Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Saint Eloi - the Big Bell

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:42 am

Miri is pleased to see the Tremere smile, that is, until the subject is Rufus again. She seems to cringe at the thought, but manages still to say something, I take it the warning is a hard thing to miss. She lets the subject go, pausing to hear what Duncan has to say about the Gargoyle, or of his interest in the effect of true faith on Kindred. She listens to his mention of listening in on some of the talk in the Prince's chamber the other evening with a thoughtful expression- She hasn't met Estela, and might seem to be having trouble placing a name to a face.

It is Lyle's mentioning of having restored the altered file that brings new light of interest to Miriel's gaze,
It certainly warrants perusal. Her curiosity is less of her familiar, capricious kind than the kind that entices to award a person some bearings in their new climate, I would be glad to take some time to pore over each, to see if there are any differences between the two that may outline some kind of correlation we may not be seeing just now. She thinks on the rest of what he says, taken aback that the power of a rumor may be enough to spark wild action into such a wearied man as she met the other night, What would he actually be able to attempt that's so risky?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Aside from the Sheriff's efforts to change that data, I'm not familiar enough with the local Kindred to know whether they're acting suspicious, although a few things did stick in my mind.

Take Catherina: Why did she come to Elysium? Just to show that she could? i doubt her reason was merely to attempt to seduce M. Griffin, or dance with the Malkavian Primogen. Also, why was Adriano here? I doubt he was simply exerting his right to attend the gathering. I'm not sure why, but I got the impression that he was in Bordeaux to see someone. Possibly Alicia; she seemed fairly chummy with him.

Griffin showed the Sheriff a few tarot cards which made the Malkavian react strongly - is the Sheriff very superstitious?

M. Lehin did take the news of his childe's possible survival very hard. Hopefully his Humanity won't cause him to do anything rash, like you suggest. Are you worried that Jerome will talk Claudia into helping him with a badly-planned rescue attempt?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 am

Thoughtful and pondering, the Tremere allows himself a few educated guesses.
(Lyle) I don't believe in the "protecting sources" excuse, but I have not confronted Lambert about his editing of the files. And I've not told Gosuin about it either. He shrugs in ignorance.Wait, seduce Griffin ? The Giovanni ?

The Regent smiles widely at the idea, and he seems to imagine the Harpy's response.
(Lyle) That's interesting.. If I had known, I wouldn't have given him a leave. If it's of any help, no, I don't think Catherina Giovanni came to Elysium just to play with some nerves, but she certainly did came to Elysium because it is Elysium. Being more or less openly hunted by the Setites, I'd guess she was out for new allies. With Tania's death, she doesn't really have a protector anymore, knowing the Snakes...

He thinks about it, as if he considered something. He lets go the subject.
(Lyle) Adriano Guicciardini, well, he stops by every other month. Most of the time for business, something about financial placements. But he's a social creature ; Miss Vandenstree and Primogen Darvault both appreciate his presence. Other established Toreador despise or ignore him, something about him not being an artist and what not. If I recall correctly, he sold most of his contacts and networking around the train station to the Giovanni when they came to town. So, maybe he's here to see someone, or to carry on business. Both Toreador may know about Guicciardini's presence, and maybe the Setites (knowing about the enemy and all that). As far as I've noticed, miss Vandenstree tends to be very excessive in her behaviors towards others, but she was an actress..

Lyle's good with Italian full names, be it the Giovanni or Guicciardini. He pronounces them exactly how they should. He doesn't seem to know them other than basic observation. It's clear he was never interested in neither the Giovanni, nor the harpy, nor Adriano.
(Lyle) I wouldn't know if the Sheriff is superstitious, but he is a Malkavian. Griffin is more of the Cartesian type, yet he knows how to get rid of nuisances.

The Tremere raises an eyebrow when Duncan mentions his Childe. He shows a certain surprise, before remembering that they are friends.
(Lyle) It's true they were coterie mates. Rescue plan, maybe, which may turn into a trap ; Claudia is smart, but she is too kind and may not accept she may have been betrayed. There's a reason I ordered her to take care of Tarcisus. The only thing I remember about Mandataire Lehin's Childe is that she sings quite well, and that she had rancor against us because of the war. I don't know much Lehin, I've seen his presentation, I know Darvault cares for him, but other than that... I also know the Toreador clan forgave Claudia, as much as it was possible. She knows much more about them than I do. You'd be more effective in finding out what are his plans and how he dealed with that. These kind of attachments are out of my reach.

Perception+Subterfuge>4:
 

Perception + Empathy > 5:
 


The Tremere gets down to facts with a slight sigh.
(Lyle) During the attack, I saw her. She was fighting alongside with Lambert and his ghoul Cecile, by the artist' exit of the Theatre. I protected them against the lure of flames and went outside to track down the damned Tzimisce that was behind that part of the attack. I got rid of everything that was in my way and killed the fiend. When I came back, it was already over.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:28 pm

Miriel thinks on Catherina's situation with a slight frown. Her disposition is less saccharine with empathy, and more of a "sucks to be her" sentiment. She has nothing to say, but considers what it is Lyle outlines about her for later.

As he speaks on, she observes his mannerisms and what he says with careful attentiveness. He dodges voicing what it is exactly that makes him particularly concerned about Jerome, but she doesn't speak up about it or seem particularly bothered that there was no direct answer.

She takes in his account of events with care before speaking,
Well, it sounds like we've got two to talk to who can outline events after you left the Theatre, if we can. I've only just met Jerome, but I'm sure there will be opportunities for me to talk to him, and to see what he's up to, she says this permitting Jerome stays as social as expected by his sire and his clan, being Mandataire, I'm not so sure he's the type to spring out the very next day, rolling along on a warpath on just a rumor, Toreador passion or no. He's a craftsman by trade, he says- creates tools and items by hand. It's slow, careful work. He seems he can't spare much energy without some back-up, or a methodical approach- Too weary for failure. If he's going to attempt any sort of rescue, he may spend quite some time pooling resources until the surest shot is possible. She thinks about something, and adds, All this still doesn't tell us anything. Do we know who it was exactly that brought news of Jerome's Childe back that night? We may start there, seeing who passed that information along to them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 8:44 pm

As Lyle speaks about Lambert, Duncan will add a comment:
Editing information to protect your sources is nothing new; it's done all the time -- usually when you're not sure whether it will be passed on to the enemy. Duncan is not trying to teach Lyle anything; it sounds like he's speaking more for Miri's benefit. But the Prince should get the unedited version. Did the Sheriff speak with the Prince privately, before this information was passed on to the Primogen?

The topic moves to Griffin and Catherina, and Duncan grins.
I don't think she made an ally of Jean-Pierre. I can understand her vamping it up -- um, no pun intended -- but she ignored his hints that she was getting too familiar; and when she didn't stop, he slapped her down bigtime.

Duncan listens to Lyle talk about Adriano with no comment; and then the talk moves to Jerome and Claudia. The Brujah listens to Miri, and nods. He looks at her, and tells her:
I think you're the one to talk to Jerome about this. I don't know whether he would take it well, if I started asking questions... I never even met him last night, although I heard people call him by name, and I couldn't help but pick up some of the conversation between Jerome, Claudia, and Corinna, concerning Annabelle. They weren't bothering to whisper that often.

In fact, I think I can answer your last question. Corinna and Jerome mentioned something about talking to the Sheriff, and asking him about the details of this Annabelle's reported death during the Sabbat attack. It sounded like Lambert was an eyewitness. Those two headed for the Sheriff, and Claudia went another direction. However, I don't know what they found out, because your Primogen came over and began speaking to us, which demanded my attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 pm

The Regent seems to take into account the different theories taken by the two neonates before him, with half a frown.
(Lyle) Actually not showing Gosuin the true version was a good move. I won't show him, he trusts Lambert too much.

And the Prince probably mistrusts Lyle. Any opportunity may be good, and Lyle isn't trying to prove anything to the Prince ; it could turn against him.
Lyle smiles widely when Duncan tells him exactly what happened between Jean-Pierre. He mutters something in the lines of "damn, I missed that".

(Lyle) Griffin has no good side, but he certainly takes his Harpy job very seriously.

He nods to the idea that Miri should be the one talking to Jerome and allows his comment on his own.
(Lyle) I know the girls started to get information on what happened to Lehin's Childe. Asking Lambert was a logical move to do, since they were together at the time of the attack. You say Claudia didn't go with them ? It doesn't really surprise me, she fears members of the Malkavian clan about as much as she fears me, and I don't really blame her. How he knew about her supposed death ? You should ask Laure Nolveaux. She may be more approachable and more cold-headed to give a proper judgement and a proper tale of what happened, and since they are both friends, consoling him and what not. I can tell you where she can be found. Jacob may give you a proper tale too, if you manage to survive his passionate war discourse.

He implies that Jacob may not really be totally objective, and that he might not have been attentive to everything around him, especially after the battle. The Tremere shrugs, giving a slight opinion on Jerome. While he sounded respectful of Laure, he seems to pity Jerome, without really being sympathetic.
(Lyle) I don't see the mandataire as taking unplanned actions, but he was in love. No matter how reserved, the chance of her being alive is not really an information one can take as cool-headed as that. I don't think he's smart enough.


Perception+Empathy>5:
 






Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Miriel appears to enjoy when Duncan shares his morsels of information; she smiles. The smile softens, though, when the subject of Catherina and Jean-Pierre resurfaces for the second time this evening.

She almost rolls her eyes, feeling her amusement give way to empathy for Catherina's embarrassment at being corrected in public, while the boys continue to seem excited about it- but Duncan speaks. Lyle also has a suggestion; she listens to the both of them carefully, nodding,
I'll find the time to see Laure, then, as soon as I can, before talking to Jerome.

She observes Lyle as he shares his opinion. Her neutral expression doesn't waver, With luck, we'll catch up before he does anything rash.
Auspex 2, Perception+Subterfuge>4:
 

She thinks on Jerome and his situation some more, affording that love drives people to extremes, and summarizes a checklist of people to see soon about the Annabelle rumors. So I shall see Laure, Claudia, Jerome, and possibly Jacob or Lambert (if time does permit, and we are not killed by long stories or whimsy.) She shrugs slightly, pretty white teeth peeking through her widening smile, And here I was thinking I'd struggle to fill an empty schedule.

She shifts from one foot to the other where she stands, thinking on something, I won't have to be especially good with computers to open the restored file, will I? Is it just "plug and play"-type stuff? A corner of her lip begins to tug into a frown, And should the information in either file be shared with anyone if it may help us understand the nature of the rumor about Jerome's Childe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:10 am

That's a pretty long list of people. I doubt we can visit all of them tonight. We can definitely talk to Theo though, because he just texted me that someone left a message for me at that bar, El Bodegon. I told him I'd drop by in a while to pick it up. He grins at Miri. I had no idea I'd be getting fan mail already.

Duncan thinks for a moment. I'd rather talk to Laure than the Sheriff. Lambert seems a bit like a spring that's wound too tight; the wrong word or phrase, and he's likely to get upset. If we do talk to him, I want to do it in a place with lots of witnesses, so he has to watch the Masquerade.

Turning to Miri, Duncan says: Once we find out where some of these people might be located, we can decide what order to visit them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:34 am

The Regent ticks when Miri indicates she'll see Claudia. He shows a certain disapprovement.
(Lyle) I'd rather keep Claudia out of it, she'll want to help her friend and what not, she'll be less attentive of her grandsire, it'll end up in a blood bath, she'll have more bleeding problems, it's going to be a mess, and I'll be a very unhappy Tremere. And when I'm unhappy, I'm sober.

While he uses a certain sarcasm, he lets understand that he would turn it against the two neonates if his childe finds out. His hands travel from pocket to pocjket, pulling a small wallet full of cards. He takes a couple of them and hands them to Miri. He takes a random one, turn it around so he has the white face to him, with a pen he pulls out of the springs, waiting to write something the neonates should dictate him. He smirks to Miri's lack of knowledge of computer files.
(Lyle) Mme Nolveaux's contact information, the Sheriff's phone number. I'll need your emails, I'm listening ; I'll send you a link to two text files, you'll see the differences. You shouldn't share the actual files, but I don't really care if people know about their existence, or even, see them. Lambert usually works on phone, or through the Senechal (who's most of the time in the Theatre, in case someone needs to contact the Prince).

Miri:
 

He smiles widely to Duncan's way of dealing with Lambert.
(Lyle) He's a Malkavian, that's why he looks and act tense, but he's a loyal Camarilla Sheriff. Eventually you'll get used to his behavior, and see beyond his attitude. But Mme Nolveaux may be much more civil, while she's about as patriotic as he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Don't get Claudia involved in the search for Jerome's childe. Got it. But it may be too late. Last night, Claudia and Corinna seemed quite willing to help Jerome get to the bottom of this matter.

