Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

1 Question and some Praise

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thrakkemarn
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: 1 Question and some Praise   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:20 pm

Hey all, I have recently installed this mod and find it absolutely AMAZING! It pretty much fixes all the problems I had with the game, and then some, and then some MORE. Keep it up!

Anywho, I've got a question that is pretty simple, although I can't seem to find it documented anywhere: How much Inspection is needed to take full advantage of the new system (implemented in version 1.4 I believe)? I'm playing this with Clan Quest Mod so I'm still on version 1.4, but I have already found a few juicy items around Santa Monica (I'm looking at you sexy glock). But I want to make sure I keep my Inspection up to par as the game progresses.

Thanks a ton! bounce

p.s. Figure I'll ask this here too, even though it's not related to CE, hope you don't mind:
Is there any reason to not simply use the weapon with the highest listed "Damage Potential", even if said weapon is above your feat level?
For example: If the knife gives me 12 Damage Potential, at -2 Feat Adjustment, whereas the sword gives me 14 Damage Potential at -4 Feat Adjustment. Despite the higher requirement (being far above my skill to use) the sword seems like it will do far more damage (I realize speed and reach might be factors, is there any other reason?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: 1 Question and some Praise   Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:57 am

I can't answer the first part but as far as the damage potential goes, the damage is the damage regardless of any of factor. Though weapon reach, range, speed, etc... is still a factor, pure damage is calculated for a total so even if you are -1 or less with a weapon, you can still use it for better damage than a weapon you are proficient with that does less damage.

This is of course a generality as Malkav could've added magical or special properties to weapons though I'm not sure if he did. I did that in TFN but you'd have to ask him if he did for CE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com

1 Question and some Praise
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1