ventrue diets Empty

Back to top Go down

Ventrue diets
Page 1 of 1