Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Friday Night

The Macdonalds is full for a friday night, but there are so many people and tables out (and inside) that taking one to sit and enjoy the wifi with some fries is easy to do. Employees are way too busy with cleaning and serving during the rush-night that they will certainly not notice clever kindred moving from table to table and eating "slowly". After all, most people just eat and left and there is a strong turnover on the tables, hence, people barely wait to sit (and people barely sit anyway !). The newsradio and a few daily free newspapers all speak about the recent attacks in Bordeaux, as either "errors in timing by local gangs who wanted to holdup a money belt" (you know those trucks which empty the ATM), but that police are investigating possible terrorist attacks.
The journalists also seem to think that the Saint Eloi Church one was a car transporting some explosives that was ill driven, and hence, the man driving was too drunk and lost control of the vehicle. He died in his own crash. They couldn't identify the man yet.
On other news, they found another body in the Garonne, another male that was reported missing three weeks before. A decree by the city's prefect forbids selling alcohol in shops after 9 pm and a stronger vigilance has been deployed into the bars. Of course, this doesn't keep kids to get drunk and high, because they usually buy the alcohol way earlier, but.. they seem to try. Or so they're saying.

Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Miriel arrives on foot. Entering the building, she steps aside, away from those lining up to place their orders. She takes in her surroundings totally, her eyes seem alert, sweeping over the whole of the building. She doesn't seem to have glanced Duncan's way, or has simply looked through him as he sits behind his laptop.

She approaches, still seeming distracted. As she sits, the news on the radio has finished its transmission, and it is clear she was concentrating to hear it over the bustle. She smiles to Duncan when he looks up- Her hair is let down today. Sleek, it tilts as she tilts her head while regarding him with a grin,
I certainly hope you're compensating Old MacDonald well for the net use. Or did he fry those spuds in vain? The angle causes her bangs to shift slightly and fall over her eyes, she brushes them aside again. Certainly, she seems talkative or otherwise in good spirits.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Storyteller:
 

Duncan walks across Victoire Plaza, towards the McDonald's restaurant near the arch. His clothing tonight is a bit darker than the previous night, and a bit nicer as well. Gray slacks and a black shirt, with a white T-shirt underneath. and black, rubber-soled shoes.

When he arrives at McDonalds, Duncan buys a value meal with a drink. He fills the drink cup half full, and the first thing he does after sitting down is to pick apart the fries and burger to make them look at least half eaten; like he didn't have much appetite. He mimics eating a bite or three, but frowns at the food as though it's not to his taste.

As Duncan works on his computer, he has been watching the door. So it's unlikely that Miriel's sudden appearance was a surprise. Still, when she sits down at the small, two-person table, Duncan will look up at her and smile. He waves at his tray.


Good evening, sleepyhead. Yes, I bought the value meal, although it wasn't to my taste. Feel free to finish it for me, if you like. The mischievous tone in his voice, and the slow wink at the end, indicate that he knows Miri will do no such thing.

Looks like you got your beauty sleep. Of course.

Lowering his voice, Duncan asks: So, what's first? Ghost hunting? Looking into the attacks last night? Or something else, like those files? I'm trying to run a text comparator on the files, to point out the differences. I'll know shortly if it's successful. Still have to read through it, of course; but it might save some time.

Miri:
 

Did you find anything in that guy's wallet last night? Hell, even money would be nice. Maybe you could buy a real phone. Duncan gives Miri an under-the-eyebrows look after the last suggestion... like he's annoyed at her lack of a wireless phone.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 am

The files are in txt format. The differences were marked by Lyle with a # (probably using a comparing program). The four hours count also digging all names (people's and places) and dates out and searching info on them on the net, to be able to link them to recent or not so recent events (newspapers, rumors on fora...), so to see the true face behind the events and understanding what Fernand meant. It also means running translators of Spanish newspapers to sort info out, compiling, making a chronology... and reading the material. That's why it's so long.
Frederic Vonzel had no wallet. Miri searched but he didn't wear anything on himself.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 pm

A muted chime comes from Duncan's laptop computer. He looks at the screen, and a slight frown appears between his eyebrows.

Damn! I guess it's already filtered as much as it's going to get. This is going to take some reading, Duncan says, looking up at Miri. I'm not going to take the time to read through all of this right now. I did skim through it though. One thing I noticed is that the Sheriff edited out a few negative references to himself. Not that big a deal, to me; although the Prince might not like the fact that Lambert edits his spy reports before showing them to his boss.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 5:58 am

Miriel sits by Duncan and glances over the tray's picked-over fare, indecision at his offer tugging at a corner of her mouth, Eh. Fries have gone cold. Truly, that seems to be the only thing deeming them inedible.

