Hm, that 's funny.
I did the beta testing with a Malk and I had no problem getting thrown out of the chantry.
Did it the usual way:
- got quest from Isaak
- talked to Strauss, got his secret, told him it was safe with me
- recruited the gargoyle for Isaak
- returned to Isaak and told him about my success, nothing more yet.
- went to Strauss for the reward
- back to Isaak, could tell him about the gargoyle, no problem.
Can't tell you more from inside the game right now, because I've just installed the final version and not yet played a game with it.
Did you piss off Isaak before? Something like refusing to do one of the snuff-tape quests.
Anyway it's not really necessary to betray Strauss to get to the Anarch-ending. It's Nines who leads the Anarchs Downtown after all, not Isaak.
I remember I had that problem in one of my games, too, but I can't remember what I did or if there are other requirements to meet.
I'll see what i can find
And yes, Happy New Year, everybody!
Edit: I've just looked into the files; there seems to be a problem. Talk to the regent and than go back to Isaak (the way I described above). That should solve it.