Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows 10 issues

Go down 
+3
Childe of Malkav
Feral
Zer0Morph
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 pm

Someone reported a month ago on our ModDB page that after upgrading to Windows 10 and downloading a fresh copy from Steam, Bloodlines would crash when beginning a new game. He then re-downloaded a fresh Steam version, backed up the vampire.dll file, then installed TFN 1.3 and 1.3.1 over it, then overwrote the vampire.dll file that came with Steam, and that fixed his issue.

Does anyone have a copy of the .dll files used from the Steam version? I don't have a Steam copy of Bloodlines, only the retail CDs version. If so, I can create a hotfix for Windows 10/Steam players. Also, do Windows 10 retail CD players need a special .dll also? Can anyone verify this?
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:47 am

I keep VTMB out of Steam. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Zer0, the easiest way to get the dll is by downloading Wesp's patch. But afaik, once you have upgraded to the mod launcher, you no longer need to worry about this.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Feral wrote:
I keep VTMB out of Steam. Sorry.

Same here!

Childe wrote:
Zer0, the easiest way to get the dll is by downloading Wesp's patch. But afaik, once you have upgraded to the mod launcher, you no longer need to worry about this.

I still haven't even checked out the mod launcher or know what it's about, or what I need to do to implement it into TFN. Should I download Wesp's latest patch and use his vampire.dll file for TFN 1.4?
Back to top Go down
ToddEvf
Ancillae
Ancillae

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 am

Even finding out that the vampire.dll from steam copy fixes the TFN for windows 10 is awesome. I can't wait to get this working, i seriously miss being able to play TFN and CE, especially for my viewers.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 pm

ToddEvf wrote:
Even finding out that the vampire.dll from steam copy fixes the TFN for windows 10 is awesome. I can't wait to get this working, i seriously miss being able to play TFN and CE, especially for my viewers.

Todd,

I spoke with Wesp yesterday and he told me the vampire.dll file isn't the problem for Windows 10 after all. Here's what he posted to me.

First about the Windows 10 issues. This is not connected to vampire.dll, but to MS disabling SafeDisk copy protection on W10 and now also on 7 and 8. The only solution I know is to use a vampire.exe without this protecton and the latest UP 9.4 has one which you are free to use. Just install the patch into an empty folder and get it!

I would download Wesp's Unofficial Patch 9.4 and get the vampire.exe file and use that. Apparently it's a .exe file that doesn't check if the disk is in the drive, like a no-CD crack, so use that and report back here if it worked. I tried to download 9.4 last night at home and it was going to take 14 hours so I canceled it. If it DOES work for you, then I will package the .exe file into TFN 1.4.

Lastly, if you plan on doing a Let's Play of CE or TFN, please let us know here so we can advertise it so more people will watch you! It helps you and it helps us get the word out about our mods! GL!
Back to top Go down
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Hello, posting here to report that copying Vampire.exe from UP 9.4 into TFN 1.3.1 doesn't work for me. I know that it works for a lot of people, so it probably depends on your system or maybe even what version of Windows 10 you're running.

I wanted to get back to my Let's Play of TFN, but have had to make do with UP 9.4+ instead. Two videos up right now; working on the third one (second video stops at where Mercurio tells me to talk to Therese).
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Aren't you supposed to use the UP 9.4 BEFORE installing TFN?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:10 pm

Aron Times wrote:
Hello, posting here to report that copying Vampire.exe from UP 9.4 into TFN 1.3.1 doesn't work for me. I know that it works for a lot of people, so it probably depends on your system or maybe even what version of Windows 10 you're running.

I wanted to get back to my Let's Play of TFN, but have had to make do with UP 9.4+ instead. Two videos up right now; working on the third one (second video stops at where Mercurio tells me to talk to Therese).
When you have the patch installed and running, try my suggestions for using TFN with the mod loader.

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2318-how-to-use-tfn-with-the-mod-loader
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Eliza

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Cretino wrote:

No, no, no, never mix UP, TFN and CE in any way, especially not for the same game installation. That will break stuff. Lots of it. They are not compatible with each other. Nor are Clan Quest Mod or Companion Mod, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Aron Times
Fledgling
Fledgling
Aron Times

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Aron Times wrote:

When you have the patch installed and running, try my suggestions for using TFN with the mod loader.

https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2318-how-to-use-tfn-with-the-mod-loader
This worked for me. The game worked without a hitch until I got to the part where I free Lily. After she runs off to reunite with E, my character gets stuck in the doorway, unable to talk to Vandal and thus unable to continue the game. Activating noclip does nothing, as I still get stuck, even if I activate it before my character starts walking.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 8:34 am

I'm not sure if it is possible to exit a stuck cutscene. If the preoblem is persistent, try this:
open /python/snatamonica/santamonica.py with a text editor, search for the function def lilyDialog():, set a # at the beginning of the line sequence.BeginSequence().
That should prevent the cutscene from happening. But then you probably have to talk to Vandal in his booth to settle the issue of buying blood.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Cretino wrote:

No, and you know this already. Never use anything but TFN including the UPs.
Back to top Go down

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 7:31 am

Hi guys, I've just finished a playthrough with UP9.4 and wanted to try TFN, but I can't seem to make it work.
So here's my info so far:
-I'm running windows 10
-I've got the retail version, which only works if I install the UP over it.
-I tried installing TFN over a clean VMTB, it didn't work, and it kind of behaved like when I tried running the vanilla game without the UP. Compatibility modes and that kind of stuff doesn't work.
-I also tried installing TFN over the UP (which I know isn't good), but at least this time the game starts to run, even if eventually it crashes before the menu.

=I want to try this now: I've installed the vanilla retail game, and I've unpacked/installed both the UP9.4 and TFN 1.3 + 1.3.1 in separate empty folders, and I want to just copy/paste the necessary files in the right place. Only problem is: I don't know which files I'm supposed to copy and where exactly...Could anyone help?
=Also I've read that wesp's .exe is everything you need from the UP if you want to run TFN on windows 10? Did I get that wrong, cuz it doesn't sound right? I'm going to try it anyway and also try changing the shortcut's target to -game tfn.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 11:59 am

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 1:15 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Here's all the info you need: https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2318-how-to-use-tfn-with-the-mod-loader

Thank you so much. I actually did almost the same thing, after doing some digging about the mod loader. I decided to try CE and CQM first, see how it goes...and CQM has an installer and did everything automatically, but I noticed it did the exact same things as you described...so it actually works now. Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 2:31 pm

makhel wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Here's all the info you need: https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2318-how-to-use-tfn-with-the-mod-loader

Thank you so much. I actually did almost the same thing, after doing some digging about the mod loader. I decided to try CE and CQM first, see how it goes...and CQM has an installer and did everything automatically, but I noticed it did the exact same things as you described...so it actually works now. Cheers Smile

I have some good news regarding these issues. Last night I officially merged the .dll files from the UP 9.4 patch along with the DRM free .exe file into 1.4 and it works like a charm on my PC. I'm really excited about that because I think this will fix MANY of the TFN related issues to New Game crashes and Steam problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows 10 issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows 10 issues   Windows 10 issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 10 issues
Page 1 of 1