Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) Empty
PostSubject: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) Bordeaux-rive-droite1

On the other side of the river, the Stalingrad tramway stop stops, as its name states, at the Stalingrad plaza. The neighborhood is much more recent, courtesy of the Marshall plan as the place was bombed during WW2. It's considered much more poorer and less "in". Quite residential, it mostly housed rail workers as well as immigrants working in the now-sick industry. There is an university center for logistics, management and commerce, for short specific training, but it's certainly not the same quality and resources as all others "more classical" centers are, even if they are part of one same university (Bordeaux 4, the law university).
Known for its drug traffic and its low employment, Rive Droite isn't that far away from downtown, but it's considered almost another world to Kindred, mainly because there are very few bridges, and the Stone Bridge is quite recent for them.

Brothels being illegal in France, some signs have to be shown to possible clients, mainly with outside colored lights and curtains. Now finding one especially dirty with heavy drugs and hidden masters.. It will ask some walking around and maybe asking a prostitute or two, but it shouldn't take too much time, especially if the ones coming have been used to notice the signs because of their past. After all, they certainly pay the police to overlook their activities, too.
With the map, a good guess can be that they are not in any of the biggest streets, and only a couple of smaller streets and that one deadlock about 40 yards north of their current location seem like a good place to have a HQ.

As Kindred walk in it, Kindred can easily guess and notice what looks like a crappy residential area, with three floor houses all the same and colored curtains and some lights on and off, in a sort of code. Some rails protect the sidewalks from the streets, and a couple of them are occupied by young men in jogging-style clothing, probably spotters. It's certainly alive, as a place, but it's amazingly quiet. Some music is hushed behind closed doors, like if there was a club a couple of blocks away, but the sound does come from there.
The strangest is that there are no visible women in those streets, however, a few are at the windows to have a smoke or to enjoy some fresh air. Claudia's clothing style certainly stands up, and she's there, at a third floor, observing the streets and ignoring gossip and smokers.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:53 am

Duncan steers the motorcycle down the quiet streets at a pace little faster than walking speed, while Carrion points out where to turn. The Brujah's attention is divided between his driving, and a group of young men on the sidewalk, so Carrion is the one who spots Claudia at the third floor window.

The Nosferatu taps Duncan on the shoulder, and indicates that this is the place. He pulls the bike over to an empty sidewalk, and parks. After they both get off, Duncan scoots the motorcycle against the building wall.

So, do you have a VIP card for this place?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Carrion guides Duncan through the maze of streets by tapping her arm against his side. When they finally arrive she slides off with ease and takes in her surroundings; she eyes up the group of men but seems to think nothing of them for the moment. When Duncan speaks to her she turns her attention back to him and smiles.

Do I look like a frequent this place often? I'm sure if we just say we got business with the owner it'll be fine. Not loosing your nerve now are you?
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Duncan grins at her reply.

That's it. I'm scared of those little boys on the sidewalk. Promise you'll protect me?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Carrion struggles to keep a straight face and ends up grinning back at him before replying.

Well you should be putting bricks in your handbag dearest. That way I wouldn't have to but since it slipped your mind I guess I'll be kind and protect your virtue.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Bricks... Hmm. I'll have to try that. In the meantime, shall we?

Duncan gestures toward the building with the men in front, and starts walking when Carrion does.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:50 pm

Surprisingly effective you know.

She looks over gauging both men for a moment before walking over. Her posture remains neutral as she comes to a stop in front of them.

Gentlemen, please may I speak to the proprietor if it's not too much trouble? We have urgent business to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:51 pm

The spotters have spotted, and one gave a look upstairs before entering the building. They seem relaxed, calm, and certainly unaware of anything that have happened in town.
Claudia also noticed the two kindred approaching, she leans a little to see better, signs hello, and gives a sign to the spotter as she knows them, before entering back in the building herself.

The other men give a look to both Kindred, blowing some smoke which isn't all pure tobacco. They frown slightly when they hear "business". One nods and with a slightly polite hand movement, indicate to both they can enter.

(Spotter) Sure, go on in. Third floor. But he's not alone, so knock.

