Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Freija
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freija

How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration Empty
PostSubject: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 5:56 am

Hey everyone! I ' m new to this forum but this game I ' ve played it since it appeared bout 10 years ago or so. I ' ve beat it in numerous ways and with different clans from the anarch brujah, to the tremere manipulator, to the malkavian psycho rebel etc. I almost know it by heart, but I started to play it again because of the mods and new features that have been introduced, they ' re really eye candy. So, what I ' m trying to achieve now is a super overpowered vampire goddess kicking everyone ' s ass and looking dramatic doing so ( you guessed, with ranged disciplines ). Now, I already figured how to change the cool down and blood cost of the ranged disciplines and presence, but I would also like to know how to change the duration of auspex and obfuscate. Oh, and I ' d like to change the blood pool. Can you please tell me how to do that? I tried doing so by modding the cland doc blood pool entry for player_tremere, but it didn ' t work, still same pool and blood loss due to over feeding. Now, I know I can remove the blood cost of those disciplines, but I ' d like some realism, role play a vampire that, for example diablerized an elder with theft of blood or something. Besides, blood magic without blood cost would be so unrealistic. And also, the blood loss feature. I would prefer to fill my blood pool by hunting a large number of people once in a single night, then know I ' m set for the rest of the night ( a few hours until the next big quest comes ), prepared for the blood loss and the disciplines. Is there a way to do that?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 6:15 am

Welcome to the forum, Freija!

I am no modder, and unfortunately both of our resident modders are currently in Torpor, but I am sure I have seen your questions answered eithet in Modding Tips or Game Mechanics sections. I am at work so I can't browse those, but I am sure you would find what you are looking for there.
Back to top Go down
Freija
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freija

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 1:06 pm

Feral wrote:
Welcome to the forum, Freija!

I am no modder, and unfortunately both of our resident modders are currently in Torpor, but I am sure I have seen your questions answered eithet in Modding Tips or Game Mechanics sections. I am at work so I can't browse those, but I am sure you would find what you are looking for there.
Yes, I found this thread https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t2060-blood-o-meter-generation-blood-heal?highlight=blood+pool+change , but I can ' t understand exactly what they ' re saying, there is an entry in clan doc for each playable clan where the character ' s generation is set to 10. Now, I tried to tweak with that and it didn ' t change anything. After that I tweaked with some blood pool max and I think also default in the stats document and set something there to 206, I can ' t remember though if it was only max or default ( I ' m not sure if default is the blood amount with which you start off after the intro, but I think I saw it suggested so ). Anyway I tweaked with those and with the clan generation and then i tried starting a new game and the blood pool looked almost empty. I thought I hit it, having 8 blood points in a pool of 30, or 60 or 120 etc looks almost empty. But then, when Jack was about to greet me the game froze, and it did that no matter how many times I tried to restart. I tired tweaking with the 2 documents again lowering the blood pool as much as possible with the same effects. Then I figured I changed to much to revert it to original, so I over wrote the backup stats document on top of the changed one. Then I tried changing only the max value and the generation, and same shit. If I over feed the blood matter goes over the frame, then comes back to original 15 value, plus it counts as blood loss and decreases my health. It ' s a shame the modders are unavailable anymore. And I suppose I can not could contact the devs either since troika doesn ' t exist anymore, right? I don ' t know, it ' s so frustrating, I mean I could surely make the disciplines cost 0 blood ( fortunately I found a helpful thread on that, the passive disciplines are also in stats document ), but, I mean, come on. If I don ' t spend any blood and the blood I lose due to blood loss is somehow insignificant, but also somewhat of a thorn because if you have only 1 point of blood or no blood you can frenzy and some disciplines may not work at 0 blood even if they cost 0, then why am a vampire anymore. Isn ' t there any work around this short of using cheats or buying ungodly amounts of blood bags ( which isn ' t really that affordable )? I would prefer not having to use weapons much if at all, but mostly focus on magic, but in some cases it ' s impossible. In the masion for example when you ' re fighting Andrei and his creations, blood theft and blood strike doesn ' t allow you to drain any blood from wither of them, and if you use it you simply wasted your blood even more as blood theft didn ' t even seem to damage them, and blood strike does not return any blood.
Back to top Go down
Freija
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freija

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Ah, nevermind, I figured it out. it was that pesky vamputil document. It had a script to induce blood loss if over feeding and it was set to 15. I ' ve set it to 74, and made myself generation 6 ( and set their blood pool at 74 as well ), and now it ' s working. Beware the blood mage.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptyFri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Nice to hear you figured it out! Sadly, I am no modder...
Back to top Go down
Freija
Fledgling
Fledgling
Freija

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 am

Thank you. I ' m not really a modder either, I just tweak and play a bit with single player games to change what I know how to and it ' s quite do - able with amateur tools and knowledge, I could say I have a side passion for messing with the game limitations. Still, I discovered even the vanilla tremere has an almost safe bet for winning almost any fight ( except for sheriff ) with maxed out melee, 4 points in strength or blood buff activated and that talisman from the reagent. It ' s blood purge ( a stun that is not so expensive, followed by 2 blows from a melee weapon, then get close to the enemy before they recover and repeat ). Works like a charm and doesn ' t really empty the blood pool before killing the boss. Or alternatively blood purge and blood strike when the blood strike does actually recover blood from the enemy ( with some enemies it does, with others it doesn ' t seem to ). Now talking about the modders being in torpor, well, you don ' t think that we could ... no the camarilla forbids it, but still, gaining all that knowledge from having a drink sounds tempting, like the forbidden fruit. I mean if we ' re cainintes, that makes us also descendants of Adam and Eve, the reason I also changed the right eye of my tremere character to cataract eye ( symbol of Odin ' s knowledge ) and the left eye to a serpent eye, symbol of wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration EmptySun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 am

Absolutely no Diablerie before 8 p. m! It is against forum rules! lol!

Gaining that sort of knowelege takes a lot of effort...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration   How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration Empty

Back to top Go down

How to increase the blood pool and modify passive discipline duration
Page 1 of 1