Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project dogmat ?

Go down 
+14
V_Delacroix
ThePhilosopher
wesp5
LG_Xenith
AiryKai
Eliza
MxM
Cretino
Zer0Morph
Childe of Malkav
malak
Claudia
YamiRaziel
eye of the divine
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:05 pm

That's a "dogma" Feral Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Well, according to a quick google search, 'dogmat' is the Polish word for 'dogma'. But if it's a Russian site, I don't see the connection to using Polish. scratch
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Because Polish uses the latin alphabet but Russian doesn't, maybe Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 pm

But you can spell Russian words using the Latin alphabet, can't you? Except for certain characters, of course. Languages that don't use the Latin alphabet aren't really my area of expertise, I'll admit. Maybe I should change that. study Gotta hit the books for this one.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 pm

Maybe a dogmat is what the developers sleep on while in development? Kind of like a punishment or motivation to finish the project. Once released, they get to sleep in a normal human bed? I dunno, just a thought. scratch
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Brujah can't have thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 pm

Claudia wrote:
Brujah can't have thoughts.

Callate tu boca! Razz
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 9:28 pm

I see. Dogma is just like Feral said. It's like a CREED. I just found extremely odd because it had a T in the end, so I pronounced it different thatn I normally would, and it also sounded different in portuguese.
Back to top Go down
AiryKai
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:53 am

It's 'Dogma'. In Russian, this word is borrowed from the Greek. So use the letter T. However, in Russia, use both pronunciations.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 am

We use the word in French too tho we spell it dogme, it's true composed nouns or adjectives do have the T to it.

(Dogmatique for instance)

Word nerds unite !
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 2:57 am

What's wrong with you people!?!? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:08 am

It's a mute T.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 5:21 am

So numbed by all the cool stuff that missed that we rather discuss a silent 't' in azbuka?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

Zer0Morph wrote:
Maybe a dogmat is what the developers sleep on while in development? Kind of like a punishment or motivation to finish the project. Once released, they get to sleep in a normal human bed? I dunno, just a thought. scratch

Why? Sleeping on the floor is quite comfy...

As for wordplays, why not? Free XP for Inteligence I say...
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:48 am

Claudia wrote:
We use the word in French too tho we spell it dogme, it's true composed nouns or adjectives do have the T to it.

(Dogmatique for instance)

Word nerds unite !

In German, it's called 'Dogma', but the adjective 'dogmatisch' also has a t in it. Curiously, the plural is 'Dogmen'. Woof, woof. (Why is there a cat emote, but no dog emote? Damn you, forum.)
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 9:09 am

Eliza wrote:

(Why is there a cat emote, but no dog emote? Damn you, forum.)

It is popullary called discrimination. Wrongly, actually, as to discriminate means to make a distinction. From Late Latin discriminationem (nominative discriminatio), noun of action from past participle stem of discriminare. Especially in a prejudicial way, based on race, 1866, American English. Meaning "discernment" is from 1814.

Nerds of all countries unite! Comerade Feral will guide you to dinner..., er, better future!
Back to top Go down
LG_Xenith
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:50 pm

The "T" is silent. As stated before, it's pronounced Dogma in English. Also, I saw something mentioned about the site being in Russian or not fully in English--something to that affect. They recently hired on a North America Community Manager, Regent and an additional 3D Modeler who apparently has to put disclaimers on his work because it's so badass. Their Community Manager guy is all over the place with the community and currently heads their FB and @ProjectDogmatNA Twitter account. Since he started taking the reigns for the NA side, A LOT of things have been happening lately from new feature announcements, contests, the English website is being overhauled tomorrow with correct English grammar, etc. Also since he took over their FB account, he mentioned it went up in traffic, Likes, etc by like 833% in two weeks compared to what it has been since it was created. I think that's awesome and their recent update today regarding there new contest has me going nuts (in a good way).

Also, if anyone asks why the "T" was left on the title for English audiences when it's pronounced "Dogma" go ask the NA CM on their FB page lol.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:35 am

The KS for this will launch in a couple of weeks. The "Russian KS" has met its goals.
Back to top Go down
LG_Xenith
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 9:07 am

Claudia wrote:
The KS for this will launch in a couple of weeks. The "Russian KS" has met its goals.

The NA KS will be launching in a couple of months. I'd say around 3-4 from now Wink
Back to top Go down
wesp5
Ancillae
Ancillae
wesp5

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Claudia wrote:

Maybe I am stupid, but what is a KS?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Kickstarter.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Apparently the forum swallowed up my earlier answer ( I blame Kara), so i'm reposting.

Zer0Morph wrote:
Bad news is that content is coming out very slowly that it will still be several years until we have something playable.

Isn't like that with EVERYTHING vampire related? "Theres something amazing on the horizon. If you're still alive in 50 years you might get to play the closed beta". And then it's absolutely dissapointing, like Antitribu mod or WoD MMO.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:48 pm

I take no credit.
That said, as Philo says there is no point in hyping over something and I stopped allowing myself to hype over anything after the WoDMMO got cancelled. Dogmat shall be no exception.
Back to top Go down
LG_Xenith
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Well the reality is they've done more in a year than CCP did with WoD in 5yrs
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 11:17 pm

Nonetheless, if they make a good product at the end I'll praise the fuck out of them. But until I see said great product and have it in my hand I won't allow myself any manner of hype over it to avoid the risk of getting disappointed yet again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project dogmat ?    Project dogmat ?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Project dogmat ?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next