Once inside, it's a Moroccan styled maison-close. The house, a triplex, in earth colors mostly, is quite private and well arranged. It's easy to imagine what can happen certain veils, mostly upstairs (downstairs seem reserved for other businesses). The stairs are in the middle, and more "life" can be heard from the above floors, mostly shared laughs and global good humor. Upstairs, kindred will find themselves in front of a closed door, which they can open. A voice will say that they can come in, right after they have finished the stairs.
The door opens to a medium sized room which looks like a living room, with other doors around, certainly other rooms, and one opened, leading to the balcony. The lights are very very scare, a true twilight has been created as the Setites are known to be quite sensitive to light. Around a low table in hexagonal form, heavily decorated, and on a nice carpet, are sitting three persons. One is Tarcisus, the second is Claudia, which is arranging herself as she sits, and the third can only be recognizable as Mephisto. The two men seemed in deep conversation, and they are smoking the chicha.
The Tremere and the Setite give a look to the door and make a "ha!" of surprise, as if someone who said they couldn't show up and finally managed to get rid of the girlfriend to join the pals for a game.

(Mephisto) Ah come on in ! Please sit. What can I do for you ?
(Tarcisus) You switched girlfriends ?

The younger Tremere seems not at ease, as if something bothered. She observes a sympathetic smile to both Duncan and Carrion, but she frowns a little as she sees the later. She says nothing, however.

Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Carrion inclines her head in thanks to the doormen and moves past them silently following their instructions to the letter; she takes in the surroundings of each floor quickly storing them away before moving on. When she arrives at her intended destination she raises her thumbless left hand to knock on the door but is interrupted before she can actually knock by their exclamation. Silently she takes in the scene before entering.

When she does enter she inclines her head respectfully to them all but does so to Claudia last and gives her less of an inclination; her eyes narrowing at the expression on her face for a fraction of a second before her own mask comes back up making her face expressionless once more as she takes a seat.

I might have to start visiting more often.

She looks around admiringly (also look to see where Duncan had got to) a small smile playing on her lips as she continuing to speak.

Looks like quite the party.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:34 pm

With a brief nod to the spotters, Duncan follows Carrion upstairs. He makes no effort to conceal his interest as he scans each floor, noting the customers and employees, in addition to the layout of the rooms.

As they reach the third floor, he hears the voice inviting them in, and nods to himself. When the Nosferatu opens the door and enters, Duncan follows her again, although he doesn't sit immediately. He does, however, approach the table, and give a slight bow to Tarcisus and the other male Kindred, as well as Claudia.

Good evening to everyone. He turns his head to face Tarcisus, and a slight smile causes the corner of his mouth to twitch upward into a crooked smile. I'm afraid another Kindred caught the young lady's eye, although I'm certain he is regretting this fact about now. Fortunately, Mlle. Charogne here invited me to join her.

Duncan's gaze returns to the Setite, and he adds: We had a few questions, and possibly some news, if you haven't heard already. I hope we're not interrupting anything.

As he finishes his last statement, Duncan will take a seat between the Setite and Claudia.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Claudia stares back at Carrion as she salutes her, but she doesn't speak. She barely seemed to notice Duncan sitting close to her. She still has that picnic basket she had earlier. The Setite indicates to Carrion that she should close the door.
(Mephisto) Come on in, come on in, sit. A party, yes, kind of, we're celebrating our long awaited reunion. We're lacking some girls to truly make this a party but the Tremere are way too stiff...
(Tarcisus) Not in front of the children, please !

The Lord feigns shock, then laughs.
(Tarcisus) Duncan, right ? Well, how does it feel to have been dumped by a Toreador ?
(Mephisto) Oh let them talk their business before, my friend, then we'll have some fun. Ignore mister naphthalene here, and I'll answer your questions. But first, Claudia, would you mind doing us the favor ?

The Tremere finishes staring at Carrion, as she hears her name. She gives a look to the Setite, before understanding. She gives another look to the other three, then nods. She seems to doubt an instant.
(Claudia) Yes, of course... Mephisto, this is Carrion, one of the Nosferatu which works for their hotline. And this is Duncan Oliver, a newcomer of the Brujah Clan.
(Mephisto) Excellent ! Still as well trained, despite the rudeness of what serves as your sire. I'm Mephisto. Ask your questions and share your news, then.

