Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good MMO out there?

Go down 
+7
kyoden
Zer0Morph
Feral
Nachtrae
Jad.3
Claudia
Shabutaro
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

Any good MMO out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:22 am

Just wanna ask cuz i plan to play a MMO again but not my favorite Lineage 2 which i played for ~5-6 years. I am just too pro in it, no fun anymore being one of the best.. also there are less good enemy's cuz the top 3 clans formed an alliance so u just don't stand a chance to get any raid boss if your not in our ally.. well enough praising me, any of you know a good MMO with a good community? I thought about playing Rift or wait till Tera comes out in EU, so any thoughts about those 2 or even a better MMO you know? Sorry but i won't play EVE cuz i don't have the time to get into the complexity of that game^^
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 am

Damn it, sentences, dots, commas, capital letters, and paragraphs ! >_<

Star Wars is Awesome. I have no more to say !)
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 am

Well sry but i got my own style to write.. i can't get rid of it even if i try to force myself -.-' IT developer's curse Wink

And SW:TOR is really disappointing.. close to none high lvl content..
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:52 am

Well you're on a forum, not on a SMS, it doesn't take much more time to write all words completely and to hit "ENTER" once in a while, right ?

Of course SW has no high level content, the game is barely three months old dude Oo
Have you followed the stories ? Have you done all planets ?

Meh you can still wait for the panderan extension to WoW anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:08 am

Have you ever looked inside a IT development department how upside down everything is? Even in handwritten text i tend to drift into devel-mode.. This got nothing to do with SMS or Chat or anything like that, it's just my daily work of 10 hours and more which gave me this habit..

Yea released since 3 month.. but developed since 4+ years.. and no i did not all planets.

I don't play WoW and never will..
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:22 am

More like poseur's curse...

I worked IT and everything has to be tidy, especially the code. Grow up a little. This is no way to get respect.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 am

Jad.3 wrote:
More like poseur's curse...

I worked IT and everything has to be tidy, especially the code. Grow up a little. This is no way to get respect.

I don't talk about the finished code.. i talk about the working process while under time pressure.. fine tuning comes last.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:40 am

How old are you?
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Omg... do we have to do this? Just bash me and i will rage back if you want...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:32 pm

You just evaded an ultimate quazibash by making the second saddest post in the history of this forum.
If you want friends and people to like you, listen! Don't "be always right" just to have the last word...
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Boys, boys. Watch the rise in testosterone. We don't want any fights around here.

Claudia would diablerize the two of you, or let Lyle do so.
Now shake hands and hug Very Happy

As for MMO's:
SW:TOR is good, though I haven't played it much and didn't feel like extending my game time cause it costs a lot in my opinion.
DC:Universe is amusing.
Champions online has some awesome character customization! Great fun to play around in.
League of Legends can be good, though it is a MOBA, not really an MMO. In early levels, the community is the best. Try getting some buds to play, or make friends along the way to make sure level 30 games remain fun and don't turn into rage fests.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Stop smoking that shit.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Never.

I mean, I don't smoke! REALLY~!
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
You just evaded an ultimate quazibash by making the second saddest post in the history of this forum.
If you want friends and people to like you, listen! Don't "be always right" just to have the last word...

So kinda like you do, huh? Well it's not like i care what someone i don't even know thinks about me, so see this as an opportunity and enlighten me with all your wisdom pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:35 pm

You suck. There you go.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Can't we keep our voices down and explain what bothers us in a friendly, polite way? We are all friends here, after all. Like a family, in some regards. A bit patological one, but whatever.
So... Could we keep it civil?

Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

But HE started it!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Feral wrote:
Can't we keep our voices down and explain what bothers us in a friendly, polite way? We are all friends here, after all. Like a family, in some regards. A bit patological one, but whatever.

No kidding! Holy shit guys, I walk into this thread all excited to talk about MMOs and I see monkeys flinging poo around the room (AND I STEPPED IN SOME)!!! No So knock it off before I call a timeout on you two...

As far as MMOs go, I invested about 4 years in City of Heroes/Villains and it was an amazing game! Still is actually. Pretty good community with a decent end game. I would highly recommend that if you're into superhero/villain stuff.

I beta tested Star Trek Online and honestly got bored of it within a week. The ship vs. ship combat was kind've cool but the ground game was horrible. I'd stay away from it.

WoW is the easiest MMO to get into quickly, then it gets boring within a week, just my opinion. I've tried it on 2 different occasions for a week each, 1 year apart, and got the same result.

I heard Star Wars: TOR is an awesome game at low levels, but has no end game and gets boring after level 25+. I was invited to beta tested but it kept crashing on me so I said forget it. That's all I know.

