Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ProgressiveManagement

Go down 
+3
Karavolos
Cretino
malak
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

ProgressiveManagement Empty
PostSubject: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 10:59 am

ProgressiveManagement ARj7VpG_700b

"maxvanpower182 points · 16h
I'm too late to be the captain but the post is only hate stirring and misleading with no background whatsoever.
1. Mr. Astl (a true local hero) identified a problem with an unsafe downhill road where several elderly people were injured over the last years.
2. He approached an official and proposed to build the stairs
3. The lazy official fendet him off saying it would cost 65,000-150,000 dollar. Nobody wanted to build the staires for that money. The exaggerated quote was used as an argument not to do it. The problem was not corruption but apperently lazyness
4. But the lazy Councillor grossly underestimated Mr. Astl. He did not take this idiocy and build stairs within 12 hours only with help of a homeless person, although he is himself already 73 years old. This made headlines worldwide.
5. Now that the press was on it, the cause became suddenly top priority and the city built the stairs quickly for about 10,000$ (still expensive).
6. Mr. Astl is happy now and reached his goal"

How to force lazy officials to work.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyWed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I don't even..
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 3:22 am

What I don't quite understand is why the city spent the 10.000$ on stairs if they could've simply let the wooden stairs stay. Or if they had to build their own stairs, why make it so expensive? Something tells me there as still corruption involved.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 4:19 am

To say the least. Neutral
Back to top Go down
malak
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
malak

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 4:49 pm

If this is in my country, then the wooden stairs clearly do not meet ADA requirements, and so legally must be replaced unless they had been built prior to 1990 AND presented only minimal risk of injury to the general populace. These are too new for the grandfather clause, so had to be removed.

The final price is still too high, even after you account for the supervisor being supervised and inspected by the inspectors supervisor and paperwork.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 17, 2017 5:27 pm

In a nutshell, how to build less with huge delays and for exorbitant price, only for it to fall apart after a week... Bureaucracy.

You know, I work in a building that remembers Habsburg rule over Breslau (c. first decades of 18th century). it is in better shape and more functional than new department building funded by the EU. Pipes and electric grid fail much rarer, too. It is also cheaper to upkeep, as due to thick walls air conditioning is not required and heating is mostly redundant by now. Ah, it doesn't have massive fungus in the walls, too. Yup...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 8:51 am

This got me off guard:

ProgressiveManagement AgYmNzn_700b
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 4:40 pm

I don't get it? How is that a violation?
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 5:15 pm

I think that's the point.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyThu Aug 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Dragatus wrote:
I think that's the point.

I am afraid so...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

And now this...

They just should vote no each time shit like that happens. Then shit like that would stop happening real fast.

ProgressiveManagement AL8EBnA_700b
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:18 pm

Politics is so unbelievably dirty it hurts. Why can't people just be honest and not resort to all these dirty tricks? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Politics is so unbelievably dirty it hurts. Why can't people just be honest and not resort to all these dirty tricks? Neutral

Becouse using those tricks makes the rich richer...?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 1:09 pm

I guess I don't understand the necessity of greed. Nobody needs billions of dollars to survive.
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Politics is dirty because if you're a dirty politician you have a chnce to earn tens of millions to billions of dollars
If you're just a good politician you earn a salary.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:30 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
Politics is dirty because if you're a dirty politician you have a chnce to earn tens of millions to billions of dollars
If you're just a good politician you earn a salary.
A "good" politician in Brazil earns a lot with one salary. Which begs the question, does anyone need so much to live? Tens of millions to billions of dollars, really?
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 pm

He earns good salary, yes. But the costs of the campaign he had to do to get his position are often in the tens of hundreds to millions of reais. He cannot hope to recover that simply by his salary. And anyone who spent their money to get him there would want something in return, either in money or in favors or both.
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
He earns good salary, yes. But the costs of the campaign he had to do to get his position are often in the tens of hundreds to millions of reais. He cannot hope to recover that simply by his salary. And anyone who spent their money to get him there would want something in return, either in money or in favors or both.
Or not. Maybe he's from a small town, and got elected simply because he was the best of the two or three candidates (and they're all bad).
No need for huge campaigns, great salary, and after 8 years he gets to retire for life!
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 1:55 am

That's adorable.

Cretino, let me tell you a funny thing. No matter how much people have, most of them would still always like more. It's instinctive. And what is more than you can ever spend with your current lifestyle can suddenly be a lot less if you start living in more luxury.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 3:08 am

Must be I guess. I guess the notion of greed runs contra to my charitable personality, hence my trouble understanding the rationale. if I have more than I need I tend to tuck it away and if I have more still or I happen across someone who could use a hand I tend to give to them instead cuz what does it matter to me? I've got my bases covered. Of course I haven't lived the life of a millionaire or anything either so who knows how that might warp me?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 4:24 am

True power lies not in wealth, but in the things it affords you.

Power. All about power, and staying in power.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 am

Jad.3 wrote:
True power lies not in wealth, but in the things it affords you.

Power. All about power, and staying in power.

Max was right on this one, wasn't he?

I lean towards Kara and Cretino here. I need little to cover my expenses. On the other hand I would have a few ideas on how to use wealth to exert influence. Funnily enough, the end results would be also beneficial for my immidiete community...
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Must be I guess. I guess the notion of greed runs contra to my charitable personality, hence my trouble understanding the rationale. if I have more than I need I tend to tuck it away and if I have more still or I happen across someone who could use a hand I tend to give to them instead cuz what does it matter to me? I've got my bases covered. Of course I haven't lived the life of a millionaire or anything either so who knows how that might warp me?

I live by that philosophy/life sytle! It warms my heart to see that not only you but Feral share the same thoughts on this!
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyTue Dec 05, 2017 10:45 pm

Happy to warm your heart What a Face
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 am

Karavolos wrote:
Happy to warm your heart What a Face

Ditto. Not everyone has to be greed driven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ProgressiveManagement   ProgressiveManagement Empty

Back to top Go down

ProgressiveManagement
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: