Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:10 pm

Don't worry, i will always find topics to talk about to keep the Forum somewhat alive without talking only about kindred/CE/TFN Wink

So any of you guys got any experience in CentOS 6 kickstart installation files? As my custom CentOS is fully working besides one little damn rpm package which refuses to let it install during post installation script.. I somehow can't even 2>&1 | tee the error out Sad

So if anyone has XP in it, tell me as i will give a more detailed explanation Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 pm

What the hell is that ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:29 pm

CentOS is a free operating system distribution based upon the Linux kernel. It is derived entirely from the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution. CentOS exists to provide a free enterprise class computing platform and strives to maintain 100% binary compatibility with its upstream source, Red Hat.[2] CentOS stands for Community ENTerprise Operating System.

And a kickstart installation file is something where you can customize your installation Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:38 pm

I’ve heard of CentOS and have even used the Ubuntu version of Linux, but I’ve never gotten that involved with Linux in any fashion. I’ve got a friend who makes a living being a Red Hat guru but other than that, I don’t know that much about it. I took a UNIX class in college but I hated it and didn’t understand it very well. I kept trying to use DOS commands in UNIX and nearly failed the class (but I got a “C” so I technically passed).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Sorry man,
I have played a bit with Linux, but that was about 15 years ago, and even then I couldn't really get it working.

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Damn^^ well thanks either way Smile Guess i was too positive if the guys on the centos forum can't help me either because the never encountered my problem ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Sorry Shabutaro! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:43 pm

I've had some linux classes this year and passed.... We learned a few things about scripts and stuff, but never went into the system to deeply.
So, sorry I can't help you either Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 pm

I have Linux at work. All I know about it is the IT's phone number. And Open Office sucks (Excell a bit less so).
So sorry, I can't help you either. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am

Damn.. why oh why is there no system-to-iso feature like in all .deb based os ... Like Ubuntu.. i make a fresh install. configure it all i want and add the things i want and hit a single line of remastersys -few parameters or relinux -few parameter and done i got my custom live cd.. in rhel you have to freaking script your livecd from scratch.. and many things doesn't work like you want Sad Well.. i will somehow get it done soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?   Today at 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down

Anyone has experience in CentOS kickstart installation files?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1