Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4

Go down 
+11
Childe of Malkav
YamiRaziel
Dragatus
malak
kyoden
Cretino
Zer0Morph
MxM
Feral
Eliza
neonedrid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:34 am

malak wrote:
I thought the camera was supposed to be the sneaky way, and actually walking up to it for Brujah and Gangrel. Granted, the horn, or starting the engines should do SOMETHING, but meh.

You would think that police and security cameras would cause masquerade violations, but NOPE!

There's also Obfuscate as the sneaky way.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:36 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
I'll post when I've decided what I want to do about these quest items, then let you guys tear up my ideas. Razz  

Sounds like a plan. What are your current thoughts on randomizing the location of the quest items like I suggested?

Quote :
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I hid the Gargoyle book in the chantry too, maybe I shouldn't have done that, LOLOLOLS. I hid EVERYTHING!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

That's fine. That quest can already be completed without the book, though the book does help.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:52 am

Dragatus, I suggested that first. I even suggested it for everything else Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:04 am

Dragatus wrote:
That's fine. That quest can already be completed without the book, though the book does help.

I just realized it's not the book that protects you, but the talisman. Okay cool, I can keep the book hidden then.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:35 am

Why does the talisman and other items sound like anvils when they are dropped on the ground?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:32 am

Maybe they're working part-time at a blacksmith? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:44 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I hid the Gargoyle book in the chantry too, maybe I shouldn't have done that, LOLOLOLS. I hid EVERYTHING!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

You sound like a passive-aggressive toddler whose plans for world domination (or just to get hold of the cookie jar) have been foiled, so now they take revenge by ... hiding stuff under the sofa. lol! Perhaps we should go softer on your new mechanics ideas. What a Face
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:40 am

Karavolos wrote:

I can provide the fix for that: Find the .py file of the item and then use a hexeditor to change the "surfaceprop" line to what is appropiate Smile!
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:47 am

wesp is slytherin, and that is why he is proficient in python language.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:50 am

Cretino wrote:

Oops, it's supposed to be .phy, not .py! It's not a Python file, but a physics file for the item...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Cretino wrote:
We're not tiny wand wileding little wannabe wizards. We are goddamned vampires. So if Wesp speaks python language, he is a Setite. And that goes for Zer0 and me as well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Cretino wrote:
We're not tiny wand wileding little wannabe wizards. We are goddamned vampires. So if Wesp speaks python language, he is a Setite. And that goes for Zer0 and me as well. Laughing

There is an entire clan that throws that claim into the dirt, and a few that call it into question, sooo. . .
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 2:58 pm

wesp5 wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

I can provide the fix for that: Find the .py file of the item and then use a hexeditor to change the "surfaceprop" line to what is appropiate Smile!

Can't we just change the sound file to something more appropriate?

Childe of Malkav wrote:
So if Wesp speaks python language, he is a Setite. And that goes for Zer0 and me as well. Laughing

Whoa whoa whoa, them is fightin' words noobie. I ain't not gosh-darn Setite, I'm a Brujah damnit!!! Evil or Very Mad

lol!
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:00 pm

malak wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Cretino wrote:

There is an entire clan that throws that claim into the dirt, and a few that call it into question, sooo. . .
Yea, the bloodthieves, some ancient fiends, and a splintergroup of the assassins. Do they count? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
wesp5 wrote:
Karavolos wrote:

Childe of Malkav wrote:
So if Wesp speaks python language, he is a Setite. And that goes for Zer0 and me as well. Laughing

Whoa whoa whoa, them is fightin' words noobie. I ain't not gosh-darn Setite, I'm a Brujah damnit!!! Evil or Very Mad

lol!

And if you did happen to be Setite you'd be the warrior subtype. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Dragatus wrote:
And if you did happen to be Setite you'd be the warrior subtype. Wink

I guess I could handle that, I'd still have Potence which is all that matters anyways.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 5:49 pm

And if he were a Setite, he'd never admit it.
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:02 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

You could, but then everything with the same properties would sound similar. Like dropping swords would then sound like dropping a ring or whatever you turned the sound into. Changing the .phy file is simple and there are several options already, like metal, wood, plastic and more...
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

I did some thinking about Pisha's items being hidden and I came up with something I think everyone will agree with. I made both Fetish items require an Inspection of 4 to be seen. Just a flat 4, nothing else. When you talk to Pisha and your Inspection is level 3 or lower, your response will be "I'm not very good at finding things, but if I do, I'll bring it by." If your Inspection is 4 or higher, your response will be replaced with "If I find it, I'll bring it by."

How does that sound? Fair enough right?
Back to top Go down
Griff
Ancillae
Ancillae
Griff

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
I did some thinking about Pisha's items being hidden and I came up with something I think everyone will agree with. I made both Fetish items require an Inspection of 4 to be seen. Just a flat 4, nothing else. When you talk to Pisha and your Inspection is level 3 or lower, your response will be "I'm not very good at finding things, but if I do, I'll bring it by." If your Inspection is 4 or higher, your response will be replaced with "If I find it, I'll bring it by."

Totally. 4 inspection is easy enough to fit in most builds before even leaving santa monica.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

And again, on the "are the item positions able to be randomize" topic, is it possible? That would be very cool and anti-playthroug (and P&P!)
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:04 pm

I would say maybe even 5. You can spend the extra XP for an occult item if you have to. As long as it's not 7-8 or above, it's okay in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:39 pm

Cretino wrote:

And again, on the "are the item positions able to be randomize" topic, is it possible? That would be very cool and anti-playthroug (and P&P!)
Should be easy enough. I think 4 or 5 places for each item are possible. Scripting is easy, and we can even have a hint to the location on the museum computer, and change it accordingly.
Then I'd say for the museum talisman: 5 inspection without referring to the computer, and if you read the mail "I put it in this lab." "It's in the office now"... it will be unhidden when you have 3.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:04 pm

It was for every item he hid, so would need to search. But you said it's possible, then it is!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 12:29 am

As far as randomizing the locations, yes that's possible, and not really something I'm interested in doing right now. Malkav and I talked about it a few years ago and it was messy in my mind so I stuck with static locations.

If I ever run out of ideas for TFN and just HAVE to mod something, then I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4   Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Inspection system and a new Auspex for 1.4
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Post Your Reviews and Ideas-
Jump to: