Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protean

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
safo
Fledgling
Fledgling
safo

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Protean   Protean EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi !

First of all, I just want to say that I am a big fan of the TC, you are doing an incredible job and i really can't wait to play TFN. I have been following any news and VTMB is hottly installed for the incoming week end.

Lacking some patience, I have just read again the features of TFN and something kept my attention:
"Protean warform has been changed to be more wolf-like (Thanks Raptor_Red)."

What does it mean ? Knowing that the old clan won't be in the mod and reading the brand new 7 clans disciplines, I do not see Protean anywhere. Does it mean that some NPC can use it ? Did you meant Serpentis with the morph skill based on Protean ?

Anyway, thank you very much for your work.

Best regards,
S
Back to top Go down
Nosferatu's Childe
Elder
Elder
Nosferatu's Childe

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:51 pm

The Followers Of Set apep's semblance discipline is much like protean.......only green
Back to top Go down
safo
Fledgling
Fledgling
safo

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Yeah ok, so it is what I thought first.

Thank you very much for your quick answer !
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Safo,
first of all, welcome to TCI!

To answer your questions, first Raptor Red's warform is a more wolflike model/skin for the protean warform.
And you're right, htere is no more protean for player characters, but there are some (city) gangrel among the npcs: Beckett and Skelter, but as you don't have to fight then, you won't see their warform. The serial killer is a city gangrel. As are the guys you meet in the hallowbrook hotel. And also the creatures the sheriff sends against you on the tower roof use the protean warform.
I haven't seen the most recent version yet, but I don't think Apep's semblance uses Raptor Reds model. As far as I know, it's just a new skin on the nearly unmodified warform model.

- geek
Back to top Go down
safo
Fledgling
Fledgling
safo

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome and for your answer Childe of Malkav !

Raptor red's name reminds me of something. Is he part of the optional thing that might be activated when installing the Camarilla Edition ? I will go check the read me :p
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:57 am

RR_DF_RaptorRed is a person (I believe female) on the Planet Vampire website who made the Gangrel warform look more 'wolfy' instead of 'batty'. I think it looks much better than the original, and others have agreed. She gave permission for the modders to use the skin in their mods. Not sure if she's done any other skins.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 2:11 pm

I think it's part of the optional stuff for the Clan Quest mod. But it's not (yet) part of CE. As Raptor has given permission to use this skin, I'll probably add it to the next version, though I'm not sure when it will be ready. I'm doing some things, but atm I don't spend much time on modding. And with the release of TFN at hand, it's probably better to wait a bit anyway.
But it should be easy to download it yourself from PV, and install it to your current game. Changing skins can usually be done without harm to the mod you're using, and can be done in a running game without the need to start over again.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protean Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protean   Protean Empty

Back to top Go down

Protean
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: