Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Auspex VS Intelligence

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

Auspex VS Intelligence Empty
PostSubject: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:17 pm

For what use is the intelligence boost provided by auspex as the Lore Books are gone? Its effect does not stays on while you log to any computer... Are there some items with minimum Intelligence requirements, or the intelligence boost from Auspex is just pointless?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:10 am

That int-bonus is a leftover from CE 1.2, when hacking was still linked to Int, and there wasn't a college yet. I know, it's a bit pointless now. But I haven't worked on the disciplies yet.
And disciplines only get shut off when you log in on the haven computer, because of Auspex and BloodBuff use along with the college. The calculations for discipline cost vs reduced study time / bloodloss rate just are not worth the efford.
For any other computer you can use the Wits bonus from Auspex and Protean as a hacking help.
For this reason, I'm going to change the Int bonus in "Insight" to hacking.

- geek
Back to top Go down
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:50 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
That int-bonus is a leftover from CE 1.2, when hacking was still linked to Int, and there wasn't a college yet. I know, it's a bit pointless now. But I haven't worked on the disciplies yet.
And disciplines only get shut off when you log in on the haven computer, because of Auspex and BloodBuff use along with the college. The calculations for discipline cost vs reduced study time / bloodloss rate just are not worth the efford.
For any other computer you can use the Wits bonus from Auspex and Protean as a hacking help.
For this reason, I'm going to change the Int bonus in "Insight" to hacking.

- geek
So you mean that the discipline shut for heaven PC is done just by you on a purpose? Is it coded somewhere via vamputil.py? Btw, I don't get the the reduced time - you mean blood spent adjustment to reflect a running Auspex?

Also, as I've written elsewhere - I'm changing for my play/mod some of the feat's summs, so in.ex. the Int is added to the Hacking feat already -> therefore I can experiment with the reduction for courses, eventually. Can you point me where to look?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am

As I said, any computer you might want to hack into allows you to use Auspex. No matter if you have linked hacking to Int or Wits.
And my purpose was to keep disciplines that cost blood out of the college.
You can find the shutdown and the other calculations in vamputil.py. There is a whole section for the college, marked by commentary lines.
Sorry no time for a long reply right now. Look into it for yourself, and ask again later

- geek
Back to top Go down
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am

Also note that the Insight from Dementation is too partially useless in its current form (because of the disabled haven's PC).
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:27 pm

XehutL wrote:
Also note that the Insight from Dementation is too partially useless in its current form (because of the disabled haven's PC).
Yep, I am aware of this. And I have already decided to change the bonus from research to hacking. I'm just not sure yet, if it should be +2 or only +1. But I tend more to +1 only, for some reasons:
-Malks have auspex as well as dementation
-Insight doesn't cost blood
-with +1, it's along the same lines as Protean gleam of the red eyes

- geek
Back to top Go down
XehutL
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:55 pm

+1 should be enough, although it is a lvl 2 discipline (but with 0 blood cost).

Btw, I've found out a solution for that 0 cost problem - cost of 1 blood with an immediate return of 1 blood seems to be working very fine so far for the Animalism, and other Disciplines will follow Smile

Btw2, and those damn passwords... isn't anyone working on some kind of randomizer? (at least to search and change offline within the txt files)

Btw3, what do you think of current ballance on Dementation VS Dominate VS other Disciplines? They both seems to me in CE vastly / much powerfull than before in vanilla and probably even more powerfull than they should be (esp. Dementation) - while I'm looking through the files on their new effects..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auspex VS Intelligence   Auspex VS Intelligence Empty

Back to top Go down

Auspex VS Intelligence
Page 1 of 1