Duncan lets Miri take the cards from Lyle, with the contact information.

Email is jacques.pannier@yahoo.fr If Lyle raises an eyebrow at the name, which I'm sure he will, Duncan merely shrugs. Yeah, it's a fake name. But they allow attached files.

I know Lambert is Malkavian. Which makes him even more unpredictable than most Kindred. But if he likes talking by phone, it's not an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Miriel allows Duncan to explain to Lyle how Claudia may already be involved; she nods, wearing an expression that shows she isn't surprised to hear it, Jerome and Claudia being friends. All the same, she has no problem complying with Lyle's wishes. It has been only a few seconds after the fact, but it appears to have just registered in mind that Lyle has implied he isn't sober at the moment, which causes Miri to stifle a sudden laugh by biting her lip. She clears her throat, Ahem, and glances between the other two. She returns to the subject of Claudia's spontaneous bleeding, Scared me witless yesterday; I take it that it happens a lot? She makes a disingenuous attempt at sympathy- Sighing, she wipes away a single nonexistent tear, It'd drive me to drink, too.

She takes each card Lyle hands to her and examines them, tongue thoughtfully pressed in cheek. She chuckles, then glances up as Duncan shares his email address, eyebrow raised. It's not especially strange for an email address, but he doesn't look like a "Jacques" at all to her. She smiles, though it's difficult to tell whether it is because Duncan takes it upon himself to explain, or because the alias is strange.

It's still better than mine, she admits before sharing her own, Lecomplexeducornflakes@hotmail.com. She takes a minute to write Lambert's number and Laure's information on her own pad of paper before returning the cards to Lyle with a thankful smile.

She crinkles her nose slightly at the Malk talk. She glances at Lyle when he speaks, nodding, then to Duncan, considering what he says before adding her own input,
Logic, whatever form, serves as a function- Input in, brain filter, output. Doesn't deviate much, though the output will always vary as sure as there are unique people with unique perceptions to process with. Assuming the logic behind someone's actions are somehow automatically incoherent, when it is they simply measure more differently from "the norm," only works as a disservice to getting in tune and able to access where they are coming from. She glances around, This is the case whether interface is in person or via phone.

Those were too many words, and it was weird. She takes a second to smile sweetly to the both of them, I got a thesaurus for Christmas.

She shrugs dismissively, Gotta prime your own mind before jumping into someone else's, just sayin', then reapplies her chapstick with a quality of nonchalance that can only be described as expertly practiced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:23 pm

As he closes all the fingers from his right hand, still holding his pen, Lyle makes a slight pointing movement when Duncan says Claudia may be already involved.
(Lyle) That's why I entrusted her with Tarcisus, so she worries herself with something more useful. As far as I know, she had had similar problems during her tutoring, for a couple of decades. It never happened in Elysium or in public before, hence why I rudely ended our conversation. He looks at Duncan at that moment, almost apologizing.

His use of "useful" is certainly an excuse. Lyle has probably arranged some tangled plan to keep his childe busy. A paranoiac Kindred may even think he's the one behind his Sire's coming, just so he could get Claudia busy. He writes down the addresses given to him with a amused smirk. He asks for a couple of confirmations so he's sure he won't do mistakes once on a computer. A nod is enough.
(Lyle) Of course it's a fake name, who knows what haunts the web during these nights ! With two n's, hm ? No dots for you, right ? I'll send you both a link in a promotion message from the Regent, he certainly means the hotel, just follow the instructions.

He takes back the cards, but he wasn't expecting it. He puts the three cards he now has in a pants pocket. He looks away, blinks, shrugs and "meh" about Lambert, and both Miri and Duncan's view of the Malkavian.
(Lyle) I can't say I know the guy, our worlds never crossed until I embraced Claudia. Even with that, while his brother had a problem with that, himself couldn't care less. Since we Tremere arrange our own affairs most of the time... It's the last resort, anyway.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 am

When Lyle mentions their conversation the night before, and how it was ended abruptly by Claudia's mishap, Duncan waves it off as though it were no big deal.
I considered the conversation to be over when your childe started having problems. That's why I stepped aside, so that you could go to her.

