Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Firstly i would like to thank both Malkav and Zero for what thus far appear to be a wonderful mod (Im still in Santa Monica). I finally decided dust off my old copy of VTMB and give it another run then i stumbled upon CE.
So far so good i love the changes made to the disciplines. But i have a few question.

Firstly is some pedestrians immune to feeding? Im in Santa Monica on a Gangrel Playthrough and i came across a random pedestrian standing by himself in the parking lot entrance (the one near Foxy Boxes) nobodys around so I tried to feed on him but i failed and got a crime violation. I reloaded this time i turned my protean 4 on to get additional 4 unarmed on top of my 4 and i failed again. I tried to stun him using SOng of Serenity before feeding and i still failed. This happens a bunch of time as well when a random pedestrian happens to walk into the Assylum/Medical CLinic alley i tried feeding on him and it failed. I tried opening up the console and give myself bonus in unarmed and stil no luck.

So is some pedestrian immune to feeding. I noticed these pedestrian happens to be the same model ( Knox's mode but grey jacket instead of red) or is my installation buggy. I had no trouble with feeding on bums or thugs but so far my main mode of sustance is rats and animals 1. Oh and i ahppen to be running CE 1.4 with CQM 2.1

Also is it worth puting points into Blood Heal. With the addrition of in game online college how crucial is ressearch or haggle. Im playing a gangrel and social attributes cost a fortune so im thinking of either going with charisma and scholarship, or Manipulation/Finance/Intimidation but not both.

LAso anybody now whats the console command for Scholarship. Lets say for example i want to "refund" the points i put in Scholarship by mistake, i would put Vstats sell scholarship "no of points" however scholarship is not recognised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Hey, Buncit!

Fresh blood is always welcome here. Twisted Evil
I#ve never had any problems feeding from pedestrians. So either you stumbled on someone who is introduced by CQM, or your installation is buggy. Can't remember any pedestrian in red in Santa Monica right now.

If you say CE 1.4 along with CQM, I assume you mean, you have installed CQM with the CE option activated. Even though burgermeister and I have been in contact, there are some minor problems. If you have installed first one mod, and then the other one on top of it, there must be some trouble. That's about as sure as snow on the Himalaya.

For putting points into bloodheal, that depends on your gaming style. Remember, with CE, you don't heal while feeding. Usually, I get it to level 2. With CE 1.4, I'd suggest going for research/persuasion rather than haggle/intimidation. For the upcoming 1.5 version I have tried to bring in more haggling, but it's still an ongoing process, so there are more options for haggle/intimidation, but still not as much as to entirely compensate for the value of research/persuasion.

The internal name for the sholarship ability is academics.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:58 am

Thanks! Yup just poped straight out of life. Gotta say unlife has been very enjoyable better than how i remembered it last time.

I did installl cqm on top of CE 1.4 .I thought it wouldnt be a problem since CQM includes CE 1.4 but guess not. Hmm i might have to reinstall afterall. Hopefully the problem no longer persist.

So charisma/scholarship remains as the more important attribute. Dont think i would benefit much from skill book in this Gangrel Paythrough but I guess with the email college , ressearch is ever more handy now.

I did notice that healing does not automatically happen when you feed. But the only benefit from upgrading blood heal is longer duration am I correct. You still heal at the same rate regardless the rank, thus the benefit of upgrading blood heal is to cut the cost of blood required to regenerate health. Maybe not worth maxing out.

Did some testing with protean 5 animalism 5 and buff blood 5. It seems with buffbood my unarmed is capped out at 18 while without it its caped at 20. Odd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:59 am

Also a little off topic there is no way to change your history through console isn't there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 am

Actually, there is a command. But I don't know exactly how it works. At least in the most recent version, Wesp has the complete list of console commands in the readme for his patch. But I'm not sure if it's already in the version included in CQM or CE 1.4
You can also get the console commands at the console itself, or in Dheu's modding manual, which is also included in every major mod and Wesps patch.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:36 am

K... did a clean reinstall. Load up the backed up save file and still cant feed on these people even with unarmed 8.

Do i have to restart a whole new playthrough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 am

Never keep old save files into a new game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:57 am

Care to specify why? I figure because the old save file still use the map from the previous installation but shouldnt the problem go away once i moved on to Downtown (im still in Santa Monica just about to get to the warehouse)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Buncit wrote:
Care to specify why? I figure because the old save file still use the map from the previous installation but shouldnt the problem go away once i moved on to Downtown (im still in Santa Monica just about to get to the warehouse)

Older, wiser, more experienced individuals than I *points at Malkav and Zer0* can answer this question better than I, but I imagine it has to do with the fact that your saved game file includes details from the meshed botch that was your previous install, and now it still contains data that pertains to your initial problem. Just be glad that when you loaded your old saved game, it didn't crash the game, as has happened to myself and countless others...
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 am

I'm not sure what will happen on maps you have never visited. You might be lucky there. But as soon as you visit any map, your character has ever visited before (and this includes the theater for the Mitnick quest), all the problems return.

Just remember that the game was developed on a beta, or probably even alpha version of the engine, and wasn't really ready for release when it was published. So there are lots of random problems, which can turn up anytime. Especially if you use a save file on a version that has changed. You never know exactly what will happen until you try.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buncit
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:34 am

I see ,sight might as well roll a new char.

You know when nosferatu goes into frenzy through Free the Beat Within they also gain 5 Str Sta and Wits. So this is not exclusive to Gangrel and i thought the clan descrption should describe that.

About the game engine never been finished its a shame really, i mean it runs on the same engine that powers Half Life 2 but the difference in performance is startling. A bigger shame that troika got shutdown afterwards. We might never see another Vampire game ( the rumor about MMO doesnt rly interest me). Good thing theres TFN i think ill give that a try after i finish my CE playthrough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 am

Buncit wrote:
We might never see another Vampire game ( the rumor about MMO doesnt rly interest me). Good thing theres TFN i think ill give that a try after i finish my CE playthrough.

True that TFN totally frakking rocks, but how the Gehenna can you not be interested in WoD MMO?!?! That beats out Skyrim for my wish list! *Uber-geeks out on the mere thought of what WoDMMO COULD be.*
Back to top Go down
FallenRaven
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 pm

two things:
first, skyrim is hopefully out this year so i'll play that while waiting for the wod mmo
and the second is that i think that mmo often are very boring in the long run (go there kill them, all the way)
but on singel player games you some times (allways in elder scrolls games) don't have that problem and the answer is mods
mods make the world go 'round
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

I've never played any multiplayer or online game, and I never will.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..   Today at 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down

Some pedestrians are impossible to fed on..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1