Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights

Go down 
+8
Shabutaro
Karavolos
Jad.3
Zer0Morph
YamiRaziel
Feral
Helm
malhavoc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
malhavoc
Neonate
Neonate
malhavoc

Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights Empty
PostSubject: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

As I mentioned earlier, I have only recently revisited this delightful corner of the internet. Logged in expecting to reinstall VTMB and my favorite mod with it.

Imagine my shock though when I discovered not only the tried and true Camarilla Edition, but this new fangled 'The Final Nights' stuff!

Shenanigans! Shenanigans, I say! I have to choose now? It is no longer obvious what is superior?! IT'S TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH! I CAN'T DECIDE! Shocked

So on that note, before I play the 'install/uninstall/reinstall' game with VTMB, I figured I would poll the audience as it were. I have read over both the Camarilla Edition notes as well as those from The Final Nights, but I'd like to hear from some of the players. What are some pros and cons? Some likes and dislikes?
Back to top Go down
Helm
Neonate
Neonate
Helm

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 1:36 am

Why not try them both ?
Back to top Go down
malhavoc
Neonate
Neonate
malhavoc

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 2:12 am

Time constraints mostly. I will undoubtedly try both, but the question is which first. This is especially important with the looming threat of Skyrim eating my soul.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:40 pm

CE is overally easier, so start with it if you don't know all ins and outs of the game by heart.
TFN is unlike any other VtMB mod, as Voraxith rightfully pointed. It is very rewarding, but quite hard mod. Rise Inspection to at least 4 early. You will need it.
Both of them are sweet like virgin's blood, actually, even if for different reasons.
Back to top Go down
YamiRaziel
Methuselah
Methuselah
YamiRaziel

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:16 pm

To me actually both mods are not that hard... but maybe that's because I've played Bloodlines more than 7 times and I know most of the game (especially Santa Monica) by heart. It's all about balancing your character and your skills as a player.
I believe your choice should be based on how good do you know the game. If you've played Bloodlines a lot and you feel like you know it good you might try TFN.
If you are new to the world or the game, however, I would suggest CE. Both mods deserve to be played so basically there isn't a wrong choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitistreviewer.com/
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 am

This is a great thread so I'm bumping it. I'm curious to hear people's take on each one also. Great posts so far, let's keep this thread alive! (or undead if it were)

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 8:53 pm

The mods are intertwined. If there's some juicy patch in one of those, the other one will incorporate it (at least I hope so). TFN offers something new, while CE focuses on perfecting the existing.
It works quite well together Smile

Last edited by Jad.3 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo.)
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 am

Jad.3 wrote:
TFN offers something new, white CE focuses on perfecting the existing.
It works quite well together Smile

That.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:07 am

I know what your going through Wink The way i do it is: play CE, TFN, CE, TFN, CE, TFN etc.. every time with different clans and builds.. in my eyes the best way to do it^^ Just started my Gangrel Animalism Melee Intimidate Hacker with Lower Generation background on CE ^^
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 4:58 am

which version has the most powerful Tremere version? Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:42 am

That would be CE, since you can't play a Tremere in TFN to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:00 am

Dragatus wrote:
That would be CE, since you can't play a Tremere in TFN to begin with.
aw how can I have missed that Razz
I guess that, consequentedly, no one can cast Thaumaturgy disciplines in TFN, right?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

That's right. But if you like throwing around some magical stuff, you could try a Bali...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Dark_Ansem
Ancillae
Ancillae
Dark_Ansem

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 1:40 pm

I'd rahter explore blood magic a bit more Very Happy but the breen projectile of the Baali is TEMPTING.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Munster
Methuselah
Methuselah
Childe of Munster

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm

I think this sentiment has been echoed already, but I'd say do CE first, since it's closer to vanilla VtMB. I've played CE several times and enjoyed it every time. I just started TFN.

In my experience, TCI's mods are far and away the best VtMB mods, so you really can't go wrong either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights   Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights Empty

Back to top Go down

Camarilla Edition vs The Final Nights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: