Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mod idea+expansion...

Go down 
+8
aneumann01
Childe of Malkav
Karavolos
Zer0Morph
Claudia
dinko
Shabutaro
blacktiti89
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Interesting debate going on here. Canon vs. Newly Madeup Content. Who's right? I dunno but I can't wait to see the replies! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:00 pm

I personally tend to stick to canon, but that doesn't mean that I think people can't write fan fics or whatever without having to set themselves on fire shortly after for not going by the book.

But yeah, I favour those who use the canon rules and terms unless the fan fic is pulled off really well, and even then I'd largely prefer if they had the vast majority of everything that makes a universe what it is in place.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Canon sometimes suck because it has so many different authors trying to pull the blanket to them (my city is more badass, my NPCs are more powerful, my bloodline rulz more...).

Self made can be better... If ! If only thy do the research
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Very true, but if canon sucked I would not acknowledge the universe at all, and I doubt most others would either.
Personally I also tend to disregard bullshit canon.

At any rate what I was mostly trying to say was that I prefer fan fics that don't stray too far from, if nothing else, the core of the canon.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Karavolos wrote:

But yeah, I favour those who use the canon rules and terms unless the fan fic is pulled off really well, and even then I'd largely prefer if they had the vast majority of everything that makes a universe what it is in place.

That is what I've tried to stick to, if nothing else. Not that I've gotten the idea in my head to try and do anything even close to TFN. If you are going to write a story that is set in a certain universe, my thinking would be do stick as close to the canon of that universe as possible. If any point I've made isn't, then I'd either consider it a change done to fit the story, or edit the part completely.

As for this, I'd say it isn't the best approach. If you write the characters first, then you'll run into a problem, if some point in your story conflicts with either the character's back story, or the character just won't fit into it. Of course, if it is a character for a side quest, then it might not matter as much, but still.
Back to top Go down
Cyberghost
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 am

Quote :
Self made can be better... If ! If only thy do the research
Exactly

To build a house, you need basis
Back to top Go down
blacktiti89
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

instead of Caine,maybe add Lilith as the final boss.She seems as an ancient vampire figure of sorts and I dont know too much about this either....what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Cyberghost
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 am

Lilith was the first wife of Adam. Lilith represents mother of all demons. And she was the one that showed Caine the power of blood. Adding her as boss would be some mary shit sue god mode.

Food for thought
Third generation antediluvian could fuck whole town while sneezing. To make it wander around tricking some few year old fledge in doing shit for him is the same logic as vampire going to high school Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Not to mention 13 (or more...) such Antediluvians had to humbly accepr Caine's curses after killing 2nd Generation. They could not do as much as to touch their Grandsire. Without being dusted, anyway...
And Lilith was Cain's teacher... 2nd generation Cainites were no match for her. She was able to elbow Lucifer out of her way.

Man, boss fighting is OK, but get smaller... Mathusaleh would be a gross overkill on a fledgling. It would be like calling heavy artillery barrage on a rabid chipmunk. Don't go lower than, say 5th, 6th Generation and everything would be only aradous, nearly impossible, nigh suicidal nightmare of a task. It should take a Neonate good few centuries and a lot of Amaranth to get power to do it. And not getting dusted for said Amaranth.
Back to top Go down
Zer0Morph
Caine
Caine
Zer0Morph

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Feral wrote:
rabid chipmunk.

Why not just use this Rabid Chipmunk you were talking about, as the Final Boss!!! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://camarillaedition.darkbb.com
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Zer0Morph wrote:
Feral wrote:
rabid chipmunk.

Why not just use this Rabid Chipmunk you were talking about, as the Final Boss!!! bounce
That would be quite feral...
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:42 pm

LOL I can imagine the cut scene. Out of the shadows Demon Alvin emerges with his freddy claws and starts zipping around all over the place like he had a mega latte. He jumps on you and claws at your eyes, gnaws on your head, climbs down your shirt and busts out of a hole in your pants. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 5:56 pm

aneumann01 wrote:
LOL I can imagine the cut scene. Out of the shadows Demon Alvin emerges with his freddy claws and starts zipping around all over the place like he had a mega latte. He jumps on you and claws at your eyes, gnaws on your head, climbs down your shirt and busts out of a hole in your pants. LMAO
And every time you try to hit him, you only hurt yourself, because he is already somewhere else. Laughing

- geek
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:45 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
aneumann01 wrote:
And every time you try to hit him, you only hurt yourself, because he is already somewhere else. Laughing

- geek
I love it. Maybe you're character says "duh" when he hits himself. LMAO Too funny
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Be fair please Smile

He almost has selected all impossible to play against figures. Give him another 20 tries and we might get into a reasonable change. Its like if he want to have a kinfolk, garou, mage ghoul nsc we should fight against .... wait .... damn you WW.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 12:58 pm

kyoden wrote:
Be fair please Smile

He almost has selected all impossible to play against figures. Give him another 20 tries and we might get into a reasonable change. Its like if he want to have a kinfolk, garou, mage ghoul nsc we should fight against .... wait .... damn you WW.

Samuel Haight?
*Earth Melds*
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:03 pm

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscOWOD/SamuelHaight.pdf

Be afraid.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:57 pm

Claudia wrote:
http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscOWOD/SamuelHaight.pdf

Be afraid.

That guy should be fed to Uncle Auggie or [Tzimisce]. Maybe rather the latter.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Such a fucking freakin monster ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mod idea+expansion...   mod idea+expansion... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

mod idea+expansion...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2