Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Media Hit (Quest)

Go down 
+3
Childe of Malkav
aneumann01
Cyberghost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyberghost
Fledgling
Fledgling

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 am

1. Your character got caught on tape, that hit's 3 masquerade violations

You figure out what trigger's it. The idea was to make skyline apartments as location for that, cuz someone has a video log at the beasement right? Let's say the guy caught you on tape, doing something undoubtedly exposing vampire nature.

2. Right after you're caught, camera become's visible. (So you would understand where to start investigation)

Auto focus on hidden camera or smth like that

3. You run to the basement, to check the computer, you hack it, you find a file and you can delete it, but there's a message that says that copy has been sent to somebody already, so you have to hunt it, to get 3 masquerade redemptions + exp

Well you figure out the rest depending on how and what you wan't, or can do. Can be made for npc's, can be made trough hacking pc's. The TV broadcaster could be brought to life out of tv and get involved in this if you can and like to do so

Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:12 am

Cyberghost wrote:
1. Your character got caught on tape, that hit's 3 masquerade violations

You figure out what trigger's it. The idea was to make skyline apartments as location for that, cuz someone has a video log at the beasement right? Let's say the guy caught you on tape, doing something undoubtedly exposing vampire nature.

2. Right after you're caught, camera become's visible. (So you would understand where to start investigation)

Auto focus on hidden camera or smth like that

3. You run to the basement, to check the computer, you hack it, you find a file and you can delete it, but there's a message that says that copy has been sent to somebody already, so you have to hunt it, to get 3 masquerade redemptions + exp

Well you figure out the rest depending on how and what you wan't, or can do. Can be made for npc's, can be made trough hacking pc's. The TV broadcaster could be brought to life out of tv and get involved in this if you can and like to do so

Three violations at once? I don't know that wouldn't be in keeping with the masquerade system. One violation= a slash. Getting caught up in camera footage hardly seems worth three. Great idea though. I like that!
Back to top Go down
Cyberghost
Fledgling
Fledgling

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes 3 violation's if you are caught on camera, because if you're on video it can go world wide.

And yeah, if you haven't watched the masquerade points, you may suddenly end up dead. And yeah, It could be good part of the quest. Let's say after you got on camera, you have to track down video and delete it from computers at random locations, and hunters should make it hard to get around. That would be the easiest way to implement quest. Just trough computers. But if so that Newscaster will have to find place somewhere else if he ever finds his way out of the tv. (Refering to one of discussions in some other thread)

Beside's I love the unexpected death possibilities. It makes a this game to feel more realistic. Like this one time. I led Ash trough the sewers. Shot the last hunter. Ran up to railroad to pick up ammunition and got hit by a train. I mean...seriously in what kind of game you can randomly get hit by a train? Very Happy

Or a falling elevator... I bet you all have tasted that peace of heavy steel during your first run trough ocean house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aneumann01
Methuselah
Methuselah
aneumann01

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Cyberghost wrote:
Yes 3 violation's if you are caught on camera, because if you're on video it can go world wide.

And yeah, if you haven't watched the masquerade points, you may suddenly end up dead. And yeah, It could be good part of the quest. Let's say after you got on camera, you have to track down video and delete it from computers at random locations, and hunters should make it hard to get around. That would be the easiest way to implement quest. Just trough computers. But if so that Newscaster will have to find place somewhere else if he ever finds his way out of the tv. (Refering to one of discussions in some other thread)

Beside's I love the unexpected death possibilities. It makes a this game to feel more realistic. Like this one time. I led Ash trough the sewers. Shot the last hunter. Ran up to railroad to pick up ammunition and got hit by a train. I mean...seriously in what kind of game you can randomly get hit by a train? Very Happy

Or a falling elevator... I bet you all have tasted that peace of heavy steel during your first run trough ocean house Very Happy

that's true. The first time I jumped down I was like, "What's that noise?" I looked up and BAM!!!! Lights out. LMAO
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Violations for a videotape? Honestly with all the edition software around, who believes anything seen on video to be real these days?
I'd say even a video of uncle Bruno or Andrei at work would only get comments along the line of: "Bloody good work. How did they pull that off?"

- geek
Back to top Go down
Cyberghost
Fledgling
Fledgling

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Quote :
Violations for a videotape? Honestly with all the edition software around, who believes anything seen on video to be real these days?
I'd say even a video of uncle Bruno or Andrei at work would only get comments along the line of: "Bloody good work. How did they pull that off?"

I thought about that from point of logic yes, but I gave a skeleton that are free to be pasted with flesh

Let's say, the part that get's on tape is part where you invade apartment and attack hunters. It would be an interesting chain follow up

I don't quite remember the hunter killing quest, but I think the quest was simple ''go there, kill that''

Think:

You kill hunters
Other hunters get alerted of course cuz some of their people are not picking up phone anymore
Plus these 3 violations should be triggered by default, some of their people are dead and not because of group heart attack. (They would think: Vampires obviously! Streets must be watched. Bastard must be killed)
To shake things up you are caught in action and it could be easily be added to investigation of a murder scene. Your face brought to news. Get you a lot of unnecessary popularity from police and citizens (You'd be a dangerous killer on loose) Plus hunters would know what ass exactly to stake and burn

So. while you track the tape and destroy it before it reaches light, tension among hunters would cool down since they won't get you with a red x on your head and things would turn in usual routine so you get +3 redemption & exp

Logical enough? Very Happy

P. S. I Really love that color, there's no other place it looks that good. Can't resist. *Get's in stone dodging position*

Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:10 pm

My eyes hurt

- Cool
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:34 pm

Cyberghost wrote:

P. S. I Really love that color, there's no other place it looks that good. Can't resist. *Get's in stone dodging position*[/color]

I find it easier to read than white for some reason...

Good idea overall.
Back to top Go down
kyoden
Methuselah
Methuselah
kyoden

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Looks fine for me as well. Dying from MQ breaches is soooo rare. + There are tons of redemption options (looks at Silvia Black). I wouldn't make a 3 masquerade drop at once though. Rather a timed sequence in which you have to reach certain points and delete/kill whatever. If you fail to do those you will end up with 3 breaches. And succeeding basicly only stops you from getting any more breaches.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:00 pm

So, a quest that involves someone finding out about what you are, having video on top of that. The possibly of video editing aside, maybe it should be somewhat similar to the Fu Syndicate, albeit far more threatening. Not just tricking you into a room, and doing little to kill you.

"I know what you are. You might think you have power because of what you are, but I can show you just how useless that power is."

As for a location, maybe it should start with an email, which leads you to...somewhere. If it is a good idea, then throw the ideas around. Though there might be a way to integrate the two ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down
Umbra
Fledgling
Fledgling

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 3:05 am

It's an interesting idea, and hears a way I can see to link them together. After you have committed your second violation breach, you get an email to your computer. Stating that you were caught on tape doing something... (either killing the hunters for Akeem, or killing the guy Heather brings to your apartment for you to eat. Or even caught on tape in the abandoned hospital, if you don't have the skyline apartment haven.) you get blackmailed and told to meet this person somewhere. Depending on how the dialog goes in the meet, you can either gain or lose another violation. You also find out that copies have been made of the tape, and you need to track them down and destroy them. So with each new stage of the quest, there is a chance to lose, gain, or maintain your violations.
Back to top Go down
Maxus Corvin
Methuselah
Methuselah
Maxus Corvin

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:55 am

Umbra wrote:
It's an interesting idea, and hears a way I can see to link them together. After you have committed your second violation breach, you get an email to your computer. Stating that you were caught on tape doing something... (either killing the hunters for Akeem, or killing the guy Heather brings to your apartment for you to eat. Or even caught on tape in the abandoned hospital, if you don't have the skyline apartment haven.) you get blackmailed and told to meet this person somewhere. Depending on how the dialog goes in the meet, you can either gain or lose another violation. You also find out that copies have been made of the tape, and you need to track them down and destroy them. So with each new stage of the quest, there is a chance to lose, gain, or maintain your violations.

Not bad, but I was thinking more about the character that knows about you, who is completely obsessed with the fact that Vampires exist. Not exactly to the point of wanting to be one themselves, but just enough that they want to exploit the fact. But trying to be too exuberant wouldn't work, since most Camarilla cities would have eyes on media outlets, making sure such things never make the news. So, what is the best option? A fake out. He isn't trying to get hollywood's attention, oh no. If he does, that is incidental. But if the footage would be viral, what happens? He pins it on you.

"You think you have a choice? You don't. If you don't do as I ask, then it isn't just you that will take a fall. I won't, since it won't be me they come after. It would be you. So, if you'd rather you keep whatever standing you have with the rest, you'll do as I say."

"Oh, you could just find and kill me. But I've made damn sure that if you do, you get exposed in the process. I might die, but then, so does the reputation of your kind to keep themselves hidden. They have done so well, even though Hollywood might argue that, but then, no sane human wants to admit they exist, lest they have wants of their own, or a murderous streak, along with the illusion that god cares about killing in his name. Either way, I win."

The entire thing could be linked to the Skyline apartments, with the two that already seem to be filming every one but yours.

"Holy crap. I thought I had the jackpot with Hannah, but fuck, I was wrong. It sure as hell ain't no nightly strip shows, or whores on the job, but it is something that is going to pay the bills. Vampires. Yep, that's it. I couldn't believe it at first, but then I showed it to a friend. In short, the check I've just cashed should be enough to keep those new owners off my backs about the 'repairs', at least for awhile.

I could see an alternate where the guy thinks it is interesting about a female PC feeding on heather, etc. But it all ties to a friend that is the character mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Media Hit (Quest) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Media Hit (Quest)   Media Hit (Quest) Empty

Back to top Go down

Media Hit (Quest)
Page 1 of 1