Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Camarilla 1.2 download link

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

Camarilla 1.2 download link Empty
PostSubject: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:58 pm

Can somebody please add an alternative link or make a torrent of the Camarilla 1.2 version, I'm using dial-up internet and filesend just doesn't allow resumes and every time I try to download from there, I get messages like failed connection or my connection drops. The other 2 alternative links posted don't have the 1.2 version on their site, which is frustrating cause I want to use the 1.2 version.

Oh, btw, love the mod, made me reinstall the game.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 6:11 pm

Hey bud, sorry I was out of town yesterday so I wasn't able to respond sooner.

Ok Here's the deal, Filesend.net is our main fileserver system for CE 1.2. Some people in the past have had trouble downloading from there so Strategy Informer and Patches Scrolls offered to carry the CE series titles.

I spoke with both of those site's administrators last Friday. Patches Scrolls is going to post up CE 1.2 this week, probably sometime around Mon-Tues while (for some reason) Strategy Informer is having trouble download from Filesend.

We do have an alternate filserver we can use but CE 1.2 is too big for it (CE 1.1 barely fit) so we would have to "hunt" for another file server capable of handling something over 300MB in size thats free.

I will go ahead and look for an alternate file server tonight and if I find one that can handle CE 1.2, I will upload it there and post it. If not you will have to wait until Mark at Strategy Informer gives me the upload location so they can carry the title, or Patches-Scrolls uploads it and get's it posted under the Unofficial Patches titles.

Either way I will make sure something happens soon so you (and others with this problem) can play CE 1.2 ASAP.

I saw you PMed me so I will cut/paste this and respond.

Hope this message puts you and others at ease, I promise I won't leave you out in the cold man.

-Z
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 7:09 pm

That sounds promising, thank you for looking in to it. I was afraid you didn't reply messages, so i asked the community.

Ok, no problem, I'll wait for it, and don't worry about it, I've waited long enough for something like this to happen to the game, I think I can "survive" a few more days. HAHA

Regards,
May CE grow into something more, well more...everything. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 2:39 am

HAHA thanks...

No problem, believe me I "want" you guys to be able to play it. What exactly happens when you try to download it from filesend.net? I've had other people, Europeans mostly, with issues with downloading from filesend.

Is there a file hosting site that Europeans specifically have an easy time downloading from that I just don't know about?

Let me know, I live in America so I don't get the European-skinny on things... geek
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:48 am

Nothing in particular that I know of, maybe filefront, even though it's slow, it matters to me not, since I can't get past 8kb anyway.

Well, the problem with filesend for me is that my connection drops too often and I can't use any download manager, like I usually do, to cut the download into pieces so to speak, so that when my connection drops, I can resume it. Ergo, filesend doesn't allow resumes, so there we go...
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Don't you have any friends with broadband who can download it to a USB disk for you?

You could also try using a browser with inbuilt download management to resume files yourself.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

8People had a good idea -OR- I just spoke with the site administrator from Patches-Scrolls and they just posted it up so you can download from there. The link you tried previously for Patches-Scrolls should work now. They use Filefront for their file hosting so give that a try, you should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:56 pm

Thanks a bunch, the download is on, I am now very eagerly awaiting to finish, in 12h LOL. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 6:08 pm

devicem wrote:
Thanks a bunch, the download is on, I am now very eagerly awaiting to finish, in 12h LOL. Smile

12 hours??? HAHAHA man that sucks, but hey it's better than not playing it at all! Smile

Glad to hear you're on your way!
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:55 am

There are lots of smiles to choose from, but there isn't one with the "mission accomplished" banner!

Once again, thank you zerO.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 11:36 am

Jezas, Murphy, can't get any more obvious than this...

So, I downloaded the file successfully, and now, after trying to extract it to w/e destination, an error message occurs saying that the file is corrupted. Did anyone else had the same problem or it's just me ?
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Did you D/L it from Patches-Scrolls? If not where did you download it from? You mentioned earlier that it would take 12 hours to download, are you using dialup?

Anyways, we just got our official ModDB page up including an alternate download location, try downloading the .exe from there.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-camarilla-edition

Also if your Internet connection is this faulty and is dropping packets which corrupts the file, I would suggest downloading it from a friends/family members house that has broadband, or a public location like a library, then burn it to CD and take it home.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Well, the first time I downloaded it, it was using dial-up and it was corrupted, then I went to an int cafe and downloaded it from there, still corrupted. -.-

But, the good news is, I tried this new link you gave me and I can now use download manager, which in turn will supposedly WORK.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Camarilla 1.2 download link 41138622.th

Hmm?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Tried running the installer again?

Errors like that can occur if there is a hiccup running the installer or if a file is damaged. If you get the same error running the installer a second time you may want to attempt another download or see if someone else can provide the file for you.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Yea, I tried more than once, same error at the same place. Re-downloading it again is out of the question, I'm on dial-up remember ?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:16 pm

Well there isn't exactly a plethora of other options if the files are corrupted.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:21 pm

I know, I know, I'm just not sure if and when next time I download it, the files won't be. :S
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 am

WOW Device, thats wild man, good screenshot and I've never seen that error before... then again I guess I've never downloaded my own program before.

So you got that error from ModDB? Did the Internet Cafe have Broadband? I know Patches Scrolls is a 3rd download location, have you tried that one yet?

Man I don't know what to tell ya? Where are you from anyways?
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:06 am

(Mecedonia at a guess)

What download manager did you use? Am trying to think of other distribution methods which would be dial-up friendly. Can think of perhaps torrenting as an option, though it would be slow and people would have to seed it first, so unsure on that being too viable.

At almost 400Mb though, Dial-up will be incredibly tricky - unless the file is put into a compressed file (ie, a .rar) and split up with a special program (there are freeware ones)

You would have to download WinRar from RarLabs to initiate the process, but means you can download the files in smaller segments and if one is broken it's easier to replace a smaller section than the whole lot.

Can see if I can get round to it but I am otherwise occupied until the 30th, it would still mean re-downloading the whole thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Aye, it sounds strange though, because nobody else seems to have any problem with it. I come from Macedonia, but I never had any problems with downloading anything from the net. LOL

Furthermore, that patches scrolls had a server in Germany, which is the closest to me of all the servers and I dl-ed it the first time from there.

The second time, I dl-ed it from ModDB, and used download accelerator manager, but had zero failed connection, maybe I redialed once during the time I was asleep, maybe, but I have had redials in the past with other downloads and there wasn't any problem with any of them. :S

I'm out of ideas, except the one that 8people had, torrent download, but I know it's complicated and I couldn't ask anyone to make those split .rars for me.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:11 am

You've got me stumped this time man. I've been thinking about your problem and I just don't know what to do. So Scroll-Patches and ModDB were both corrupt, and Filesend got dropped and was incomplete?

As crazy as this sounds, you could always ask one of your European friends to burn a copy on to CD and mail it to you, not email but physically mail it. I don't know the cost involved to send a CD but I wouldn't imagine it would be much.

I would do it but I'm all the way over here in the United States so I'm sure it would cost alot more and take alot more time.

I dunno, it's an option...
Back to top Go down
devicem
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:39 am

No, it's fine, as it turns out someone else registered at the forums to post a similar problem as mine. I'm not alone here.

Actually, he posted the exact same error I had when downloading from patches scrolls. lol!

I just remembered one very interesting detail. You know I tried CE 1.1 first, which I downloaded from patches scrolls, as far as I remember, no, I'm around 98% sure it was from patches scrolls, and the dl went as smoothly as possible and actually played the thing for a while before I got mesmerized by the changes in 1.2, so I'm guessing it's not only just me, but it's the whole uploaded file on patches scrolls. Ergo, I suggest re-uploading the file there again, and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
8people
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
8people

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:44 am

I can confirm the Patches Scrolls download link from both servers are corrupt. An email to the admin could probably help resolve the issue, you may need to send them the file again.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Camarilla 1.2 download link   Camarilla 1.2 download link EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 pm

8people you tested both links? Thanks for the info, I will let the admin know at Patches-Scrolls it is corrupt.

You see what happens is Patches Scrolls downloads the file from Filesend, which is an .exe. Then for some reason they decide to repackage my package and turn it into a .zip, I don't know why, it's always bothered me.

I will post up a message on the scroll board to let people know.

Thanks for the heads up, for now download from Filesend or ModDB.
Back to top Go down

Camarilla 1.2 download link
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next