The Setite seems in a good mood, and while he speaks with a certain familiarity, and he shows he's in his house, he isn't that much imposing. He sounds happy, and probably is. He and Tarcisus share knowing looks, and they do seem like old friends, or at least, old colleagues.

Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Carrion closes the door with an almost silent click before taking her seat again; she sits so that she can see everyone and the door with little difficulty. She can't help but smile when Tarcisus speaks for the first time; she couldn't help but agree that in his eyes they probably were like children when compared to himself.

Carrion is painfully aware of Claudia's eyes on her throughout this exchange but chooses to ignore it for the moment. When introduced she gives him a small wave but remains silent until finding it appropriate to speak.

I'll let Duncan spill the beans I think since he was there, my questions are not as important and can wait a while longer.

Auspex 2 or Perception+Subterfuge > 5:

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

When Tarcisus tries to be funny, Duncan smiles a bit but says nothing, not wanting to interrupt either Mephisto or Claudia. He raises an eyebrow in surprise as Carrion volunteers him to speak first, but after pausing to look at her a moment, he nods and turns back to their hosts.

To sum it up, there have been several Sabbat attacks this evening. One of them was at St. Eloi, the old Tremere chantry; others took place in Theodore Jacob's domain. I was at St. Eloi with Miriel, the Toreador that Lord Tarcisus mentioned, and we were talking to Regent Kersten when someone rammed a car into the front door, blowing it open. The culprits seemed surprised by our presence. There were only three of them, and even without my and Miri's help, Kersten would have been in no danger, especially with Rufus there. We took one prisoner; Miri and Lyle are questioning him now.

I heard a few news reports, but I don't know if the Sabbat attacked any other Camarilla holdings. However, I did notice a lack of any excitement on this side of the river. Have your people heard anything about this? As he asks the question, Duncan turns to face Mephisto with an expression of mild curiosity on his face.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:24 pm

When Duncan raises his eyebrow at her she gives him a small nod of encouragement but says nothing more as he begins to tell the others of what has taken place. Whilst he speaks she watches their faces trying to gauge their reactions to the news to see if she can glean any insights or emotions. If they were to look at her at this time they would notice how comfortable she is in the darkness but her face remains quite expressionless but her posture has relaxed somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:08 am

All smiles disappear as Duncan gives out the news. The Setite shakes his head with a certain sadness, or disapproval.
(Mephisto) Well, the party is over. I've heard nothing about any of that, but I'll ask everyone to keep an eye open, if anything. Anyone trying to break in the old chantry is gonna have a bad time. And anyone pissing Jacob off is also gonna have a bad time (probably shorter, but not less painful).

The Lord approves and crosses his arms, frowning.
(Tarcisus) It doesn't matter it's not my kids' home anymore, I built it myself with safety in mind. We'll know soon enough, if Lyle's leading the interrogation. Jacob is well capable of dealing with his territory...

Claudia looks shocked, then slightly scared. She stands up and goes back to the balcony as she takes out her phone.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:43 am

All faces around the table turn somber; yet Duncan just shrugs. As he turns and speaks to Mephisto, his regret seems sincere.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I was hoping that you would have some light to shed on this mess, to help us understand why only certain locations were hit. But I suppose that was asking too much. Maybe Carrion will have better luck with her questions.

To Tarcisus:
You probably already figured this out, but Regent Kersten is in fine. He and I caught a few bullets, but that was easily healed. There shouldn't be any Masquerade trouble from this. These attacks seemed to be more of a nuisance than anything, which makes me wonder why the Sabbat even bothered.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Carrion silently excuses herself and follows Claudia out to the balcony pulling her own phone from her pocket as she goes. When she reaches the balcony she stands a respectful distance from Claudia and begins slowly writing a text message.

Claudia:

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:21 pm

The Setite raises en eyebrow in suspicion, sounding slightly more aggressive towards Duncan.
(Mephisto) Certainly the Independent clans are always to be interrogated. Why would I know of why the Sabbat attacked ?

