Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exclusive Experience

Go down 
+2
Karavolos
Kanis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanis
Fledgling
Fledgling

Exclusive Experience Empty
PostSubject: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:56 pm

From reading the posts concerning this potential mod and my own thoughts it's looking like what is wanted most is exclusive experience. That is to say that playing each clan should offer a game experience that the others don't in some fashion.

For instance i've seen a lot of discussion about the Ventrue and their picky eating habits (damned nose-in-the-ait, holier-than-thou..but i digress) being an integral part of being a Ventrue and is something that should be represented. The basics of how to bring this to the table are easy enough. The flip side of that coin is that the Ventrue are the upper most echelon of society both vampiric and otherwise, they have that natural leg up. How does one bring that experience to the table? maybe extra money/items from quests, maybe something else. it requires discussion.

other clans are a little more difficult as VtM:B isn't actually an RPG, it's Action/Adventure with RPG elements.

you cannot really play a Toreador to the hilt and shmooze your way out of trouble all the time, and that's kinda sad. Maybe however there is something that can be done anyway.

I suggest we all, as a board, try to figure out what we want out of each clan, what the experience should be like and how to achieve that.
do we want the gangrel to really feel like they struggle with the Beast moreso than other clans? how do we differentiate that from being a Brujah? how do we really make the player feel like a Tremere. so on and so forth.

am i just barking up the wrong tree here, or could this be a suitable path for mod development.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

It has potential, I like it.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 6:22 pm

You are barking up the right tree here, Kanis.

I will try to think something up for Gangrel if RL permits.

Wait... Kanis? That name...
*sniffs Kanis' rear end to check for wolfy scents*
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:02 pm

*hits Feral with rolled newspaper* Bad dog!

Well, how much change would you like to see and how much is actually possible? I mean, how different can you actually make the gameplay for each clan? Not everyone can be Nosferatu - some differences are already there:
Brujah frenzy easier, Gangrel's manifestation of Beast makes Social traits cost more XP, Ventrue almost can't feed from hookers, Toreadors are fuckin' morons not worth the pile of ash they make when you throw them into sunrise, etc.
How would you differentiate, really?

I.e.:
Increase frenzy chance overall ('cause I almost never frenzy even as a Brujah);
- so the Brujah would be double-screwed;
- set a counter for Gangrel and make him loose a Social dot at random every 3rd frenzy (which would be a bitch with Animalims 5 - frenzy at will);
- ???
- Profit?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:06 pm

I think we have 3 clans fairly well covered in this regard: Malkavians (unique dialogue), Nosferatu (can't show yourself on the street), and Ventrue (eating habits).

Now we need something unique for the Brujah, Gangrel, Toreador and Tremere. Not just a little bit of dialogue here and there, it needs to be something that will impact the entire game.

For the Gangrel and Tremere we could perhaps base it somehow on their respective unique disciplines. Maybe find a way to use them outside combat.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Good point.

Tremere - feeding without fear of Masquerade breach? Something Thefty? She comes to a hooker, shakes her hand, steals some blood through skin... They would need a flaw to balance this out, though.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Gangrel should have it harder to hang out with people due to low status and their animalistic mindset. By the same token animals should be more agreeable to PC. But give me a belly rub if I knew how to implement that. Especially there is so few animals in game, which takes away main Gangrel's edge.

Tremere should be mistrusted and feared. So social interactions should be harder too, albeit for different reasons. Being a part of the Pyramid they should have more access to resources and understanding of the occult. The PC is outside of the Pyramid and in quite a precarious in between position as to status as Tremere in the eyes of House and Clan, though...
Back to top Go down
Kanis
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Having our attachment to nature is kinda hard considering the game. Having it tied to our humanity might be interesting, it can even be something that can be handled with histories to an extent. Maybe one history gets double humanity losses, maybe another get temporary(15sec?) humanity loss for each human kill. Something that represents how we as a clan are closer to our Beast than the other clans that still cling to their Man.

I do think that the Tremere should have some social detriment because, in the words of Tung. "Tremere are creepy, and I think they like it that way"

I'm not not convinced we have nosferatu and venture nailed down. Malks sure though a history choice to change your particular dementia might be nice so you could have something besides paranoid schizophrenia. Not major, it's nice.
Nosferatu if we can get zero to copy paste his same do work would be nice. Ventrue feeding isn't that restrictive really and there has been a lot of conversation to limit it further, with history options to decide what your restriction is. It would be nice to have them feel "more important" than others however. The best I can figure is give extra benefits, not including experience, from quests. Or maybe we could use some of the inspiration from companion mod and let them use people as pawns or something.

I don't think e can just have toreador explode into ash as soon as entering the game, so we'd havea to give them... Something?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

This discussion is very interesting, but ig gets a bit confusing. We should split it up for the different clans.
About disciplines. My intention is to get back closer to vanilla. I don't really like what Zer0 has done with the CE disciplines before I took over. And I particularly dislike what Wesp and Entenschreck are doing now in the plus patch.
Especially the changes to Dominate and Dementation. Zer0 has made them OP, with having a bigger chance of affecting and damaging kindred as well as kine. As for the things Wesp and Entenschreck are doing, both are IMO completely useless. The only thing I approve of for their changes is the new 4th level Thaumaturgy.

-geek 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusive Experience   Exclusive Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusive Experience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: undead LA mod :: Ideas-
Jump to: