Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Favourite vampire films

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
I might have missed someone's comment on this but Did you guys every see the series "Forever Knight" I use to love that show. I have season 1-3. It's a tad cheesy but I love it anyways. "30 days of Night" "Stake Land" The new "Salem's Lot" I'm not a fan of rob lowe but I did love that school bus of kids crawling along the windows and ceiling while they closed in on the driver. That was classic! LOL The original "Fright Night" and I have to admit I'm a sucker for "Fright Night 2"

You named some good shows/movies! 30 Days of Night was good but I still love the original Salem's Lot. The remake was actually pretty good too, pretty creepy! I own all 3 Fright Night movies, love them all! Actually the dude in Fright Night 2 played "Eddie Fiori" the Brujah Primogen in Kindred: The Embraced. Ever notice that? LOL

I know I might have slapped myself by saying that but I just have to see this "Kindred: The Embraced" y'all keep talking about. I never saw it! It's bumming me out. HA HA HA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1889
Join date : 2010-09-11
Age : 34
Location : near Prague

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 am

aneumann01 wrote:
I know I might have slapped myself by saying that but I just have to see this "Kindred: The Embraced" y'all keep talking about. I never saw it! It's bumming me out. HA HA HA
Don't. It'll burn your eyes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 253
Join date : 2012-03-02
Age : 35
Location : Kentucky, USA

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm

Jad.3 wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
I know I might have slapped myself by saying that but I just have to see this "Kindred: The Embraced" y'all keep talking about. I never saw it! It's bumming me out. HA HA HA
Don't. It'll burn your eyes out.

Is it that bad or is it that good? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm

It's kitch and it's very early 90's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5129
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:18 pm

It's early 90s. What's that supposed to say? That the story isn't completely written for the benefit of the CGI guys? Laughing

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:25 pm

Shocked Most of my favourites have already been mentioned however one that wasn't was Dracula 2001. I really liked the fact that they took an old story and put a different twist on it that I haven't seen in another film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah


Posts : 478
Join date : 2010-10-03
Age : 25
Location : Normandy SR-2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:10 pm

eye of the divine wrote:
Shocked Most of my favourites have already been mentioned however one that wasn't was Dracula 2001. I really liked the fact that they took an old story and put a different twist on it that I haven't seen in another film.

The twist certainly is interesting, different than going for Stoker's traditional route. However, one thing the movie doesn't do very well is the treatment of the Vampires themselves. Beyond the man himself, they have a few characters that seem to like the fact that they've been turned, but oh no, can't have them running around when your trying to hunt down the original. Not to mention that it goes along with the other movies that have Vampires, but the plot requires that the exist on the border between faction and simple enemy, having Dracula himself on the faction side, and the others on the enemy side. But at the end it kinda has the story fall on itself once again(at least considering that most Dracula movies I've seen, has him fail at getting what he wants, no matter how sympathetic he might be).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny


Posts : 1375
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 27
Location : Essex, United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Maxus Corvin wrote:
eye of the divine wrote:
Shocked Most of my favourites have already been mentioned however one that wasn't was Dracula 2001. I really liked the fact that they took an old story and put a different twist on it that I haven't seen in another film.

The twist certainly is interesting, different than going for Stoker's traditional route. However, one thing the movie doesn't do very well is the treatment of the Vampires themselves. Beyond the man himself, they have a few characters that seem to like the fact that they've been turned, but oh no, can't have them running around when your trying to hunt down the original. Not to mention that it goes along with the other movies that have Vampires, but the plot requires that the exist on the border between faction and simple enemy, having Dracula himself on the faction side, and the others on the enemy side. But at the end it kinda has the story fall on itself once again(at least considering that most Dracula movies I've seen, has him fail at getting what he wants, no matter how sympathetic he might be).

Granted there are many flaws with how certain things happen/are done. However it's not the worst vampire film I've ever seen not by a long shot. Plus no film can make the whole audience happy for the most part it is at least one of those films I can sit down and just watch; some films are so bad I have to just give up but at least with this interpretation it's interesting enough to keep me watching the whole way through.

Although one of my biggest pet peeves with it was the fact that they didn't really provide much personality to the others he sired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Favourite vampire films   Today at 5:29 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Favourite vampire films
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Vampire Counts Blood Knights
» Vampire Counts Arachnarok
» Favourite Candy?
» Vampire Counts question
» Whats your favourite dessert?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Team Camarilla International Forum :: The TCI Community Dark Room-
Jump to: