Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos

Go down 
+3
YamiRaziel
Eliza
Aron Times
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos Empty
PostSubject: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:35 am

Just got some automated copyright claims on my Let's Play videos:

Saliva - Beg
Staind - Falling
The Birthday Massacre - Blue

For TFN 1.4, can you add a way to turn off or lower music volume independently of game volume? I know that bgmvolume is supposed to work for background music, but from the tests I did, volume controls all sound, while bgmvolume doesn't work at all. Having these copyrighted songs in the mod will hurt its promotion on YouTube.

Fortunately, I was able to use YouTube's built-in music removal tool to remove these songs, but this will be a pain in the future.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 am

Maybe you could try replacing the songs? I'm not part of the code wizard brigade, but if you replace them with stuff you know is copyright-free (check out freepd.com and incompetech.com/music for public domain music) that should circumvent the copyrights issues. Finding something that fits the mood well, though, is a wholly different thing.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 am

Eliza, they muted my Stream on Twitch from yesterday night. At least a 30 minute part because of Isolated by Chiasm.
I sent them a mail today and we will see whether they'll unmute it.

It's a song licensed by the game owners (whoever they might be... CCP Games I guess?)

If they unmute, I'll tell you Aron so that you can at least put the original music back in. No music can match the original one anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:54 am

I had feared as much. That happens quite often, especially when I watch somebody who plays a game like WoW with a youtube playlist in the background. These streams are always muted when you go back to rewatch them, which is hella annoying. (Sometimes they mute a WoW playlist that is overlayed on a WoW game. Wth, twitch? Suspect )
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:25 am

After a lot of digging it turns out that Twitch has teamed up with Audible Magic, which is a music database. Each video is checked against their system on 30 minute blocks and if they detect a song from their database they mute the video. Sometimes mistakes happen as I believe in my case, because Isolated by Chiasm should've been licensed by Troika/Activision/CCP (whoever owns the damn rights), therefore playing the music should be considered part of the game. I hope they'll unmute it.

Do you know by any chance who owns the rights to Bloodlines and Redemption?
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:35 pm

I heard about a case wehre a League of Legends player's stream got muted because of the in-game music.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Yes, good for OSA, they are right, they are always right, you havent paid OSA the artist, you need to pay for every note used!
Back to top Go down
ToddEvf
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:13 pm

Thankfully twitch has gotten better with the muting. Only 15 min blocks. As someone who streams VTMB a lot, if you only use around 75% audio on the in-game slider you will typically not get muted.

YouTube is a different story. As long as you yourself don't monetize you get a copyright claim but your video won't be taken down. It didn't matter how low the audio is, YouTube and it's Content ID will catch it.

If you are exhibiting anything, you do need to have music and such cleared to prevent these claims. It didn't matter who the current rights holder of the game is, you still would need to clear it with the artists featured.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Good to know Todd, thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
ToddEvf
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:26 pm

No problem. Had to be of service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos   Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Copyright Claims on my Let's Play Videos
Page 1 of 1