Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Having issues, incorrect installation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grimwolf
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Having issues, incorrect installation?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:54 pm

I downloaded the CE, and I'm having some pretty massive bugs.
NPCs keep initiating conversation with me whenever I get too close. Only certain ones do it, but the effect has no context to it; they'll do it at any time. This causes a loop in which every time I end the conversation with them they immediately start another and get me stuck.
The game randomly crashed and closed out once after leaving the Asylum club.
And another time while I was in the club, I tried taking the elevator up to Therese for the initial meeting, and the doors wouldn't open. I had to take the elevator back down and up again.
These are just the bugs I've encountered so far, but stuff just seems to be broken all over the place. Did I install the mod incorrectly?
I'm using the Steam version. I was previously running just the 7.8 Unofficial Patch (which, interestingly, was having all these same issues). So I uninstalled the game by going into Steam and selecting Delete Local Content. Then I went into the Steam folder and manually deleted all the VtMB files remaining. Then I reinstalled the game, and after installing I loaded up the game, exited out, turned off Steam Community and Automatic Updates, then started up the CE Installer, and told it to install at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\vampire the masquerade - bloodlines

Since these issues were present both times I'm left assuming that I've done something wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Having issues, incorrect installation?   Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Hm, I don't have any experience with steam, but as far as I can tell you did all these things right, turning off steam community, and automatic update. Path seems to be right too. In any case you should run bloodlines as administrator. And try XP or Vista compatibility mode.
Sorry can't tell you any more than this general advice. If that doesn't help, and nobody else here has a better idea, register on Planet Vampire, and ask there.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimwolf
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Having issues, incorrect installation?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:59 pm

What do you mean by the XP compatibility mode?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Having issues, incorrect installation?   Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:17 pm

.exe
Right click
Proprieties
"run in compatibility mod" Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having issues, incorrect installation?   Today at 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down

Having issues, incorrect installation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1