Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Status of CE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

thanks for the updates Childe of Malkav, looking forward to everything!

What exactly are the enten schreck idle animations, anyway? I haven't played 8.0 yet because I want to experience first time through with CE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 11, 2012 9:47 am

Entenschreck is a Member of the PlanetVampire forum. He has digged out some additional, clan-specific idle animations for the pc, and made them accessible with a python script. Since they are part of the new plus patch, they will probably also appear in CE. But thers still seem to be some problems, at least for one user who has reported not to be able to end seductive feeding while one of these animations is running.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 13, 2012 2:22 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Entenschreck is a Member of the PlanetVampire forum. He has digged out some additional, clan-specific idle animations for the pc, and made them accessible with a python script. Since they are part of the new plus patch, they will probably also appear in CE. But thers still seem to be some problems, at least for one user who has reported not to be able to end seductive feeding while one of these animations is running.

- geek

thanks for personally taking the time to answer my question Smile
very cool stuff.

so the idle animations play when you don't do anything for a while, like when you just stand around? I love that kinda stuff. I hope the bugs are fixable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 am

dkmode wrote:
thanks for personally taking the time to answer my question Smile
very cool stuff.
No problem. And I probaly hadn't found that error, if you hadn't posted it.

Quote :
so the idle animations play when you don't do anything for a while, like when you just stand around? I love that kinda stuff. I hope the bugs are fixable.
Yep, at least some of them look good. You can see them already when you play the 8.0 plus patch. But the problems seem to creep up faster than they can be solved.
Well, that was to be expected, since it's a completely new feature.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Wed May 16, 2012 2:01 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
dkmode wrote:
thanks for personally taking the time to answer my question Smile
very cool stuff.
No problem. And I probaly hadn't found that error, if you hadn't posted it.

Quote :
so the idle animations play when you don't do anything for a while, like when you just stand around? I love that kinda stuff. I hope the bugs are fixable.
Yep, at least some of them look good. You can see them already when you play the 8.0 plus patch. But the problems seem to creep up faster than they can be solved.
Well, that was to be expected, since it's a completely new feature.

- geek

Very cool, thanks again. I can't wait for CE 1.6. I love you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Wed May 16, 2012 3:54 am

dkmode wrote:
...
Very cool, thanks again. I can't wait for CE 1.6. I love you!
*First takes a look at the Nossie affraid , and then his heels in the hands... albino *

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Wed May 16, 2012 6:34 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
dkmode wrote:
...
Very cool, thanks again. I can't wait for CE 1.6. I love you!
*First takes a look at the Nossie affraid , and then his heels in the hands... albino *

- geek

Oh please, I know you aren't afraid of little old me. I know you too well and I watch you too much for you to fool me!

*Slinks back into shadows*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 am

Tried playing UP 8.0 tonight for the first time, and I couldn't do it. Too much I've grown accustomed to was missing.


That's how good your mod is, Childe of Malkav. CE has spoiled me to the point that I can't play without it. Now I am COMPLETELY dependent on you! THANKS A LOT! cheers


*Slinks back into shadows*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 32
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
On another matter. What do you think about making the temple guards a bit stronger? I'd suggest katanas instead of shin-guntos, Rahe-blades instead of katanas, and flaming crossbows instead of normal ones. Also I think about a non-feeding flag at least for the red shirts.

There are so many guards to feed on and the temple is really boring, so flagging the red shirts could work out, balance-wise. More pyro crossbows would be more challenging for sure, though I'm not too sure about replacing ALL the regular crossbows. Shocked I generally play a sneaky Malk or a Nossie, though, so...

But I am really excited that 1.6 might be coming out soon! I didn't expect an update for a long time, actually. And like dkmode, I've been revisiting the vanilla version with wesp5's 8.0 patch and it's just not the same! It's terribly boring without the blood-timer, and even though I like some of the vanilla Animalism Disciplines, nothing is the same. I keep logging on to check my college courses, heh.

I was interested in the restored idle animations, but they interrupt actions where you're forced to be idle, like dancing, phone dialogue scenes, even feeding. Will that continue to be a problem, or is there a way to tweak that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Claudia
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4887
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 28
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 12:14 pm

That's something you should ask Wesp.

But yeah, agreed, that just playing UP is.. meh

Oddly, I "prefer" playing CQM without CE, because I add more difficulty to it (and I do it mainly for the story, not "for the gaming aspect" of it).

So most of the time, I run CQM in two or three different installs, I run CE, I run TFN, and I have a virgin copy somewhere in case I need to poke files

(damn dlg files haunt me !)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 pm

Sorry, I can't guarantee a new version for the end of the month. I have to edit every single map because of the idle timer and the presence dialog options.And I still have to do some of the downtown maps plus all of the santa monica and special like observatory society of leopold...

For the idle animations, there is a bit of progress. But if there isn't a real improvement, I'll leave it out.

On another matter, I got permission from burgermeister to include the Fu workaround. So if I find the files involved in it, I will include it. But I'm still not convinced to use the warrens workaround. At least not in the way it is imlemented in cqm 3.0.
But if you have good hacking, lockpicking, or inspection, you will at least have about 10 seconds more to swim up that bloody pump 118a...

And as I think I have stated already, a lot of computer passwords will be randomized. Not for email, but for other subdirs or functions.

And as a kind of "bonus", the bloodtimer works without the need for a timer on the maps now. So you can more easily use it with oter versions of the game as well. Instructions will be included.

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Sorry, I can't guarantee a new version for the end of the month.


My reaction to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s#t=0m15s



Hehe, in all seriousness, Take your time, Malkav. Genius cannot be rushed. You have us all wrapped around your malkavian finger so you could take as long as you need and we'd all probably stick around waiting like hungry dogs!

A million times thank you for your work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Fri May 18, 2012 7:39 pm

Shit, I had to dump all the work on the maps, because I didn't make some needed prechecks. And now I found out that I have created problems on some maps, but I can't figure out on which ones... No

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
buzzsaw
Ancillae
Ancillae


Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 32
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sat May 19, 2012 3:52 am

dkmode wrote:
My reaction to that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s#t=0m15s
*snerk*

I agree that it's no big deal, though. I appreciate just being able to check on the progress every now and then.

Childe of Malkav wrote:

And as a kind of "bonus", the bloodtimer works without the need for a timer on the maps now. So you can more easily use it with oter versions of the game as well. Instructions will be included.

YES.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4369
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sat May 19, 2012 6:42 am

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Shit, I had to dump all the work on the maps, because I didn't make some needed prechecks. And now I found out that I have created problems on some maps, but I can't figure out on which ones... No

- geek

Aww shit...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Feral wrote:
Childe of Malkav wrote:
Shit, I had to dump all the work on the maps, because I didn't make some needed prechecks. And now I found out that I have created problems on some maps, but I can't figure out on which ones... No

- geek

Aww shit...
That word can hardly describe my feelings when I found out. If I tried to put them in words, the keyboard would probably blow up pale

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac


Posts : 2305
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sat May 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Do you need more Lasombra shovelheads? D;
Feral! Get this man more Lasombra shovelheads! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-03-20
Age : 35
Location : Boise, Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sat May 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Malkav, I believe the word you're looking for is...

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 2:17 am

Karavolos, what do I want more shovels for? They are absolutely no fun, and don't show up on the monitor, when you leave them in a separated room for experiments. Completely useless junk.

Btw, Karavolos: *Grabs a bit of shadow, and throws it at the con vamp*

Voraxith, more like
Spoiler:
 
The other one looks too much like the green tentacled thing. I'm glad I have that secured in the cooking pot for later use. When I might need it for some reason... Twisted Evil

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cthulhu
Elder God


Posts : 42
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 89
Location : R'lyeh

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 2:33 am

You rang? I don't recall being festooned within some iron contraption designed by feeble mortal beings for increasing the temperature of no-longer living meat tissue. How odd... I thought you Malkavians were supposed to be the observant ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cultofcthulhu.net
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 799
Join date : 2012-03-20
Age : 35
Location : Boise, Idaho

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 2:39 am



Lonely at the top there, isn't it Great Lord of R'lyeh? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine


Posts : 5165
Join date : 2009-11-05
Location : Bochum, Germany

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 2:57 am

Shit, it got out. Ok, be a good elder god, and creep back to your domain...

- geek

_________________
- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine


Posts : 4369
Join date : 2010-08-15
Age : 32
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 am

*fetches Lasombra shovelhead*
*lays the shovelhead at Malkav's feet*
*looks up, tilts head and wags*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac


Posts : 2305
Join date : 2011-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 7:42 am

/Pats Feral
Good boy What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian


Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 26
Location : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Sun May 20, 2012 8:44 am

No, don't hurt the little Lasombra! Sad There must be other ways to releave your anger. Ask a Tzimisce for a few torture lessons and then practice those on him. Very Happy

Cthulhu wrote:
You rang? I don't recall being festooned within some iron contraption designed by feeble mortal beings for increasing the temperature of no-longer living meat tissue. How odd... I thought you Malkavians were supposed to be the observant ones.
A question for our great Cthulhu! If someone looks at you, they will get insane. I know that much. However, what happens when a Malkavian looks at you? Do we get sane then? Neutral In a world of insanity, the sane will be considered mad afterall......


Also, I've puppeted you to save the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heDZqsqU0hk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Status of CE   Today at 2:58 am

Back to top Go down
 
Status of CE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Servers Status Page
» My Hobby Status
» Status of CE
» Realm status website
» Realm status, and empty realms

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Community News/Media/Downloads-
Jump to: