Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General info

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: General info   General info EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 am

I have decided to put out an alpha version of my new mod for testing. Of course there will be some problems, but I don't think anything really gamebreaking. For example the poster quest will cause trouble because I haven't yet sorted out the items and messages.
I want this alpha test for two reasons. First, while I'm programming I don't have much time for playtesting, and second, I don't play every clan and mostly the diplomatic approach, so I need testers who play Nossies, or go the more violent way...

If you're interested, send me a pm, and I'll provide the download link. I don't want it public, because this really is ALPHA, and for that reason I need the access limited.

Every forum member may apply.

For posting here, only alphatesters may open a new topic, but every forum member can reply.
Please open a new topic for every problem you encounter, and before posting, check if a similar topic already exists.
For ideas about changing things that are not considered bugs, please use the wishes subforum.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 1:58 pm

I have forgotten to add the readme to the download file. So here it is:

UndeadLA Alphaversion README

Best use an unpatched copy of the game, or one with only the official patch. Wesps patch up to version 8.0 will probably also work, but be extremely careful with anything beyond that. The more recent versions of the patch include many things I have removed for this mod. Also I don't recommend using Tessara's patch as a basis. I have no idea how that works, and if it could cause problems. And as usual, don't install any other mod along with this. Simple character reskins or the texture packs by Gothic Seraphim or GothicLegionaire aren't supposed to cause trouble.

To install, unzip the archive and copy everything into your bloodlines basedirectory. Allow to merge folders and overwrite files.

REMEMBER, THIS VERSION IS ALPHA! I DON'T EXPECT ANY GAMEBREAKING PROBLEMS, BUT SOME THINGS MAY NOT YET BE COMPLETELY IMPLEMENTED.

The important things:
-revised and more flexible keybinding options
-new character creation system
-City Gangrel as Gangrel history, complete with revised tutorial
-one player haven for every clan, located on a separate map, can be reached by taxi or sewer travel
-Akeem located in the old Santa Monica haven, he will sell books for training your abilities, much like the email college in CE

Enjoy and report any problems you encounter to the TCI forum!

-Malkav
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 pm

I have already a first fix. Just download it and add to your testgame.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24514379/uLA_fix1.zip

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Here is another fix: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24535452/uLA_fix2.zip
Copy on the game with the alphatest mod. If you want to join the alphatesters now, you don't need fix1, it's included here.
A few bugfixes and a new character creation system. I've tried to make it more p&p like, with generation, resources, herd, and free points. The free points also allow you to learn a 4th discipline, but only auspex, celerity, fortitude, obfuscate, potence, and presence, and raise humanity.
You can even start with one of your clan disciplines at level 0. Then the tutorial won't insist on using the discipline. Just kill the guard(s) any way you see fit, and you may proceed.
When you create a new character, you set clan, gender, and history as usual. Then you watch, or skip, the intro, and when you get out of the theatre, a dialog starts where you set attributes, abilities, disciplines, background, and free points.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:51 pm

Fix number 3: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24581391/uLA_fix3.zip
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 pm

What does it do?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 7:21 pm

Dragatus wrote:
What does it do?
Updates the creation dialog. Adds Heather as retainer. You can meet her in the Asylum after ghouling her. Adds one "herd" blooddoll, though as yet without spoken text, for testing. And a few minor changes and bugfixes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General info Empty
PostSubject: Re: General info   General info Empty

Back to top Go down

General info
Page 1 of 1