Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning

Go down 
+11
XehutL
Nachtrae
ThePhilosopher
Voraxith
Karavolos
Feral
Meowolf
Dragatus
Duncan.Oliver
Claudia
Childe of Malkav
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:16 pm

I think my english isn't that bad or at least I understand most of the text what I read but when I hear
Grouts records I give up after the first sentences.

Quote :
The game is built in a way that it is, indeed, a curse.

At least you have an instructor who start explaining it in a positiv viewpoint.
Many kindred aren't that lucky.

Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:32 pm

No, I mean, the Pen and Paper game. The setting, the history of the World of Darkness, actually states that Caine is real, antediluvians are real, the supernatural exists, God exists, the Bible is (fairly) factual, etc.

So yes, it "is" a curse. But there are lots of people that, in the setting, do not believe it. Atheists think god doesn't exist. Scientists believe in evolution. And science is also brought to Kindred's myths and legends. Kindred born into the crusades will take their beliefs into unlife, like Beckett explains, and they create their own mythology, history, legends and else. And truth becomes twisted, as narration and "I heard what he said the other said a few years ago".. You see, that's how a story about a flood that almost killed a king, which then made a big sacrifice to thank the gods that he survived, became the Flood.
And kindred born in the Victorian Era will take new science and else.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I concur. Malks are typically very intelligent and very observant. There's a reason one of the more typical Malk stereotypes is that of mad doctor/scientist. However, very few people will ever take a Lunatic seriously, so I could definitely see a penalty to Persuasion much more than I could Research or anything like that. Just my $0.02 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 pm

And it would fit better the babble talk they gave the malkie PC in the game... They never state the PC can't focus, or has focus issues of any kind. They went with the strange talk.
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Quote :
I concur. Malks are typically very intelligent and very observant. There's a reason one of the more typical Malk stereotypes is that of mad doctor/scientist.

Actually no, thats no correct. The stereotypical mad doctor/scientist are the Tremere.
They have at least two or more path which deals with science. The Malcavian are more the prophet-type.

I also doubt the kindred prioritize intelligence when it comes to the choice of emprace. Sure intelligent people would be possible,
but it's hard to believe that insanity has favourite types.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:45 pm

Claudia wrote:
And it would fit better the babble talk they gave the malkie PC in the game... They never state the PC can't focus, or has focus issues of any kind. They went with the strange talk.
On that basis I agree. On the other hand, if I recall right, I suggested a persuasion penalty myself not so long ago, and getting smashed for it, because it doesn't account for the wide range of the Malks madness. So persuasion it is. What do you think is better? -2, or capping it at some level, or -1 and capping?

And all of you who started quoting Grout were correct. Recalling his records about the voices was what gave me the idea for the Research penalty.

Voraxith wrote:
I concur. Malks are typically very intelligent and very observant. There's a reason one of the more typical Malk stereotypes is that of mad doctor/scientist.
Alichino wrote:
Actually no, thats no correct. The stereotypical mad doctor/scientist are the Tremere.
They have at least two or more path which deals with science. The Malcavian are more the prophet-type.
I doubt very much that any Tremere would embrace someone who could qualify for MAD doctor. I think, here Voraxith is right.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Alichino wrote:
I think my english isn't that bad or at least I understand most of the text what I read but when I hear
Grouts records I give up after the first sentences.
Well, you have to get used to his voice and the way he has spoken the records. But then it's quite easy to understand...
Or perhaps you have to hear the voices yourself to understand him. HaaR Huar HARR hAaR

Quote :
Quote :

Who are you talking about here. Don't say Grout now...

- geek
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Grout has a lovely voice and he's kinda very easy to understand, though I had to turn subtitles on cuz some words he use are psycho-slang.
Khm. Guess I'm kinda malkie then -)
Back to top Go down
http://vk.com/id140084046
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Voraxith

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
Quote :
Quote :

Who are you talking about here. Don't say Grout now...

- geek

I think they're referring to Jack.
Back to top Go down
Dragatus
Caine
Caine
Dragatus

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:56 am

The problem with a Persuasion penalty for Malkavians is that it won't make much difference. I already never invest into Persuasion as a Malkie because in most cases I can use Dementation instead and I'm always leveling that up anyway.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:58 am

Persuasion does, as I recall, have a few options that Dominate/Dementation doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:30 am

Quote :
I doubt very much that any Tremere would embrace someone who could qualify for MAD doctor. I think, here Voraxith is right.

Ok first of all we shoul calriry the term "mad".
MAD doctors we is used for brilliant geniuses with motives we don't understand.
Frankenstein wasn't actually mad and people who research and create are usually Tremere. (Gargoyle = Frankensteinmonster Connection anyone?)

As I said the Malcavian are usually the Prohets like the chick on the Beach in Bloodlines. The "common" doesn't have the resources and the attention span for such a thing. Crout is maybe the exception.

