Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gimble mission...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Subotai
Fledgling
Fledgling
Subotai

The Gimble mission... Empty
PostSubject: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:21 pm

This isn't a bug (So I probably shouldn't post this here, but didn't know where else to put it.), but I noticed that during the gimble mission, when you go into the tattoo parlor, the phone rings. When I answer it the handset for the phone stays in my hand for a sec or two then goes back to the wall and my character still has his hand by his head. Now THAT may be a bug of some sort but thats not what I was wondering about. I was wondering how it is that Gimble knows to call at that time and why is he asking for McGee? Because when you find the bounty hunter, he says that Gimble's been taking parts off of them for three days. I can't be the only one that noticed this. Is there a reason you guys didn't fix this in v1.5? And by fix, I mean like either change it so the bounty hunter says something different or maybe something that explains why Gimble would have called looking for McGee when your at the parlor or something...Or no change at all, I mean it's not like it's a big deal or anything I just happened to be thinking on it...lack of sleep I think...

Edit by Childe of Malkav: Toopic moved here for discussion
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:25 am

For the telephone receiver: Thats a well known but as yet unsolved graphics bug. You will see this kind of thing again later on in the game with other phonecalls, and npcs using cellphones as well.

On your other question. My opinion is that Gimble calls there every so often. He knows that Mc Gee was hiding out there, and hopes to lure in other victims. People who are looking for Mc Gee, and now also people looking for Carson, who probably fell into the same trap. It's just plain logic for Gimble to call at the homes of his victims and ask about the missing person if someone happens to be there, looking for them. The strategy has worked on Carson, and on your character as well....

- geek
Back to top Go down
Subotai
Fledgling
Fledgling
Subotai

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:05 am

Makes sense...I guess I was to tired to realize that. Thanks. I guess I would have fell for that trap too! lol
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:54 am

Or he tried to make himself an alibi... McGee had formal appointment with him. Police might even have done the maths and came after him. So why not to leave false leads?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Hm, I don't know. An aliby, false leads, and then capture the bounty hunter who is on Mc Gee's track, instead of sending him off on some wild goose chase?

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Psychopatic serial killers tend to escalate. And they are mostly not into self-control.
Or maybe it would take dr Freud to make sense of Gimble. Or Grout lol! These two would end beaing good buddies. Gimble as a Cilde of Grout... or maybe Andriei? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Yep, I think Gimble would make the perfect Igor for Grout Twisted Evil
And he'd probably also get along very well with Vandal.

Another question on the topic of Gimble: Why are there stcks of boxes with "Gimble" written on the sides in the storage room down in the warrens?

- geek
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Never seen these crates, malk. Can i haz screenshot?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 12:58 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Another question on the topic of Gimble: Why are there stcks of boxes with "Gimble" written on the sides in the storage room down in the warrens?
Well, the real world explantion for those boxes is probably the artists at Troika getting lazy, and not making very many types of boxes to be used in the game.

The WOD explanation could point to a possible connection between the Nosferatu and Gimble. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:34 am

Perhaps Imalia ordered them to send Tawni off to Gimble. And then this bloody fledgeling comes along and offs him... Laughing

Philosopher, I don't have a screenshot handy. They are in the storage room near Mitnick's and Imalia's rooms. Where you can find the bloodpacks.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Gimble mission...   The Gimble mission... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Gimble mission...
Page 1 of 1