Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hate this game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

I hate this game... Empty
PostSubject: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 8:05 am

It's horrible. Every time I try to implement some new feature it doesn't work because this stupid game doesn't update the player stats.
I'm trying to implement a Malk history with the same feeding restrictions as for clan Ventrue. But the vomitting seems to be hardcoded for Ventrue, and sripting doesn't work because pc.bloodpool isn't updated fast enough.
If I can't find a better way, a static bloodloss of 3 points in case of vomitting will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 1:32 pm

I removed the vomiting for the Ventrue player when I implemented the Setites. Let me see if I can figure out how I did that, because if you can remove it from one clan I don't see why you couldn't add it for another.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I removed the vomiting for the Ventrue player when I implemented the Setites. Let me see if I can figure out how I did that, because if you can remove it from one clan I don't see why you couldn't add it for another.
Don't bother looking, I did already. You changed the internal name for the clan from Ventrue to Setite. So in order to activate it I'd have to internally call the Malks "Ventrue" as well. Not a good idea I thinkl. scratch
I have settled for a 3 point bloodloss no matter how much blood you have taken. And that works.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:21 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
Don't bother looking, I did already. You changed the internal name for the clan from Ventrue to Setite. So in order to activate it I'd have to internally call the Malks "Ventrue" as well. Not a good idea I thinkl. scratch
I have settled for a 3 point bloodloss no matter how much blood you have taken. And that works.
Ain't you gonna drop to negative values of blood with this? Like, draining 1 point and vomiting 2 bloodpoints?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 5:15 am

Yes, with this you can lose more than you have gained. But on the other hand, you can get 5 bloodpoints from a prostitute and vomit only 3, so in the long run it will balance. And if you're stupid enough to feed on lowlife if you are nearly full, that's not my fault.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:04 pm

I mean, if your bloodpool is low enough, like 1 point left, and you feed superfast (gain 0 points), and end vomiting 3 points, you will have -2, since it's a static value, not deduced. And usually when it get's negative, it also gets infinite! Like, you can use spells and magics for free at this point in games.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Cretino wrote:
I mean, if your bloodpool is low enough, like 1 point left, and you feed superfast (gain 0 points), and end vomiting 3 points, you will have -2, since it's a static value, not deduced. And usually when it get's negative, it also gets infinite! Like, you can use spells and magics for free at this point in games.

I did not know that. It is quite lore breaking, no?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Cretino wrote:
I'll have to test that, and if necessary change the script.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Back to the title of this thread....

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate this game...   I hate this game... Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate this game...
Page 1 of 1