He sighs, and calms down. It was barely noticeable, but the body language did not lie.
(Mephisto) Look, Jacob's domain is Jacob's domain, and none of us have any interest in knowing what happens in our neighbors' yard. Especially since we aren't really on his whitelist. His interests are mainly in the criminal world, like us, but we have little similarities ; not the same spheres. My guess is that they had limited resources and chose to attack smaller interests than directly the biggest Elysiums. And since the Brujah are always find themselves first in line, they're probably trying to make holes in their ranks ; or at least, in their backups.
(Tarcisus) My thoughts too. I know Lyle is fine, I would have felt it if something had happened to him. A mere ambush isn't something that would take him down, anyway, considering he has lived in the Carpathians. Rufus' existence is not a secret, but it's not something everyone knows.

The Tremere stands up, using his cane. He didn't care much about Claudia and Carrion leaving to the balcony.
(Tarcisus) I'll go back to the Hotel and give a hand to my sodalis.

The Setite nods to his friend and addresses the Brujah once more.
(Mephisto) I'll move a few strings, see of anything pops up. Have you got any number I could contact you with, should we find anything ?

The younger Tremere gives a slight smile to Carrion as she sees her text. She makes a sign, something certainly meaning "we'll talk later" and turns a little, as if that would allow her some privacy. Whoever is she calling has responded.
(Claudia) Ah ! It's me. I heard.. Are you all right ? I'm relieved, then. Yes, yes, I'll stay safe. I'll call you back later.

Auspex 1, acute sense : hearing:

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Storyteller:
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Mikael:
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Carrion listens silently to the conversations and is typing her text.

Pierre:

Claudia:

Auspex 2 or Perception + Subterfuge >5:

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 6:48 pm

The Tremere signs someone down the street and smiles slightly a second to the Nosferatu. She shakes her head slightly as she hangs up, and passed the surprise as she understands the second text written in front of her, she sighs apologetically.
(Claudia) I would rather not be spied upon, miss...

She's willingly missing the name.

Carrion:
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:05 pm

Call me Carrion everyone does...It wasn't intentional trust me.

She smiles slightly and taps her ear on the side that Claudia is standing. Her phone vibrates as she does so and she answers with her free hand.

Pierre:

I hear sometimes when I don't want to my apologies if it came across as intentional.

She shifts uncomfortably under Claudia's eyes.

Back to top Go down
ThePhilosopher
Caine
Caine
ThePhilosopher

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:21 pm

There's a knock on the door, followed by a man slowly opening it. He wears a fine black shirt and blazer, and gives a respectful bow to both Mephisto and Claudia when he enters. He then proceeds to Tarcisus, and kiss his hand.

He does not sit, prefearing to stand at the side of Tarcisus. As he scans the room, and is somewhat surprised to see it so crowded, but he makes no attempt to try to introduce himself

Please continue, he says, to no one in particular
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:00 pm

When Mephisto becomes insulted, Duncan shakes his head slightly and gives a conciliatory gesture with his right hand.

That's not how I meant it. Your people have access to sources we don't. The fact that the Sabbat didn't attack in force, and only certain locations were hit, tells me that it was either a diversion, or they were looking for something or someone. Since I haven't heard of any follow-up attacks, that seems to rule out the diversion theory. I doubt the Sabbat would attack you guys anyway -- that might push you off of the fence, onto our side. No, they'd rather have you stay neutral until they run us out... then they would put the pressure on.

I said as much to Theodore earlier. You can ask the Nosferatu; she was there. Duncan glances over to the balcony, where Carrion is texting someone on her phone. Well, you ccan ask when she gets off the phone.

The Brujah takes out a plain business card, with a phone number on it, and hands it to Mephisto.

Yes, please let me know if you hear anything. I know I'm not exactly the most highly-placed emissary. I'm the new guy in town, trying to get established; so I volunteered to pay you guys a visit. I know Theo has no desire to come here. Duncan chuckles, remembering the elder Brujah's words. But when I told him my plans, he thought it was a good idea.

Before Mephisto can reply, there's a knock at the door. A brown-haired man, dressed in what appears to be black tie apparel, enters the room and bows to both Mephisto and Claudia; then he walks up to Tarcisus and kisses the elder Tremere's hand.

As the newcomer takes his place beside Tarcisus, and offhandedly bids everyone to continue, Duncan's eyebrows furrow slightly. Then he shrugs, obviously dismissing it from his thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)   Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis) Empty

Back to top Go down

Setite territory : Rive Droite (bis)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next