The Regent writes down their email addresses, and tells them how he will send the files. Duncan merely nods.

However, as the Tremere talks about Lambert, Duncan listens closely.


I see. Maybe he's not as unstable as I thought, from my first impression last night. I'm just leery about Malkavians. I don't avoid contact with them, like Claudia; but I don't consider them basically harmless pranksters, like some Kindred I've known. Insanity is not harmless. I have no desire to get 'in tune' with them, and understand their craziness.

With a look at Lyle, Duncan asks: Anything else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 am

When Lyle mentions the perils of the web, Miri whispers something absently, Because on the internet, no one knows you're a cat. She nods, No dots.

She smirks to Duncan's caution about Malkavians with understanding, but says nothing. Other than waiting to see what Lyle says, she appears to be ready to go when Duncan is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:58 pm

The Tremere doesn't seem to want to add anything about his Childe, but he adds some words about the Malkavian.
(Lyle) Certainly none are harmless-

The Regent doesn't finish his thought. He's interrupted by something that attracts his attention, at the entrance door. At that one instant, a huge blast blows up the doors, quickly followed a few more smaller blasts, closer in to the Kindred, which blow up many of the benches and chairs of the church. The lightning caused by the explosions may not affect both Neonates, but Lyle certainly will certainly be. Smoke and dust, falling from the rocks that moved due to the explosions, cover up and obscure a bit more the church. It seems the stones themselves hold well the explosion, but everything close to the entrance and made of wood didn't resist. Shadows, a few of them, which don't move that fast, and groans can be barely seen and heard. One can notice moving shadows, certainly the ones behind the blasts, and a still shadow ; a car ram, maybe, which was used to "enter" the place. It was certainly charged with explosives.
Thankfully the three kindred were too far in the church to be affected by flying objects. But some pieces of wood do reach their feet. Some may be used as improvised weapons (after all, church wood is solid, especially for the benches ; oak type). They may even be usable stakes.

Lyle, due to his position, to knowing the place, and because he has the highest initiative, acts as follows ;
His eyes bothered by the blast, the Tremere can't take a complex action, and he certainly has other things on his mind. Right as the doors blow up, Lyle grabs Miri's arm and, without thinking twice, he pushes her to the side, aiming for the sacristy door he had talked about earlier, the "other exit". He wants her out of the way, or maybe, he wants to protect her ; after all, she is a "she", even if she is Kindred, and chivalry may not be dead. That or something else, anyway, no time to think about that. He then turns to the statue, and reaches for something behind it.

Duncan's action follows, then Miri's, then whoever is in there. Spending blood, until Generation limits, do not count as an action.


Duncan:
 

Miri:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:09 am

As Lyle tosses Miri to safety(?), Duncan runs down the side aisle, out of the line of fire between Lyle and the shadowy figures (in case Lyle has -- or is about to have -- a firearm). The Brujah scoops up a decent-sized chunk of wood on the way, to use as a club. Anyone with a good view might witness a slight snarl on his face.

Storyteller:
 

When Duncan rounds the pillar near their attackers, he swings his piece of church pew at the head of the closest one. No witty banter, no heroic posturing; just quick, efficient brute force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Miri, though surprised by the swiftness in which he grips her, doesn't even make a plaintive noise in protest to Lyle's push. Her new placement affords her a decent vantage point, and so she stays put and stays quiet. She murmurs something just loud enough for Lyle to hear as he turns and reaches for whatever is behind the statue-
Lyle:
 
Storyteller:
 
She stoops to pick up a stake-shaped piece of wood lying on the ground to arm herself with while she observes what follows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Duncan's victim screams in pain as the brutal choc resonates into the head (which seemed to sound empty). It seemed to hurt the target badly, and with a groan, he turns to attack his assailant, barehanded, and surprisingly unprepared. The pain and the situation is clearly unfavorable to this seemingly small-time suburb hoodlum in his mid-twenties, but he looks older -certainly due to having lived a hard life with alcohol and drugs-.
He had lost part of his balance due to the hit, and fails at delivering a proper attack.


Duncan:
 


The scream and the sound of Duncan's attack immediately alerts the other shadows, with two male voices being heard with words such as "shit!". Both move further in the church, right from the entrance, taking cover, oddly closer to the Toreador and the Tremere. They didn't see seem to notice the two. The distinctive sound of holsters opening and guns being drawn can be heard. They take position with the goal of firing towards the person they heard attack their fellow assailant, but do not fire because they are analyzing the situation.

Lyle barely gives a look at Miri as he hears her voice, while he draws out of his corner a big two-handed sword. He does let her understand he did hear her with a slight nod. Knowing his moves will be heard, but covered by the confusion, he doesn't hesitate to run towards the one that was in the main alley (and is now in the side alley, but closer). With a circular movement, pushed by his own inertia, the Tremere aims for the neck of his target, with the obvious goal to make him enter the pillar. Sadly for the assailant, finding oneself between a stone pillar and a sword he wasn't expecting ends poorly. One head off. The body decomposes and consumes itself, giving some light in the room, reflected by the metal objects of the church, but also being defused by the flying dust, stone and wood particles.

The third assailant sees the iron's reflection, and shoots a few times at the Tremere in fear, without aiming. The bullets enter the pillar or miss on the other side. It's now clear they didn't expect anyone to be inside and alive.


Acts Duncan, then Miri.





Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Now that he is at close range, Duncan gains a better view of his opponent. A frown appears on his face for a moment, as if the punk before him was not what he expected. The Brujah does not pause, but he does change tactics slightly. Instead of taking another swing with the makeshift club, he shifts it to his left hand and moves in with unexpected speed, aiming a right-handed punch at the young hoodlum's torso.

However, Duncan doesn't wait to see if his punch takes down the cannon fodder. Running faster than before, he zips past his current assailant and charges in the direction of the third figure -- the one still in possession of his head. Resuming his two-handed grip on the club, Duncan aims a blow at the attacker's body.


Anyone with eyes:
 

Storyteller:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:18 pm

Impressed with the damage already done without her, Miri is surprised to see that Duncan's changed targets. All the same, his newest target is the one closest to her. She takes it upon herself to move the short distance over and help keep this one under control, raising her jagged piece of oak and bringing it down to pierce the target's gun-wielding arm in an attempt to complicate having more bullets fired at either Lyle or Duncan.

storyteller:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:28 pm

The first assailant folds and falls after the second strike he could do nothing about, despite him trying to block the fist. He was just too slow. In pain he falls on a knee to be able to recover.

The other one still alive finds himself surrounded fast enough. The church's kindred can notice his tanned skin and long dark hair tied up. He is wearing a metal t-shirt and some loose jeans, and looks in his late twenties to early thirties. He steps back when he sees Duncan move towards him, but Celerity makes the Brujah faster than this punk's reflexes. However, he soaks the attack and stays on his feet. He does move back because of the strength used and it did hurt him.
As Miri moves to him as well, he groans and lets see his fangs, and the beast through his eyes. He soaks without a tear the stake strike the Toreador hits him with, but he doesn't let go his weapon. Certainly not wanting to stay at close range he moves back, finding himself against the side wall.
He hesitates as on who to shoot, and takes a grouped shoot towards Duncan, perceived as the most dangerous. Despite his injuries, but drawn by survival and having a better idea of the situation, he misses two times, but a bullet does touch his target at his left shoulder.

Duncan:
 


Lyle, given some time to act, takes out the sword from the pillar in a brutal movement. With his foot he kicks the gun his victim drew out, to move it away from the ashes, the almost pristine bones in combustion and the remaining burned clothes. The gun makes a slight distinctive sound as it slides on the stone floor and touches the side wall, right behind Miri and reachable by Duncan with a few steps. Only they have certainly heard it, considering the situation. It's clear the Tremere wishes it not to be recovered by the first victim in pain, and surrounded, the other one will not reach it. That and he's already armed...


Act Duncan, then Miri.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:47 pm

The bullet wound draws a grimace from Duncan, but he continues to fight, although he moves over a bit so that he and Miri aren't interfering with each other's movements.

As Lyle kicks the dead guy's gun closer to them, Duncan tells Miri:

It's all yours!
The words seem a little rushed, but this could be due to the fact that everything about Duncan seems to be speeded up right now. Before he finishes speaking, his makeshift club is flashing toward their opponent's arm, in an attempt to disarm him.

Whether he is succesful or not -- and whether Miri picks up the gun or not -- Duncan will press the attack, to draw the Kindred's attention to him and give Miri the chance to act. His second swing is horizontal, and aimed for the enemy's torso on the opposite side from Miri.


