Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Feedback needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:40 am

mouser9169 wrote:
Voraxith wrote:
Personally, I think that the Dex adjustments for the heavy leather and the body armore are perfect just the way they are. Hell, they're realistic AND pretty close to how the actual p&p game tackle the issue. But that's just my $.02 worth. Very Happy

(By the way, we SO need a fanged smiley emoticon...)

In the P&P game, can you say, "I run around the corner, take off my armor, pick the lock, put my armor back on, and slip through the door in the 10 seconds before the guard walks down the hallway"?

The problem is you're using a non-combat penalty to try and balance a combat bonus. This doesn't work because if you're not in combat, you have no need for the armor and can simply take it off. When you head back to a combat area, you can put the armor back on (you can even wait until combat starts if you want).

No but again I do not have the armor penalize dexterity on picking locks unless wearing Heavy gloves :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:54 am

mouser, please don't kill me if I gave wrong info about the armor rating. I have only done some rudimentary tests on that issue. About a year ago...

Claudia, try shooting a gun wearing fist gloves... Laughing

Back to the main topic. I'd love to make a system that allows for armor changes only in your haven. Then I could give out major social penalties on wearing heavy armor.

If at all possible, I'd love to make something similar for sloshing around in the sewers. Social penalties until you can clean up in your haven, or in some public bathroom like in the internet cafe or the empire hotel.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
mouser, please don't kill me if I gave wrong info about the armor rating. I have only done some rudimentary tests on that issue. About a year ago...

Claudia, try shooting a gun wearing fist gloves... Laughing

Back to the main topic. I'd love to make a system that allows for armor changes only in your haven. Then I could give out major social penalties on wearing heavy armor.

If at all possible, I'd love to make something similar for sloshing around in the sewers. Social penalties until you can clean up in your haven, or in some public bathroom like in the internet cafe or the empire hotel.

- geek

Brilliant idea! Though you would have to remember to make an exception for Nossies. Ah, actually, they are screwed anyway...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:55 pm

If only one could make the clothing get dirty/ripped/tainted in blood and so on as you pass through combat, sewers or the woods..
Like in Batman Arkham City.

*wishes*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Claudia wrote:
If only one could make the clothing get dirty/ripped/tainted in blood and so on as you pass through combat, sewers or the woods..
Like in Batman Arkham City.

*wishes*

you just want to see nakked vamps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:13 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:

I know I DO!! alien
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
mouser9169
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:

I know I DO!! alien

I'm sure Tessmage's naked malkavian mods are still floating around the internet somewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Voraxith wrote:
I was gonna say, aren't there nude mods out there for Bloodlines?

Nude Nossies!? affraid affraid Shocked Or Samedi? I think I will pass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Can I dementate Sebastian? I want to see him at hte pole in Vesuvius. Together with his ally Ming in her most sexy form, the one you meet in the endgame.
And Imalia must do a lap dance for Zer0. Post embrace of course cheers

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Voraxith wrote:
What's wrong with nude Nossies? I like Nossie girls. They're so... appreciative.

20/500 beer goggles, anyone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jrc_burgess
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:45 am

Well I just finished my second run through with the CE 1.5 and will offer my impressions. I should say I am NOT a modder myself and have no idea how to go about it. I am a player, that is all, so my observations are made based on game experience, not technical issues.

I personally am very happy with the college vs. books set up. It's balanced, logical and in character to the game. My only possible complaint is that the explanation as to how stamina/research/time/blood loss affects the whole thing is a little complicated. Then again it's a very complicated formula so I guess it would be hard. Did find a few books scattered around which was odd.

The inclusion of Akeem is a very nice touch and I'd love to see more of the independent clans appearing somehow and other TFN elements.

I love the camera view control. Such a simple idea but very well executed and it adds alot to the game. The grab/throw feature is nice but truth be told I never felt the lack much anyway. It's good though and works smoothly.

Am loving the big number of blood dolls and their (and prostitutes) randomisation. Definitely makes me think I can either play silent hunter in the night stalking prey or suave, sophisticated predator bending mortal's wills to my own.

Just a few observations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:45 pm

That was a good review, thanks for posting. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Hi everybody,

I believe, at least some of you already have started a game with CE 1.5 by now.
I'd like to know what you think about taking out the books, and instead only having the college.
And what do you think about the college rules as I have set them up?

- geek

I haven't played any of the previous editions, so I can only compare with vanilla (or Wesps 7.0 patch).

I like the college. Specifically I like how I now have something on which to spend my money and I like how I can use it to improve the abilities that I want.

The rules are okay, but there is little motivation to increase Intelligence any higher than 2. Intelligence 2 + Scholarship 5 + Heather's library carde = 8 Research. That's enough that even the hardest courses will only cost 10 blood points (if you have Stamina 1). And actually you can get away with less than that. 6 Research is all you really need to take even the hardest courses, though you might frenzy immediately after the lesson. That can be dangerous for Heather, but I solved that problem by studying back in SM while she was safely in my Downtown appartement.

I would suggest changing the formula for base difficulty. Instead of [4 + X] I would make it [2X + 2], where X is the current value of the ability you are about to study. That would make the first two courses easier, the third one would be the same as before, but the final two would be harder. This change would both make the college more useful to characters who aren't investing in Research at all (because the first two courses are more accessible) as well as reward characters who invest a lot of XP into Research (because the higher courses are harder).

A final change that I'd do to studying isn't directly related to the college, but I'll list it here anyway for the sake of completeness. Ever since unmodded Bloodlines it's been bugging me that Scholarship increased both Persuasion and Research, especially since both feats were very useful already on their own. So in a little personal mod of mine I made it so that Scholarship no longer increased Research and renamed it into Rhetorics. I then made it so that Base0 and Base1 for Research were both Intelligence. (For non-modders: this means that Research was twice as high as Intelligence).

The benefits of the change would be:
- Persuasion and Research are no longer linked
- increasing Intelligence would become more than just a convenience

The downsides would be:
- a little extra work with modifying Beckett's dialogue (the free Scholarship increases in the museum and later at the sarcophagus)
- having to rewrite the text for the Scholarship/Rhetorics courses

An interesting thing is that the XP cost of getting Research 6 would actually stay the same as before. Before you had to invest 12 XP into Scholarship 3 to get Research 4 and then Beckett would bump it up to 6 for free. With the new system increasing Intellgience to 3 woud likewise cost 12 XP. Further increases would be cheaper than before, but that's a good thing because right now increasing Intelligence any higher than 2 isn't really worth it.

Edit: In regard to that last suggestion, I've had a different idea along similair lines, but I still need to think it through some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks for your comment, Dragatus.

My main reason for the rather low requirement on research was to make the college worthwhile for fighting characters too.
I like your idea to make the requirements for basic courses easy, and for the more advanced ones harder.

For sholarship as a base for both, research and persuasion, that has bothered me since I started modding the game. But I'm not sure, if it's a good idea to link a feat to two attributes, or to twice one attribute.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback needed   

Back to top Go down

Feedback needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2