Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seduction isn't working right

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeivar
Fledgling
Fledgling

Seduction isn't working right Empty
PostSubject: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 6:08 pm

I started playing Camarilla Edition yesterday, after a friend helped me install it. For the most part it plays fine, but I've cranked my seduction up to seven, and I still can't charm the blood dolls. It does work on the other NPCs. Just not the club dolls. And when I try to talk to a prostitute, it just leads to me getting stuck with nothing to choose except:

1: "..."

And the streetwalker replying with

"..."

In an endless loop.

What to do?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 8:23 am

Hm, sounds like something went wrong with the installation.
How, exactly, did you install?
Back to top Go down
Jeivar
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 4:09 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hm, sounds like something went wrong with the installation.
How, exactly, did you install?

Oof. As I said, I had a friend do it, because there were some complications, and when I asked him he said he couldn't really sum it all up. I was hoping this was a known issue.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 10:43 am

Jeivar wrote:
 he said he couldn't really sum it all up.

Almost assuredly it was installed wrong then.

Try a fresh install of VtM:B (and verify it plays).
Then run the installer of CE over that.

If you get any problems with either of those, let us know, and tell us as specifically as you can what the issue is.

Also, what version of Bloodlines do you have? I don't mean 1.xx, I mean Steam, GoG, disk, etc. Steam and GoG tend to cause minor issues that we have (mostly) figured out.
Back to top Go down
Jeivar
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 11:13 am

malak wrote:
Jeivar wrote:
 he said he couldn't really sum it all up.

Try a fresh install of VtM:B (and verify it plays).
Then run the installer of CE over that.

If you get any problems with either of those, let us know, and tell us as specifically as you can what the issue is.

Also, what version of Bloodlines do you have? I don't mean 1.xx, I mean Steam, GoG, disk, etc. Steam and GoG tend to cause minor issues that we have (mostly) figured out.

I'm using the Steam version.

I have a couple of technical questions, if you don't mind: Can I copy my saves and put them back in after re-installing? And where am I supposed to place the mod files? The file marked "Bin"?

I appreciate the responses.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 12:58 pm

Jeivar wrote:

I have a couple of technical questions, if you don't mind: Can I copy my saves and put them back in after re-installing?
I appreciate the responses.

Defimetely not. Saves do not contain modified map data, so old save and new install mesh very badly.
As for the placement of the files in Steam, I do not know.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 10:58 pm

General rule 1 of modding Steam: move the game files out of the Steam folder. Steams auto-update likes to force-fix mods for a lot of games, and tends to break them when it does.
In terms of installing the mod (which I haven't done in a while), I think I always just copied into the root folder and allowed Explorer to make sense of it, overwriting when needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seduction isn't working right   Seduction isn't working right Empty

Back to top Go down

Seduction isn't working right
Page 1 of 1