Rift looked promising but I never played it.

EverQuest II was surprisingly pretty cool with tons of crafting stuff. But the game is so choppy even on my best rig that I gave up on it.

Champions Online looks awesome but I can't get past the horrible graphics so I passed on it.

Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:

Champions Online looks awesome but I can't get past the horrible graphics so I passed on it.

It's meant to look like a comic book, so with that in mind, it is not that bad.
And like I said before, the character customization is just amazing. You can make almost anything! I often just randomly open it up and create a random character (the fun thing is that you can use pieces of clothing, accesories and skins that should pay for when making a character. When you want to confirm that character though, you naturally have to buy those pieces. So it's a bit like a preview thingy at the same time)

On a side note, I'm sure you can use Feral's fur to clean the poo from your shoes.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Dammit I almost argued on the internet.

Boss bought SW:TOR. Awesome book comes with it. SW history and stuff. From what I read, one unfinished product released.
Warhammer was entertaining for a while. Lots of counting, lotsa running... But killing other people was fun!

What's Champions online, some MMO model grooming game?
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:

No kidding! Holy shit guys, I walk into this thread all excited to talk about MMOs and I see monkeys flinging poo around the room (AND I STEPPED IN SOME)!!! No So knock it off before I call a timeout on you two...

As far as MMOs go, I invested about 4 years in City of Heroes/Villains and it was an amazing game! Still is actually. Pretty good community with a decent end game. I would highly recommend that if you're into superhero/villain stuff.
I am not really into superhero/villain stuff but tried it either way. After 2 days i quit.. not really my style Wink But for all who like superheros/villains: the customization is awesome!

I beta tested Star Trek Online and honestly got bored of it within a week. The ship vs. ship combat was kind've cool but the ground game was horrible. I'd stay away from it.
As i was never into Star Trek because i really don't like it this didn't even came in my mind^^

WoW is the easiest MMO to get into quickly, then it gets boring within a week, just my opinion. I've tried it on 2 different occasions for a week each, 1 year apart, and got the same result.
I love pvp which is why i played Lineage 2. after 2 years of Lineage 2 i tried WoW and got bored to death after 2 weeks.. At high level it's actually quite decent because the instances are nice, but as i am not that much into pve... back to Lineage 2^^

I heard Star Wars: TOR is an awesome game at low levels, but has no end game and gets boring after level 25+. I was invited to beta tested but it kept crashing on me so I said forget it. That's all I know.
Exactly! The Story at the beginning and all is really good.. than the excitement fall in an exponential curve..

Rift looked promising but I never played it.
It's really fun as it "copies" many things from other MMO but does everything really good! 4 main classes with 9 Souls aka talent trees to choose from and things like that.. VERY much variety in char builds!

EverQuest II was surprisingly pretty cool with tons of crafting stuff. But the game is so choppy even on my best rig that I gave up on it.
Heard it was pretty good but never gave it a try... maybe i will soon Wink

see city of heroes Wink

Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
Dammit I almost argued on the internet.

Boss bought SW:TOR. Awesome book comes with it. SW history and stuff. From what I read, one unfinished product released.
Warhammer was entertaining for a while. Lots of counting, lotsa running... But killing other people was fun!

What's Champions online, some MMO model grooming game?

Well, it's just your general super hero MMO far as I know. I never really got much further than the tutorial world with my character. I like messing around in the character creation to much. I believe there are a bunch of different stories which are just long quests which start with investigations (killing mobs), then more mob killing until finally you get to the boss fight.

Apparently, further in the game you get to create your own archvillain.
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:22 pm

I know what you mean. Neverwinter Nights. I spent more time creating characters than actually playing the game :p
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Played Skyrim for an hour when I first got it.
Time spend in Character creation: an hour.

Very Happy

(course I eventually played it much longer than that, but time was limited back then)
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Girlfight! Yeah!

Anyways Smile

Anyone wants to buy my SW account?

Some say Tera is awesome. Something new, something I missed in SW:TOR. Heals can miss (WTF!) as you have to hit as well.
SW felt ok, and for a release its pretty good, but I felt "unimportant" and the world not "realistic". Style and flair is important to me and I still just can't imagine 30.000 jedis hopping around in Ogrimmar showing of their cool swords and mounts .... I though SW should be a bit more EVE like. Just a tid bit more.
Haven't checked out Tera. Think I won't play any mmorpgs (but WoD - crossing fingers). Just can't quit the game any time I won't (yes I know I can, but can you?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good MMO out there?   Any good MMO out there? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any good MMO out there?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next