Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrens

Go down 
+3
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
kyoden
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Warrens   Warrens EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi guys,

I do have some problems in Warrens 2 and 3. My pool is low and I try to sneak past my opponents via Obfuscate. After I passed like 3 enemies the game crashes. Happend 3 times in a row. When I kill them I can pass that area though. Happened a couple of times now which is quite annoying.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Sorry, no idea why that would happen. I always kill them, so I hve never had this particular problem. scratch

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:34 am

I have run a testrun through the warrens, but couldn't reproduce your problem. Either it was a one time glitch, or there is something wrong with your installation. Did you have any other weird things happen before?
For the testrun, I used a setite with obfuscate 5. Give me your specs, and tell me if you used any other disciplines along with obfuscate?
I assume that you have installed on a clean copy, and didn't use an old save file.
- geek
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 am

Seems like a multiple installation problem...
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:48 am

Seems like claudia will soon be losing her hair because of people with multiple installation
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:44 am

I don't care enough, but I just love it when people assume that files can fusion like everything would work Smile
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:54 am

Clean copy. I have 3 different copies installed for the different patches (FN,CG,CE). Please don't assume things, especially if they have a negative touch ...

Again clean copy. Baali. Obfuscate 4. Humanity 1, low blood (3-4 points maybe). Maybe it has sth to do with frenzy. Daimonion 3, Presence 1, Statboost 2 (none used).

So far I usually did stealth kill most of my foes so this situation was new. Not sure if I had Blood Healing (2) on though.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:59 am

Please excuse our cynism, we have had so many people installing randomly the game and expect the pythons files not to eat the user alive.... I mean, understand that our old blood's hopes on humanity kind of got... low. Especially after that disco dancing tremere they printed out <_<

No patches before the Mods, no nothing, you swear ? Smile

Have you tried loading a precedent saved file ? I had had a few random crashes when the character frenzies just after leaving a zone (especially an elyseum zone where I couldn't frenzy)...
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 10:05 am

Yepp, no Steam, Windows 7 with compability mode run as admin. Smile Just clean from the cds onto the drive and copied that folders 3 times to keep one fresh and clean and spoil the others with one pure patch Smile
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:28 pm

Hu, Claudia, that Tremere(?) frightened the hell out of me affraid And she wears enough eye shadow to hide a dozen or so LaSombra...

Kyoden, so the only real difference between your character and my testcharacter is the humanity. Let's hope it was a one time glitch. I'll run a few more tests when I got the time. But I wasn't involved much in the developement of TFN, so I can't promise anything.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:42 pm

I have never encounter such problem in all my years with VtMB... And I prefer clans with Obfuscate. I like to be stealthy. City Gangrel, anyone? One time glitch most likely. Try going to earlier saves so you could find one that was OK. Then the game should progress normally.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Feral, if you want to play City Gangrel, it's quite easy: Just open -bloodlines\vampire\vdata\system\clandoc000.txt with a simple texteditor. Search for Player_Gangrel, scroll down to the disciplines, and replace Animalism and Fortitude with Celerity and Obfuscate. Or better, comment Animalism and Fortitude out, and add the new ones. Then you can switch back later. Comment lines begin with //
Just remember, you have to skip the tutorial, or with CE 1.5, do it on your own, without Jack.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks, I haven't thought of that. Well, it's you to be the master modder Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Voraxith wrote:
Hey, I like the disco dancing Tremere! Better than the butter-faced blue-hair Gangrel... (Claudia, please post link.)

Original or Sio's Lul version ?
Back to top Go down
PGM1961
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
PGM1961

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:33 pm

I had problems with Obfuscate on one of my old computers, but that's because my graphics card really wasn't up to the challenge. Sometimes the hazy, indistinct view during Obfuscate would cause the video to lock up, and then crash the game. This is one reason I never ran a Nosferatu all the way through until recently. (It did the same thing when I played a Malkavian, but I'd put up with it because the Malkavian is so much fun.) Smile

Sounds like you are already doing all you can to minimize difficulty (compatibility mode, etc.). Sorry I can't suggest anything but get a better video card... or one that handles a 7-yr-old game better.

PS - I seem to remember that the problem was even worse when I powered up some other discipline while still obfuscated... showing the Potence aura while Obfuscated made it crash more often than Obfuscate alone. Does that happen with yours? If so, then your problem may indeed be a video issue.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:11 pm

Kyoden,

I apologize for the issue you're having. You seem to know what you're doing when it comes to using multiple installations and patches so I don't doubt you there. Though I've never had the problem personally, I'm sure it's frustrating. No matter what I do I can't seem to replicate the issue either so I believe it has something to do with your machine only. Is it possible that it's a problem with Windows 7 and bloodlines? Possible a video driver issue, a program running in the background, or the resolution you set it too (widescreen?).

I apologize, I'm just throwing out ideas because it seems isolated to your machine. If you figure out a fix please let us know.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:27 pm

No worries.

Wasn't able to find a savegame without the problem though (and I actually didn't bother going back too much savegame wise). It certainly is triggered at frenzying while beeing obfuscated. I tried to stay well fed so no frenzies occured. The game freezes then and I have to Alt+Strg+del to end the vampire.exe as I am not able to exit/close/tab out of the game otherwise.

I play it at 1920x1024 (or whatever that resolution is) so widescreen could be an issue. Other than that I run "standard" programs, nothing other people won't have.

Anyways thanks for you reply.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:04 am

I'll run a test to see if frenzying while Obfuscated crashes my game or not too. I'll add it to my list of things to do.
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Warrens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrens   Warrens Empty

Back to top Go down

Warrens
Page 1 of 1