Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music for CE

Go down 
+4
Subotai
Zer0Morph
8people
Childe of Malkav
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Hm, how do I start this topic? scratch
I don't want to upload licenced music any more. And what I've seen in the "music contest" for The Final Nights, the tastes are very different. To be honest, I'm glad I can mod the game and probably replace most of Zer0's choices. What was suggested there, just isn't my kind of music.

But I was rather successful today for getting a flexible, and hopefully easy to use, custom music system running. If further tests don't reveal any problems, it will be possible to add up to 10 songs for most of the places where music is played.
In most places the music will simply circle through the existing files, selecting the next one at your next visit to this place. In the three clubs that already have dj's (Asylum, Confession, Asp Hole) you will also have the option to ask for a new song anytime. Now the djs really speak, and you can only see the choices for which actual music files do exist.

In places like Glaze, where most people only go once or twice, there probably will be less options, but this is still to be seen. Sadly I haven't yet worked out, if it's possible to start a new song when one is finished, instead of the same song repeating. But if I can't find out, the djs will help, and perhaps I can setup something similar in other places as well.

If you have questions about this, ask. I'm always there to answer them Sleep

- geek
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 7:59 am

Sounds good to me. I'm in the same boat in the music taste department. Would like to play CE again as well, bloodlines was removed from my system at the previous uni audit because of the music issue.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:59 am

When I read the title of this thread, I was thinking you were holding your own music contest and I was all ready to call you a copy cat, LOLs!! cat *meow

I know you've been working on this for awhile and I'm excited to see the end product. *two thumbs up
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Ok, now it's Q & A time for the new custom music:

Q: Why do you only provide vanilla music with CE?
A: Tere are two reasons: First, I want to avoid copyright issues; Second, the tastes in music are yery different. I'm quite sure most of you wouldn't agree with the kind of music I'd chose.

Q: What happens if I don't install any music?
A: Then every bar and club will play the vanilla music.

Q: How do I install my music files?
A: In the bloodlines main folder you will find a subdirectory called "clubmusic"; copy your files in the form "clubname_#.mp3" into this directory. the # is a number from 1 to 10.

Q: Is there anything I have to keep in mind when creating music files for CE?
A: The mp3 files must not be created with windows media player. The media player adds some stuff to the files that will crash the game. What you can do however is extract tracks from an audio cd to wav format with the media player, and then convert the wav to mp3 with another program like the free "audacity" sound editing software.

Q: What if I create a file that crashes the game?
A: Then you have to reload another save file, and call the function resetmusic() from the console. And of course remove the troublesome file from the clubmusic folder.

Q: Can I keep the vanilla music in the selection if I enter my own files?
A: Yes of course. Do not install a "clubname_1.mp3" for any location where you want to keep the original music.

Q: Why 10 choices?
A: That is mostly a technical issue. While it would be no big deal to make even more songs available in the python functions, the DJ dialogs would become very large and inconvenient to handle. So I decided to compromise to 10, which is a rather large number of choices, while still not oversizing the .dlg files.

Q: So there are DJs for Asylum, Confession, and Asp Hole. What do the dialogs look like.
A: Basically the dj will ask what you want. Then you can end the dialog or scroll through the options, and select the song you want. If you get to the end of the list, it will start over again. And you only see the songs that are really there. When you chose a song, the dj will acknowledge your selection, and the dialog ends with the new song starting. Dialog default for the first song is the title of the vanilla music. For the other ones, default is only "music" and the number of the song.

Q: Can I change the dialog defaults?
A: Yes. In the clubmusic folder you will also find the dialog files. You can edit them, using a simple text editor like Notepad, or you can download the bloodlines dialog editor from Planet Vampire. http://planet-vampire.com/modules/files/view.php?id=485 CE takes care of copying the dialog files to the right place within the game folder structure.

Q: What is the folder "dj_backup" for?
A: It contains another copy of the three dj dialog files. So you can edit the files without worrying what happens if you mess something up.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 am

Ok. I think, this will be the final list for the custom music:

Asp Hole (dj): asp_
Asylum (dj): asylum_
Confession (dj): confesssion_

Beach (thinblood radio): beach_
Diner: diner_
Empire hotel stage: empire_
Glaze: glaze_
Glaze Combat Music: glazecombat.mp3 only one available
Last Round : round_
Lotus Blossom: lotus_
Vesuvius: vesuvius_
Warrens 5 (Gary): warren_

Hub Chinatown: chhub_
Hub Downtown LA: lahub_
Hub Hollywood: hwhub_
Hub Santa Monica: smhub_
(the pier can't get background music. it would interfere with the thinblood's radio)

Char editor: not yet implemented

- geek
Back to top Go down
Subotai
Fledgling
Fledgling
Subotai

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:23 am

Does the music have to be a particular Bit rate or something? I notice that my music plays slightly slower than it's supposed to. I left the Vanilla tracks in there and they play fine. On the up side, the slight reduction of speed seems to set the tone in a way....still, if I'm not using the right format or something I would like to know.
Back to top Go down
faerirose
Fledgling
Fledgling
faerirose

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Music Love   Music for CE EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't know if the CE 1.6 music is new to this release, but I really like it. I'm still playing the Beta version (as opposed to actual 1.6 release) and am in the Hotel. The creepy piano music and noises like a room is full of people in an empty room are pretty dang neat.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:35 pm

faerirose wrote:
I don't know if the CE 1.6 music is new to this release, but I really like it. I'm still playing the Beta version (as opposed to actual 1.6 release) and am in the Hotel. The creepy piano music and noises like a room is full of people in an empty room are pretty dang neat.
The new sounds in the Ocean House have been restored by Wesp for the patch. So the credits for that have to go to him, and Troika of course...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 am

It's a real shame they never let them finish vtmb.. i wanna win in the lottery, get the troika team back and pay them to make vtmb 2 so hard Sad If you see the list what was restored by wesp you see the hidden potential the game had if they would have gotten the time...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
It's a real shame they never let them finish vtmb.. i wanna win in the lottery, get the troika team back and pay them to make vtmb 2 so hard Sad If you see the list what was restored by wesp you see the hidden potential the game had if they would have gotten the time...

Best part is they lost the final version and what was sold was post-Beta.
So we can't even play what they actually did, only one version before. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am

I'd love to put some Buffy the vampire slayer/angel songs there, they would really fit Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music for CE Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music for CE   Music for CE Empty

Back to top Go down

Music for CE
Page 1 of 1