Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug

Go down 
+2
Helm
FastFood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
FastFood
Fledgling
Fledgling

Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug Empty
PostSubject: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey guys! Loving the mod so far, big fan of it. I registered because I couldn't find this particular problem anywhere.

During the main quest "Dead Ex" in Hollywood, when I meet the guy in the alley behind the Fast Buck, I talk to him and when he says "i dont have it, i stashed it somewhere. Look for Ginger Swan" or something like that, the cutscene comes he get scared and says "im getting the **** out of here" and he just stands there till eternity for me. Nothing happens. Cant move, cant do anything because its a cutscene.

Help please I love this game and I want to finish it for the 20th time Smile
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 6:11 pm

I had this once try reloading a previous save
Back to top Go down
FastFood
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Hey, thanks for your advice but it doesn't work Sad I tried multiple loads, none of them work Sad
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 4:49 am

Have you installed multiple patches or mods ?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 am

Hi FastFood,

welcome to the forum.
I have encounterd your problem once or twice myself, but never reproduceable.
If it is consistent, it's mostly due to map changes after the character has visited this map already. So never use an old save file on a new mod. Or as Claudia already stated, multiple patches/mods will cause any amount of unusual things.

- geek
Back to top Go down
FastFood
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:26 am

I installed the 1.45 patch just before I got to Hollywood I think (no music in the clubs annoyed me to hell :O ) I didn't think that would be any problem?

Is there any way to fix it or get the quest moving? Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome Smile

Edit: I don't have anything else installed just CE 1.4 + 1.45 patch
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 am

I.. Really don't know. When Childe logs back in, he'll tell you if save files can be usef from 1.4 to 1.45... If it were another case, I'd kick you for multiple installs and using saved files from one patch to the other... But doesn't seem to be the case >_>

If I knew anything about coding, I'd tell you the console code, but.. ¯\(°_o)/¯
Back to top Go down
FastFood
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:02 am

Well at any rate, thank you ever so much for your replies and assistance. It means a lot. I'll try a couple of things out keep your fingers crossed :O
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Fastfood,
the 1.45 patch changes the hollywood map. So this probably is the cause for your problem.
Did you get the questlog update in the courier dialog?
Try the console command: Find("!playercontroller").Kill(). Does this work?

- geek
Back to top Go down
FastFood
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:55 am

I get the update in the quest log. I tried the command but nothing happens. The console says something like find<use string> or whatever. Sad
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 am

Yea, seems the console can't digest every python command. So we have to get a bit more creative.
Use your texteditor (Notepad or whatever you use), and open the file -bloodlines\vampire\dlg\hollywood\courier.dlg
search for line 81, it should look something like this
{ 81 }{ I don't have it!... }{ I don't have it... }{ # }{ }{ Find("!playercontroller").Kill() }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }{ }
and add the red command there. Make sure there is a tab in front and behind the command, and that you use the right pair of brackets (2nd after the #). That should free you out of the cutscene, even if it doesn't remove the courier.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Beckett
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Sorry for revive this post, I´m playing now the Camarilla final edition and I have the same bug. Trapped in the cutscene with the courier. I only see this post with solution, I read your last message and I put that line, and yes, I´m free to move when he is talking. But beware! In my case, if I stay and he says all, the cutscene triggers and trap again. So I run into the bar XD.... and then run into the car-driver and I get my freedom >-<. Thanks for the help, and If anyone have the problem again, this solution works well if you are quick. Only that. Thanks for all!
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 8:00 pm

I had this problem a couple of times. Sometimes it depends on how you approach the guy. I tried talking to him from a different angle, and the cutscene didn't lock up anymore. I didn't have to insert any lines through the console.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 am

Yep. Usually this is one of the random bugs. If I recall right that was a special case. But after about 2 years, I can't tell anymore why I suggested trying to break out with such drastic methods.

I make a habit of quicksaving before I go near him. Same as with the guy in DMP. That cutscene sometimes also gets stuck for no apparent reason. Though luckily I hadn't one of these issues in quite some time.

- geek

-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug   Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Ex - Hollywood main quest bug
Page 1 of 1