Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When they are so wrong they're right

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

When they are so wrong they're right Empty
PostSubject: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 pm

I love my players, I really do. Sometimes though, they are just plain idiotic.

They have decided that my Prince of Galveston (Carlos de la Garza, whose clan has never been stated but is a Brujah) and the Malkavian Primogen (Rosa María Hinojosa de Ballí) are both Ventrue. They have decided to try to find a way to trap and blackmail these two for boons.

This'll be great. I can't wait to have the Harpies spit milk out their noses when word of this gets out.

Please note, I haven't read any WW books that even touch Texas, so in my WoD Galveston functions as the southernmost toehold of the Camarilla (and that mostly because Prince Carlos de la Garza is more stubborn than a ghouled burro), with Houston proper being fully entrenched Sabbat. I typically leave WWs metaplot characters at the window.

Last edited by malak on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Siren is not interchangeable with Harpy.)
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:20 am

Will be fun to hear how that goes. Do share when the time comes. Also not sure if Texas has been touched upon directly by WW in any significant manner, but they always do advocate "toss anything you don't like out the window" so hey! You're far from the only one who homebrew like a motherfucker for your games.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 7:50 am

To mistake a Brujah for a Ventrue...? Harpies will choke nightly for a decade...
And who in a sound mind tries to blackmail a Malkavian, nevermind mistake one for a Ventrue? OK, Ventrue with a serious Derangement, perhaps... But she is an official Malkavian Primogen, no?

I am not aware of either Huston or Galcveston source material, either.

Feel entitled to make your players feel like a young teen whose mother found his underbed storage of cum socks... lol!
Oh my...
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyThu Jul 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Feral wrote:
To mistake a Brujah for a Ventrue...? Harpies will choke nightly for a decade...
And who in a sound mind tries to blackmail a Malkavian, nevermind mistake one for a Ventrue? OK, Ventrue with a serious Derangement, perhaps... But she is an official Malkavian Primogen, no?

I am not aware of either Huston or Galcveston source material, either.

Feel entitled to make your players feel like a young teen whose mother found his underbed storage of cum socks... lol!
Oh my...

Yeah, she has been the official Kook Primogen since 1900. She, like most of my Malkavians, are on that border of "maybe they are on to something" style insanity. I have a few truly broken minds, but in my WoD Malks who can't function don't survive, and those who can't play political games certainly don't hold political positions. She does display the prey exclusion flaw, and openly forbids any of her clan from harming the few remaining "pure-blood" Tejano remaining, but that's a bit of a leap to accuse a Malk of being a Ventrue. Especially one with the desensitization derangement.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 5:40 am

A Malkavian in a position of power and with feeding restriction could be taken for a Ventrue, if no further investigation is performed... But a Brujah...?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Perhaps they were fooled by the stereotype of princes being Ventrue? Plus the two have Presence in common.
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptyFri Jul 14, 2017 10:22 pm

Feral wrote:
A Malkavian in a position of power and with feeding restriction could be taken for a Ventrue, if no further investigation is performed... But a Brujah...?
If I hadn't made her clan clear by making her the Primogen, I could buy it. But I figure after the Tremere and Nossies, the Kooks are the least likely clan to have a fake as their Primogen. It'd be like the Rosenhan experiment, but across centuries.

Dragatus wrote:
Perhaps they were fooled by the stereotype of princes being Ventrue? Plus the two have Presence in common.

Likely. If it was only this one, I could have passed it off. I don't make a point of revealing too many of my kindreds clans. It is very rarely that big of a part of a given character.

Nossies, Fiends, and some Gangrel are obvious, and I allow a few of my Torries to be stereotypical. Most of my Anarchs are Brujah. Tremere inside the pyramid are fairly easy to identify, given that they spend one night a week locked in the chantry. Caitiff are ridiculed, so they get labelled socially fairly easily, but a number of my Caitiff actually have a clan (by blood, just not status). Other than that I think only those Kindred with about six ranks in the "society" backgrounds have their clan membership just given to the players.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 am

In this case, your players really need their cum socks found for jumping to conclusions...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When they are so wrong they're right   When they are so wrong they're right Empty

Back to top Go down

When they are so wrong they're right
Page 1 of 1