Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:03 am

While this inquiry could probably be used for other songs, I'm wondering about the song in the file C: ... Vampire/sound/music/clubs/music.mp3, I believe it is (I'm just guessing it's this file because I listened to it on VLC to compare to the in-game song.) The first part, which is all dreamy and kind of psychedelic, I remember from the vanilla version of VtMB which simply looped. However, this new version I don't recall ever hearing before CE 1.5. The second half of it suddenly changes pace with a singer saying what sounds like, "Gosh damn!" over and over and over..! It gives me a headache and heavily disrupts the game (in my opinion), as well as muddles and annoyingly overlaps VV's dialogue (I haven't talked to anyone else in the club, yet.) I think, but may be mistaken, that that second half appears again in Glaze, where it's still annoying but at least more fitting. So, I was wondering: can I change it so that Vesuvius only plays the first, dreamy part of the song like in the vanilla?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:17 am

Sorry, I really can't figure out what your actuel question is...

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:44 am

The song in Vesuvius in CE v1.5 is different than in the vanilla version. I personally prefer the vanilla version, and would like to change it back, but I'm not 100% sure which file(s) I would need to change or if there could be any repercussions should I change the music.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:43 pm

If you haven't put a file vesuvius_1.mp3 file into the \clubmusic folder, you will hear the vanilla music there. If you didn't play with custom music, you get vanilla nearly everywhere. There are only very few exceptions. In the diner, I have set the stage music from Empire, as there was nothing before. And there are some places where Wesp put in music from the OST that hasn't made it into the game for one reason or another.
Do not meddle with the file you mentioned (\vampire\sound\music\clubs\music.mp3) That is NOT a fixed file.
Maybe what you describe is an as yet undiscovered problem with the custom music system. I'll have to look into this, and keep you updated.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks. Also, one thing that I noticed was that 'vesuvius_track.mp3' in Vampire/sound/music/hollywood/vesuvius doesn't load (I haven't tried it on Windows Media Player for obvious reasons.) The asp_hole.mp3 file in music/hollywood/asphole plays the version that I recognise that cuts off at 1:52, right before the part I'm not liking (which leads me to believe that this may be the version I heard on previous versions of CE and the vanilla.) Also, I went back through and replayed a copy of the 'music.mp3' file on VLC and it's playing music from Chinatown. I was really tired last night, and I suppose I could've played the wrong file, but I'm really not sure. To try to prevent any corruption of the files in the game, I made copies of all of these song files and played them on VLC.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:08 am

I have run some tests yesterday too. It seems, this crap you hear in in vesuvius.mp3 is part of the file. I don't know hy it's not played in the vanilla. (The cutoff point before the crap starts is at about 1:50. I don't have the exact point available right now)
Btw, you can find the file that is played in \sound\music\licenced\vesuvius.mp3, the one you mention is probably just a leftover from the developers. There is a lot that stuff still in the game.
And it's entirely intended that you hear something different in the music.mp3 file. This is a universal sound file for the custom music system. It is always the music that was on the last place with custom music, bfore you left the game.
But the problem you reported has set me on the track of another problem with the custom music. I'm currently working on it.

- geek
Back to top Go down
ChazKafka
Ancillae
Ancillae
ChazKafka

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am

Alright. Good to hear, I guess? If this can cause some good debugging, then I'll take this as good news. And I did a little more digging. Comparing the original vanilla VtMB disc (the first, main disc), when I searched its contents, I found the folder Vampire/sound/music/hollywood and it doesn't have a 'vesuvius' folder, but only has the 'asphole' folder. The audio file in the asphole folder, 'asp_hole.mp3,' is the version that I remember hearing where it cuts off at exactly 1:52 - right before the crappy yelling comes in. THIS I know is the file I wanted. It's the only audio file out of all of them that cuts off at 1:52. So, I'm wondering: maybe because 'vesuvius' didn't have it's own folder, maybe the default player chose 'asp_hole.mp3'? In which case Asp Hole actually plays an entirely different song. It's like music file musical chairs or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5   Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Modifying Club Music's 'Music' MP3 - CE v1.5
Page 1 of 1