Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silvia Black

Go down 
+9
Karavolos
malak
Maxus Corvin
Feral
Eliza
Dragatus
kyoden
ThePhilosopher
Childe of Malkav
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

Silvia Black - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 pm

MxM wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
I had to google "Old Italian Female Names" and found the same website that Feral did. It seems Ismerelda is the old way to spell it. And yes, Esmerelda is also Spanish, which would make sense considering how the Spanish and Italians share so many similarities, like language, names, etc...
I don't find anything about the name Ismeralda in any Italian site I went. The name Esmeralda is a (Spanish) variant of the name Smeralda though.

This is where we got it from. http://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/81496-Very-old-Italian-names-(girls)
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
I had to google "Old Italian Female Names" and found the same website that Feral did. It seems Ismerelda is the old way to spell it. And yes, Esmerelda is also Spanish, which would make sense considering how the Spanish and Italians share so many similarities, like language, names, etc...
I don't find anything about the name Ismeralda in any Italian site I went. The name Esmeralda is a (Spanish) variant of the name Smeralda though.

This is where we got it from. http://nameberry.com/nametalk/threads/81496-Very-old-Italian-names-(girls)
Yes I saw it, but I can't still find the name Ismeralda in any Italian site I went, also name dictionaries don't mention it scratch .
I knew or at least heard most of the other names on the list and I could find them on other Italian name sites
Edit: nameberry also says it is a Spanish name http://nameberry.com/babyname/Ismeralda
Edit2: I found an interesting pdf with Italian names from the XIII century to XVI century, I can send it to you if you want
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 6:07 am

This is a complete list http://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categoria:Prenomi_italiani_femminili , if you have any doubt ask away
Note most old names are still used today with little or no variation (examples: Beatrice (see Dante), Laura (see Petrarca), Claudia (it's a Roman name or surname) and many more...)
Edit: Silvia is also an old Italian name since Roman Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:00 am

Marilia is my grandmother. Now that I think of it, her part of family (she's not) is italian... would you grace us with her name in the game? Because she's evil and wicked, and never sleeps, just like a vampire or skeleton, and uses the internet all day long and laughs really loudly (like italians), which at night makes her seem a real ghost.

Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:21 am

Cretino wrote:
and laughs really loudly (like italians)
Like some Italians Wink
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 8:26 am

Italians are goddamn loud.

Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Cretino wrote:
would you grace us with her name in the game? Pretty please?

No. You used the Lord's name in vain, so no. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Cretino wrote:
would you grace us with her name in the game? Pretty please?

No. You used the Lord's name in vain, so no. Razz
Wasnt in vain, was to make a point. Unless you think my point is invalid.

Edit: at least I didn't pick a stone name for a NPC name. Ismeralda. Or made Batman and Robin.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Vanity is a sin. And if you're guilty of it, your punishment is being embraced by clan Lasombra, so you can never see you in a mirror again. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:06 pm

Cretino wrote:
Edit: at least I didn't pick a stone name for a NPC name. Ismeralda. Or made Batman and Robin.

What's a stone name? I'm confused. scratch

And yes, vanity is not good, watch for shadows moving in your apartment. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Cretino wrote:

What's a stone name? I'm confused. scratch

And yes, vanity is not good, watch for shadows moving in your apartment. Twisted Evil
Ismeralda is the Spanish (not sure) for emerald, hence a stone name.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Esmeralda is emerald
and it's spanish.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 pm

But I didn't pick Ismeralda, I picked Ismerelda, which is not Spanish for anything.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Hear hear; his version has an extra E in turn for an A!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Hear hear; his version has an extra E in turn for an A!

Just being clear, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:47 pm

I don't think anybody minds either way, plus not everyone in a country have a traditional X name so she could still be sensibly called Ismeralda and still be Italian.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Karavolos wrote:
I don't think anybody minds either way, plus not everyone in a country have a traditional X name so she could still be sensibly called Ismeralda and still be Italian.

pale I feel better now, thanks. Cool
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 pm

According to Jack's philosophy, she should have a name with an X, so the player knows she can't be trusted.
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
According to Jack's philosophy, she should have a name with an X, so the player knows she can't be trusted.
Ixmeralda lol!
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:00 pm

MxM wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ixmeralda lol!

Good call! I'll get started on implementing her name to the quest! clown
Back to top Go down
MxM
Methuselah
Methuselah
MxM

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ixmeralda lol!

Will she be a Giovanni or one of the other families?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ixmeralda lol!

Noooo!!!

Keep it correctly spelled please! I am a bad case of a grammar Nazi and would not be able to sleep if you spell it like that!

lol!

Last edited by Feral on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : *%?^%$ typo!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Cretino
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Cretino

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 5:24 pm

Feral wrote:
Zer0Morph wrote:
MxM wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Ixmeralda lol!

Noooo!!!

Ceep it correctly spelled please! I am a bad case of a grammar Nazi and would not be able to sleep if you spell it like that!

lol!
Yeah!!! Either Ismeralda, or Marillia!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silvia Black   Silvia Black - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silvia Black
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5