Storyteller:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 am

Storyteller:
 
Miriel clenches her teeth. Seeing her bid to disarm the intruder fail makes her even more resolute to drive the weapon home.

Duncan's statement about the gun draws a baffled reaction from Miri,
The hell do I want that for?! Something merely said out of general frustration in the heat of the moment. Pssh, Women.

She works in tandem with Duncan's movements, taking care to keep from accidentally intercepting his first swing. When he next moves to strike their target on one particular side, Miri is sure to also keep clear by staying on the other, where she makes her attempt to stake the intruder through the heart as deftly as she can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

The dark-haired assailant, already injured, soaks Duncan's attack as much as he can, but it does disarm him. He lift an arm in hopes of protecting himself from the second swing, because he can't avoid it in a safe way (ie he can't step back), or at least, reduce the damage. He lets out a slight moan of pain as the wood breaks on his arm (and his arm, while he doesn't break, looks pretty bad too).
Miri's gesture is precise, and the target was focused on reducing the damage he was receiving from the Brujah. Her attack touches the Kindred right at the heart's place, and enters the skin by forcing through it. The vampire, since now it's clear that he is in fact Kindred, stops moving and falls when the wood got through his heart. Just to be sure, the stake enters a bit more. His expression is frozen in between commitment and fear.

A few more gunshots can be heard in the church as this one is rendered harmless, but they aren't from the two kindred's current-now-down enemy. Another explosion, stronger only in sound, takes place near the entrance. The ram car's damage seems to have reached the gas tank.
The smell of blood can tickle the kindred's smell sense, in a few different places now, especially during a combat, which is always stressful for the Beast. Lyle took cover from the first assailant's line of aim. He was surprised by the assailants' shots. His shirt has now red stains to his right shoulder and arm, and he has put his left hand on the wound, the right hand still holding that sword. Another source of the blood odor are the first stake wound on the arm of the dark-haired assailant. A last source is the car itself, the blood smells burned, maybe they had someone in the car as the smell of burning flesh invades the church.

Duncan:
 


Miri:
 


A scream of horror is cut short by the sinister sound of crushing bones happen as something really heavy falls over the first assailant. Lyle lets out a word full of frustration.

(Lyle) Finally !


Combat over.

As they take back conscience of their surroundings, and after that crushing noise, the three kindred can take a look at the huge gargoyle who seemed to have fallen from the roof ; except the roof is intact. It's huge, about 2m and a half (a bit over 9 feet, if I can count well). It has enormous folded stone like wings, with the matching stonish skin, oddly very similar to the church's and to the big bell's original stones. It has some scales covering the skin, very long claws on both hands and feet, and it looks extremely dangerous and dreadful. It is crouching, as he fell over the poor assailant who's decomposing under his feet, and what is left of his head under his right hand.


Last edited by Claudia on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:46 pm

For a moment, Duncan stares down at the stake in the Kindred’s chest – and the bloodstained shirt around it. Then he tears his gaze away, and tosses his broken club to the floor. He looks up at Miri, and speaks briefly.
Good shot.
Perception 3 or greater:
 
Duncan looks over at the car fire, trying to judge whether or not it poses a danger to the church. He catches Lyle’s attention, and points toward the car.
Are there any fire extinguishers? I don’t—I mean, I don’t know if I can get close to that, but maybe we can… toss one under the gas tank, and when the extinguisher blows it might put out the worst of the blaze. Or can you do something about it? I've heard you protected our guys during that Sabbat attack.

Either way, the police and firemen will be here soon, and we need to be gone. Um, we'll let you tell the Prince.

Duncan spares a quick glance for Rufus, and waves a hand. Thanks for the help with that one. Sorry to leave before we’ve met; maybe we can talk some night.

With a look down at his shoulder, Duncan shakes his head. Wish I'd brought a jacket.

Storyteller:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saint Eloi - the Big Bell   Saint Eloi - the Big Bell - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Saint Eloi - the Big Bell
Back to top 
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» **** Stockfish 1.9.1 ja RAu3 ****
» Tinkerbell Fan Club
» St. Patrick's Day Word Unscramble
» maslah belting berbunyi
» Rhem 4 = the 4 bells puzzle

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: Neutral Ground-
Jump to: