Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite vampire films

Go down 
+11
UncleCruncle
Feral
Jad.3
Dragatus
Zer0Morph
Claudia
kyoden
Aphrodite
Shabutaro
ThePhilosopher
Bloodstone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

Favourite vampire films Empty
PostSubject: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Having a reasonable collection of vampire related films myself, I was wondering

what the members here, favourites were.

Some of mine are:

Nosferatu (1922)
Dracula (1958) Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing
Near Dark (1987)
The Lost Boys. (1987)
Let The Right One In (2008)
Shadow Of The Vampire (2000)
Salem’s Lot (1979) TV mini series
Count Dracula (1977) BBc mini series Starring Louis Jourdan probably the closest adaption of Stokers book to date.
Fight Night (1985)
The Brides Of Dracula (1960) Peter Cushing
Blade (1998)
Vampires (1998) James Woods
Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Some of these movies are five times older than i...
Back to top Go down
Bloodstone
Elder
Elder
Bloodstone

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:12 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:

Well I grew up in 60s. Watching Hammer horror films. Which I still think were some of the best made.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:56 am

I don't really know many vampire films.. I would say Blade.. maybe 30 Days and Nights.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Ancillae
Ancillae
Aphrodite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Shabutaro wrote:
I don't really know many vampire films.. I would say Blade.. maybe 30 Days and Nights.

30 Days and Night is awesome, Zer0 and I love that movie!! Zer0 probably more than I. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:50 pm

I have to think qute long to skim through all the vampire films I've seen and to be honest I have to check some of the older ones out too (50's and lower).

There was once a TV series that was very close to the original WoD setting. Clan Ventura instead of Ventrue Smile
Edit: Checked it. Its Kindred: The Embraces (8 episodes, 1996)

Underworld is entertaining (at least the first 3).
Some scenes in Blade (Blood Feast party anyone?!)
I have to watch Near Dark again. Was completely drunk, so this doesn't count ^^

I enjoy some of the True Blood scenes if they do not include any non-vampire characters Smile

Dunno, some that don't come to my mind now.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Ancillae
Ancillae
Aphrodite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:04 pm

kyoden wrote:

I enjoy some of the True Blood scenes if they do not include any non-vampire characters Smile

I used to love watching True Blood now I just think its annoying. I do agree the vampire scenes are better.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Kindred the Embraced is actually Masquerade based (they say it in the openings! they paid the rights and everything) and the clans are actually accurate. But the Tremere and the Malkavian do not exist (probably too much of a hassle to incorporate in the story).

It was a nice early 90's series, but because it is early 90's, it makes people like me laugh. It did not transcend its decade to become greatness (like Xfiles did, or Daria).

The series died because the hero died in a moto accident. Oops.

Nobody has said "Interview with the Vampire", back then Cruise and Pitt were actually good ?
Frankly, that movie has haunted me for years before I could actually settle and watch it. I lol'd so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Jepp, Interview is quete well as well. Just is an opinion what you expect while watching a vampire movie. More monster or more hunter.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am

Aphrodite wrote:
30 Days and Night is awesome, Zer0 and I love that movie!! Zer0 probably more than I. Very Happy

This is true, Aphrodite and I both love that movie! What's funny is we've never actually seen it.... together, lol.

kyoden wrote:
There was once a TV series that was very close to the original WoD setting. Clan Ventura instead of Ventrue Smile
Edit: Checked it. Its Kindred: The Embraces (8 episodes, 1996)

Some scenes in Blade (Blood Feast party anyone?!)

I own all 8 Kindred Episodes. It was a decent show but they took many liberties with it that aren't true to the pen n paper game. They also go outside when it's day time all the time which drove me nuts (At least they didn't sparkle). Plus all of the clans can turn into wolves which made no sense, and the Ventrue prince had "Earth Meld"?!?! WTF?!?!?

The song that plays in the first Blade movie at the beginning during the Blood Feast also plays in Club Glaze in Chinatown (Easter Egg).

I bought the first 2 seasons of True Blood then downloaded the third and fourth. By the end of the fourth Episode the show drove me nuts. If I had to hear "What ARE you??" and Sookies response "I'm a waitress, hehe", I was going to puke!!
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:38 am

Zer0Morph wrote:

I own all 8 Kindred Episodes. It was a decent show but they took many liberties with it that aren't true to the pen n paper game. They also go outside when it's day time all the time which drove me nuts (At least they didn't sparkle). Plus all of the clans can turn into wolves which made no sense, and the Ventrue prince had "Earth Meld"?!?! WTF?!?!?

Sounds like all the kindred of that city invested heavily in Fortitude and Protean. And while Protean probably isn't that common in WoD, it's not nearly as exclusive as Thaumaturgy or Vissectitude.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:49 am

I'm too much of a reactionnary bitch to even try True Blood <_<
Actually the main problem I'm facing is the "positive discrimination" that it's all having. Vampires are racists, mysoginists and assholes ; apart from the last part, they do not represent an accurate sample of the population's diversity Very Happy
(Not that I mind black kindred, it's just that.. they don't happen too much because kindred are openly discriminative and they don't embrace with quotas in mind)

Oh, don't you mean "vicissitude" ? (Tzi-mis-ce.. It's not that hard Very Happy)

Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 am

Just watched "Stake Land/Vampire Nation" yesteday. Different take on Vampires (more degenerated, etc). Feels like a Zombie movie with more powerful zeds.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:08 am

Vampires = Zombies

Zombies are people too !
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:24 am

But quite interesting tactics. Some religious fanatics have helicopters and planes. The have bloodthirsty vampires tied to their bottom side and throw them out like bombs over small settlements if they don't follow their idea ... a nasty (un)living bomb ...
Back to top Go down
Jad.3
Caine
Caine
Jad.3

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 pm

ThePhilosopher wrote:
That coming from an Antediluvian... Smile

Kindred the Embraced died because it sucked big time. Good ridance.
Bram Stoker's Dracula anyone?
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
ThePhilosopher wrote:
That coming from an Antediluvian... Smile

16 y. o. Antediluvian? You found and sucked [Tzimisce], or paid a suprise visit to uncle Auggie the Pasta Seller, Philo? Twisted Evil

Jad.3 wrote:

Kindred the Embraced died because it sucked big time. Good ridance.
Bram Stoker's Dracula anyone?

Orginal Dracula was The Vampire Movie.

I must admit my romance with VtM and WoD in general started by accidentaly watching one of the first episodes of Kindred the Embraced, though. Just cause it was on the TV when I had turned it on. Laughing
Back to top Go down
UncleCruncle
Ancillae
Ancillae
UncleCruncle

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Van Helsing is set in this genre more or less, Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale in the SAME movie, I want them in a sequel!
AAAAAIGHT!
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 am

UncleCruncle wrote:
Van Helsing is set in this genre more or less, Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale in the SAME movie, I want them in a sequel!
AAAAAIGHT!

Never watched it, is it good? I only know Hellsing (Anime) and Faith the Van Hellsing Chronicles (audio book).
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Let The Right One In (2008)

Really good one. Just saw it for the first time a few minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 am

I might have missed someone's comment on this but Did you guys every see the series "Forever Knight" I use to love that show. I have season 1-3. It's a tad cheesy but I love it anyways. "30 days of Night" "Stake Land" The new "Salem's Lot" I'm not a fan of rob lowe but I did love that school bus of kids crawling along the windows and ceiling while they closed in on the driver. That was classic! LOL The original "Fright Night" and I have to admit I'm a sucker for "Fright Night 2"
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 am

Btw, i never watched it but what about Lesbian Vampire Killers? Very Happy The summary is nice looking ^^
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:11 am

Lesbian Vampire Killers ... not that good. Even for sth satire/comedy like. Too less boobs.
Back to top Go down
Shabutaro
Methuselah
Methuselah
Shabutaro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:21 pm

kyoden wrote:
Lesbian Vampire Killers ... not that good. Even for sth satire/comedy like. Too less boobs.

damn it.. was getting my hopes up..
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
I might have missed someone's comment on this but Did you guys every see the series "Forever Knight" I use to love that show. I have season 1-3. It's a tad cheesy but I love it anyways. "30 days of Night" "Stake Land" The new "Salem's Lot" I'm not a fan of rob lowe but I did love that school bus of kids crawling along the windows and ceiling while they closed in on the driver. That was classic! LOL The original "Fright Night" and I have to admit I'm a sucker for "Fright Night 2"

You named some good shows/movies! 30 Days of Night was good but I still love the original Salem's Lot. The remake was actually pretty good too, pretty creepy! I own all 3 Fright Night movies, love them all! Actually the dude in Fright Night 2 played "Eddie Fiori" the Brujah Primogen in Kindred: The Embraced. Ever notice that? LOL
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Favourite vampire films Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite vampire films
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next