Quote :
The problem with a Persuasion penalty for Malkavians is that it won't make much difference. I already never invest into Persuasion as a Malkie because in most cases I can use Dementation instead and I'm always leveling that up anyway.

In Pan & Paper the better your socials skills are, the better is you Power. How about requirements of Dots ind Social Attributs and Skills for using Dementation and Dominate. For instance for using Dominate 3 as a Ventrue you need a combination of 3 in Charisma and Seduction.
The same for Dementation.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 am

Meowolf wrote:
Grout has a lovely voice and he's kinda very easy to understand, though I had to turn subtitles on cuz some words he use are psycho-slang.
Khm. Guess I'm kinda malkie then -)
Of course YOU have no trouble understanding him. After all we are all of the same blood, and that wannabe warlock isn't. HaaR Huar HARR hAaR

- geek
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 am

Karavolos wrote:
Persuasion does, as I recall, have a few options that Dominate/Dementation doesn't.
Yep. The most important are getting money out of Copper, the thinblood on the beach, and getting extra xp at the Giovanni meeting, from the Professor, and from Beckett in the tower.
Maybe you can get the info and extra xp about finding the dig site from the prof by Dominate/Dementation too. I'm not sure now.
For some of the Giovanni, I think you can get results with Seduction as well...
And for Copper, I'm thinking about making the quest available with Wits or if you already have found the stake as well.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:23 am

As far as I remember, you need to seduce the woman in the Giovanni mantion and the persuade her to receive her dirty secret.
Both values must be very high.
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:03 am

Alichino wrote:
As far as I remember, you need to seduce the woman in the Giovanni mantion and the persuade her to receive her dirty secret.
Both values must be very high.

Never run into that... Shocked Embarassed Which woman are you speaking about?
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 am

Mira Giovann, the woman in the black-red dress standing next to the piano in the lobby.
There are three people who compete with each other. Two men and this woman.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 am

The one with aids Wink

I remember there's another way around it to know about it (telling her you killed someone or you're having problems with the FBI).
You can with Seduce 8, though
Back to top Go down
Ayo
Ancillae
Ancillae
Ayo

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 am

Claudia wrote:
The one with aids Wink

I remember there's another way around it to know about it (telling her you killed someone or you're having problems with the FBI).
You can with Seduce 8, though

And everybody is jumping at the chance to spend points on Seduction...
Back to top Go down
Feral
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Feral

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 am

Ahhh... Thanks.
I will have to use stealth once in the Giovanni mansion, it seems. Wholsale slaughter was fun, though... Cool
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 am

Very Happy

The first time I went, I demented the guard to enter. I hadn't noticed the couple you could get the invite to :p
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 am

You can Seduce Mira with 9 points in Seduction, you can Persuade all 3 of candidates including Mira Giovanni. Also you can Seduce/Persuade a girl out there to get to the library (and have some slurpy vampire neck-sex, if Seducing).
If you have investigated the dig site and the sarcophagus and have 9 points in Persuasion, then you can talk professor to a conclusion that he was pointed at this big old creaking stuff. By the *spoiler*. Also he tells you some more history about strange letters, conspiracy, yadda-yadda.

I think a Malkavian, as a creature with insane intuition and mind which is gliding through the creaks of reality, is more likely to *feel* the other person, and not *understand* others. So my opinion is that Malkavians are more likely to develop Subterfuge and less likely to develop high Persuasion skills. That is why I agree with -2 penalty to Persuasion, even if it locks some quests, but hey - we have Ventrue for that. Toreadors get HEAVY Seduce bonus right from the start. Malkavians get LOLZ right from the start, so no Seduce bonus for latter guys. ^___^

Harr Huaar?
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:19 pm

You can get the secret of all three with persuasion only. Adam is easier than the other two. I don't recall the exact values necessary right now. But since you can sell to only one of them, getting all is pointless, except for your personal curiosity...
You can get Nadia to open up the library with persuasion too. But in that case not as a blooddoll. She will, however, sometimes show you the skull-switch to lock/unlock the grate traps. But that part is broken and erratic. We haven't found a fix for it yet.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Meowolf
Elder
Elder
Meowolf

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:52 pm

You can sell 2 of them to the third, but only when using Persuasion 9.
/fixed, checked myself.

Also you are starting the thread with Persuasion line (blue), but then you have to guess a right sentence to work around their minds, it will not be high-lighted. In Mira's case - about a crash-killing, in businessman-case - about him going bankrupt and bluffing, in guy's case - smth about "clouds are gathering" shit and a toilet.
Toilet?
Oh yes. Must go.
Back to top Go down
Alichino
Ancillae
Ancillae
Alichino

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Though Mira is more difficult than the others because for instance when you give the Pseudo Giovanni a piece of your dirty secrets in exchange for his, you can give him more than once, while in Mira's case one false answer is the end of her road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learning - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning   Learning - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Learning
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next