Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:14 am

So I'm running a Baali through, and I'm in the sewers under Hollywood. I go through the little suction tube, block the wheel, across the platform, down the stairs, and through the tunnel, but when I try to go up the stairs to the door--it just stops me like a wall. No going. But if I jump, I get to go up one step, then I'm stuck again unless I jump every single step of the stairway. Amusing to watch, certainly, but is this some weird glitch just in mine, or is it common to TFN I wonder? I've installed TFN on a compltely fresh copy of VTMB, no other mods or patches, no previously saved games, has worked like a charm so far. The only thing I can think of that I might have done is I'd had the console enabled for a while (not to cheat with the Baali, but to make a for-shits-and-giggles female Setite elder. Yeah... Isis has LOTS of Masquerade Violations and NO Humanity.) and then today disabled it, and then this thing with the stairs happened. I've saved just at the top of the stairs before going through the door, so I can go back down and see if it happens again, but it is just REALLY STRANGE.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 am

From my observations, it doesn't seem to be a problem caused by either CE or TFN. I think it's a matter of walking or running. So if you don't have a mod with the walk/run toggle, you usually run up the stairs, and thus you don't get caught by this glitch.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Interesting observation, Malkav. I rarely use the walk/run toggle -- as I mostly walk everywhere. That might be the issue. I shall try it again. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:14 pm

So, I've tried everything my measely mind can think of. I saved, reloaded, tried different toggles, and everything else, and it still requires me to jump up every single step of that staircase. Plus, now whenever I load the game, durring the loading screen it does a very strange metallic crashing sound for about a minute.

I'm getting scared that my pc is going to attack me...

I've run like 15 different virus scans, and nothing shows up there, so I don't think that's the problem. Has nobody else had this issue?
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Voraxith wrote:
So, I've tried everything my measely mind can think of. I saved, reloaded, tried different toggles, and everything else, and it still requires me to jump up every single step of that staircase.

It it just that staircase that you have to jump each step, or does the one in the room with the first...female Tzimisce creation force you to do the same?

Voraxith wrote:

Plus, now whenever I load the game, during the loading screen it does a very strange metallic crashing sound for about a minute.

I've had that happen before - usually it is because a loud sound that occurs within a level, such as the large hole opening at the end of the warrens, the electrical discharge(or whatever it is) that breaks part of the walkway near the timing pipe puzzle, etc. Usually it only happens if you load a save after these events happen, such as, if you quick-save, and have need to load it again if the game crashes when it tries to load you into the next area(or you stop playing there, and load it whenever you want to play the game again).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:31 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
It it just that staircase that you have to jump each step, or does the one in the room with the first...female Tzimisce creation force you to do the same?

So yeah, I just had that happen, too. Do you know what it is? It's funny as hell to watch a Baali have to do dance steps to get anywhere, but I sure as hell find it just as annoying as I'm sure he does.

By the by, I absolutely LOVE your pic...
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:27 am

Voraxith wrote:

So yeah, I just had that happen, too. Do you know what it is? It's funny as hell to watch a Baali have to do dance steps to get anywhere, but I sure as hell find it just as annoying as I'm sure he does.

Not really. I could guess it might be an error in the map itself, unless you end up finding other areas in the game that do the same thing. This might be an obvious recommendation, but if you have a save from the Kings Way house, or Warrens level 1, then you might try loading that and playing through again, to see if it persists.

Voraxith wrote:
By the by, I absolutely LOVE your pic...

Thanks. I'd imagine it might be somewhat vague as to why the character would say that, but that is a point in the story that will come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 am

Sorry, I can't tell you anything more about the stairs issue. But for the noises, it's basically what Maxus says.
If it persists, you can try the console command flush. That empties the precache memory, and forces the game to reload things like soundfiles.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:27 am

First, I want to thank you guys for trying to help: Malkav, your idea about the sound worked fine--hasn't happened since. As for the stairs, I have no idea. It's not just there now--almost every stair I encounter is a 50/50 shot that Voraxith the Baali has to do a two-step to get up there. The Nosferatu warrens were REALLY weird as far as that goes, and I'm still a little irritated that I fucking fell in that queer red acid-water just because the damn thing glitched on the broken cat-walk. Oh well.

Maxus Corvin wrote:
Thanks. I'd imagine it might be somewhat vague as to why the character would say that, but that is a point in the story that will come soon enough.

I have no idea who the character is, or even what their gender is. The image is quite lovely, and I'm probably misinterpreting what they're saying out of context. Just from a sheer Toreador-esque appreciative view, it's rather pleasant on the eyes. Smile But then, I'm still hoping for a good VtM anime series...

(Edit: So I just now noticed the link that's beneath your pic... Total Toreador moment! Ha ha! I didn't realize you had fiction posted on here. I'll have to read it when I have time.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Today at 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1