Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:40 am

From my observations, it doesn't seem to be a problem caused by either CE or TFN. I think it's a matter of walking or running. So if you don't have a mod with the walk/run toggle, you usually run up the stairs, and thus you don't get caught by this glitch.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Voraxith wrote:
So, I've tried everything my measely mind can think of. I saved, reloaded, tried different toggles, and everything else, and it still requires me to jump up every single step of that staircase.

It it just that staircase that you have to jump each step, or does the one in the room with the first...female Tzimisce creation force you to do the same?

Voraxith wrote:

Plus, now whenever I load the game, during the loading screen it does a very strange metallic crashing sound for about a minute.

I've had that happen before - usually it is because a loud sound that occurs within a level, such as the large hole opening at the end of the warrens, the electrical discharge(or whatever it is) that breaks part of the walkway near the timing pipe puzzle, etc. Usually it only happens if you load a save after these events happen, such as, if you quick-save, and have need to load it again if the game crashes when it tries to load you into the next area(or you stop playing there, and load it whenever you want to play the game again).
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:27 am

Voraxith wrote:

So yeah, I just had that happen, too. Do you know what it is? It's funny as hell to watch a Baali have to do dance steps to get anywhere, but I sure as hell find it just as annoying as I'm sure he does.

Not really. I could guess it might be an error in the map itself, unless you end up finding other areas in the game that do the same thing. This might be an obvious recommendation, but if you have a save from the Kings Way house, or Warrens level 1, then you might try loading that and playing through again, to see if it persists.

Voraxith wrote:
By the by, I absolutely LOVE your pic...

Thanks. I'd imagine it might be somewhat vague as to why the character would say that, but that is a point in the story that will come soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 am

Sorry, I can't tell you anything more about the stairs issue. But for the noises, it's basically what Maxus says.
If it persists, you can try the console command flush. That empties the precache memory, and forces the game to reload things like soundfiles.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...   Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly... Empty

Back to top Go down

Jumping up the stairs is the only way to fly...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: The Final Nights Forum :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to: