Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

char creation in the latest update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

char creation in the latest update Empty
PostSubject: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 8:59 am

I found a problem in the character creation dialog. The link for starting money is broken.
To fix it you have to change the link in line 125 from "125" to "246".

/vampire/dlg/main characters/character_creation.dlg
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:55 am

Baww, one less thing to report.

Can you force 'Load autosave' on 'stats reset'? I generally don't view dialogues, I think I saw some info about autosave just fade away... Wink

If I don't meet the two point limit during the creation, I still can get melee up to eight with freebies due to the history bonus. That's what the new histories will be for, right? Smile

What disciplines do you allow to be chosen as ooc new ones?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:27 am

Jad.3 wrote:

Can you force 'Load autosave' on 'stats reset'? I generally don't view dialogues, I think I saw some info about autosave just fade away... Wink
I don't know if I can do that. Would a popup to remind you after closing the dialog be ok?

Quote :
If I don't meet the two point limit during the creation, I still can get melee up to eight with freebies due to the history bonus. That's what the new histories will be for, right? Smile
This kind of bonus isn't the real problem with the histories. What I want to avoid is abilities costing more or less, or being capped. That can cause problems with the research books.

Quote :
For now I have celerity, fortitude, obfuscate, potence, and presence. Any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:32 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:

I don't know if I can do that. Would a popup to remind you after closing the dialog be ok?

I guess. I know what I'm doing / loosing, perhaps a popup would make it foolproof.

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Jad.3 wrote:
For now I have celerity, fortitude, obfuscate, potence, and presence. Any other suggestions?

And auspex. That leaves out dementation, dominate and protean. Acquiring dem. is out of question, protean - ok; what about dominate?

Last edited by Jad.3 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 3:08 pm

It also leaves Thaumaturgy out. But that is self evident.
For dominate, ok it's not a clan specific discipline, but having it should give the dialog options as well as the combat uses. And that requires a hell of scripting because dialog dominate is reserved for clan Ventrue.
Maybe for a later version, but for now I don't want to pile even more dialog editing on my desk.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 4:55 pm

I thought of it as a Ventrue specific, so I'm fine with the way it is. I bet there are more important things to do.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Speaking of character creation process...
here it says it costs 8 points to add a third dot in Attributes.

Well, I have 17, and I already started with 2 points in charisma (so I can persuade people)
But there is no option to there it further!

Same for clan disciplines.

It's a Malkavian, just in case you're wondering.

Edit: I can't raise Skills further than 3 as well, even thought it only costs 6.

It may be intentional, but itsure is confusing.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

You can get hte 3rd dot only in your primary attributes and abilities. So as a Malk without histories you can set Perception, Intelligence, Wits, computers, finance, inspection, and rhetoric to 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: char creation in the latest update   char creation in the latest update Empty

Back to top Go down

char creation in the latest update
Page 1 of 1