Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you get CE to work??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

How do you get CE to work?? Empty
PostSubject: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

I'm not really sur how to install CE 1.2. I downloaded it and I re-installed VTMB. I'm really not sure EXACTLY what to do next. Could someone please help me. confused
I read the manual that came with the CE download thingy and it said that if you have Windows 7 you should just install it over your game or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, that's exactly that. You just need to open the Exe and follow the instructions.
But first you need to install the game. Then you install the .exe wherever you installed the game (for me, it's C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines because I have the retail version), then you just use your bloodlines .exe (you know, the one you clic on to play the game, the shortcut..) and you play Wink
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

I'm not sure about the directories in Win7. But the bloodlines main directory should be something like "program-files\activision\vampire-bloodlines"

Start your CE installer, and when it prompts for the installation path, click on the button with the three dots. Then browse through the displayed options until you find the bloodlines directory.

If you don't have an english version of windows, it is not program-files, but something like it in your language.

Hope this helps you
- geek
Back to top Go down
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:51 pm

OKAY!! I kinda get it now. When I was downloading it the program said that it would be saving in Program Files/Activision/ Vampire-Bloodlines. Then it said that if I didn't have it, it would make one for me. And after that I just finished the installation.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:08 pm

That means your game is not installed in the same place Wink
You need to install the patch where you installed the game.
"C:\Program Files\Activision\Vampire - Bloodlines" is where the retail CD installs the game by default (=unless you tell him otherwise).
Back to top Go down
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Surprised AHH!! Finally~ thax alot! I saved it in the same folder as the original game and when I started the game again it worked. YAY!!~ cheers
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:45 pm

A mod is exactly like a patch. It has to change some of the original files of the original game to change it (language patch is changing all text present in a game, but if you do not install the patch in the same folder, the gam will not be able to use the chanegd files, right ?) Smile

Have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:40 pm

Are there any other mods that I have to install with it? Or is that it?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:43 am

As I recall, you only need the .exe of CE 1.3 (it already takes account of official and non official patches to fix known bugs).
So yep, that's it Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:59 am

Alesadora,

Congrats on getting it installed, I'm sure you will have a super fun time with it! CE 1.1 and all later versions are stand alone mods so you don't need to install anything else to make it work properly. CE 1.0 needed UP 5.9 to work right but we fixed that in CE 1.1 so you should be good to go.

Have fun playing! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:07 pm

OMGosh!! affraid How come I dnt have anyblodd dolls or anything like it said. For somereason I have the whole Companion mod thing goin on and he skins and everything, but none of the other stuff like the disciplines and everything. I uninstalled the CE 1.2 and installed CE 1.3, but it's still the same. What am I doing wrong?? Crying or Very sad
Oh! BTW I bought my game online at Gamestop and downloaded it so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I thought it might be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:58 am

CE isn't compatible with any other mods, especially companion mod. You will want to blast away your game and start over using just CE if you want to play it.

Burgermeister made CQM 2.0 include CE 1.2, but it doesn't sound like you installed that, either way if you install CE you shouldn't install anything else with it.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Okay I'll try that. I had comp mod before but I thought I took all that off. Guess not. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:16 pm

You cannot uninstall patches and mods, because of the overwritting.
You have to unistall the game and install it again, then install the mod/patches over that new clean install.
Back to top Go down
Alesadora
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 2:46 pm

OK! Laughing
Will do!~ Thanks guys!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you get CE to work??   How do you get CE to work?? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you get CE to work??
Page 1 of 1