She smirks at his beauty sleep comment, being fully aware of being later to rise than Duncan. She notices, though, that an older woman in the restaurant has been staring off and on since she and Duncan have started talking. She answers Duncan so that even the Nosy One can hear,
Yes. If one can sleep like the dead, or sleep like a baby, then I slept like a dead baby.

She glances up in time to see that the old woman's sensitivities have been transgressed upon, and with an indignant or disgusted huff, the eavesdropper finally stops affording them her unwanted attention. Satisfied, Miriel turns to listen as Duncan brings up several more important topics.

The wallet was empty, and I prefer to be kept mostly out of touch, she smiles sweetly though her stance on mobile phones may annoy him. Concerning the files, our best bet is always a good, thorough firsthand look, she glances from where he works on the laptop and back, his expression looking disappointed, Still, you had a good idea.

He talks about the Sheriff taking a more "hands on" approach to manicuring his own publicity, and how that may ruffle some Ventrue feathers; her voice is as low as his is in response, I'm sure the last thing Gosuin needs to hear is how his people aren't exactly getting along with those under their leadership. Editing may be permitted, from the viewpoint of a perfectionist, or whoever wants to be perceived as a perfectionist, with a hand, she tousles her hair idly as she sits, But I've got information you need to have while it's still fresh...

She leans a little further in to Duncan's position at the table; her expression doesn't change, and outsiders may still assume their talk is still conversational in nature, but her speaking volume drops until those outside of Duncan's range hear only the bustle of the restaurant.
Duncan:
 

She sits up, done whispering, I still have to visit Theo to see when the feminist's club is meeting. I'll be seeing several familiar faces. Vandenstree, Suzanne... More importantly, Catherina, she gives him a knowing glance; their ghost task may come to mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:46 pm

From Duncan's smile, he apparently assumes Miri is joking about eating the fries if they weren't cold. The byplay with the nosy lady causes him to raise an eyebrow, but he makes no comment about that. Instead, he merely clarifies his earlier statement.

By the way, the beauty sleep comment was meant to imply that you always get your beauty sleep, because of your obvious beauty, rather than a commentary on your sleeping habits.

Miri's remark about preferring to stay out of touch causes Duncan to purse his lips slightly and sigh. Yet as the Toreador begins to talk about the files, Duncan becomes serious. After Miri delivers her whispered information, Duncan will respond in a volume that matches hers.

Miriel:
 

Duncan's voice rises above the whisper, as he thinks about a few other matters.

Suzanne might know more than Theo about that feminist's club. She's a member, although her sire, Franz, seemed to Embrace her as an insult to the whole feminist movement.

I need to tell you a few things too, about what we did last night. Hmm... where to begin... Duncan thinks to himself for a moment, mentally reviewing the previous night's events.

Sio, Storyteller:
 
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 am

Duncan finishes his mental recap, and starts talking to Miri again in the same low voice as before:

Miriel:
 

Duncan leans back after he is done whispering to Miri, and he sighs. He continues talking in a low voice, although not as quietly as before.

I'm not sure where to even begin tonight. Probably talk to Theo first; we still need to tell him about why Tarcisus is in Bordeaux, in addition to all of this other stuff. After that, I don't know. Ghost-hunting? Talking to Celine or Laure? I know you wanted to talk to Jerome, too. I suppose the Sabbat attacks take priority, but I'm not sure where to start. Hell, we could probably spend the entire night researching everything online, and reviewing those files Kersten sent us; but then we wouldn't get anything else done. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Miriel simply smiles at Duncan when he takes a minute to reiterate what he meant about beauty sleep. She is already aware of what he meant, but makes no comment. It would seem her lack of direct response would indicate that she is shy or burned out on receiving compliments about her looks. Still, the smile she shows him is much warmer than it is dismissive.

After she speaks what she knows, it's his turn, and she listens to what he says with all due interest, nodding here and there as he weighs the information she passed on aloud.

Duncan ceases whispering and begins thinking out future moves; in between information about Suzanne, Miriel clears why Theo's place was where she was headed, regarding the feminist's club. She nods, confirming Duncan's guess that's who she should be headed to see,
I'm going to Theo's to meet with Suzanne. He said he'd speak with her for me the other night.

He remembers more information and whispers some more, and with a smirk, Miriel lends her ear again. She crosses her arms to bite thoughtfully on her thumbnail as he shares more of what happened the other evening, especially pertaining to Tarcisus. She nods solemnly as he goes on. The last of what he whispers wipes all past seriousness from her expression as she smiles anew, I am proud! I would have cried bitter, lonely tears for decades if you tried at "suicide by elder" a second time and succeeded. She gives him a pointed look that simultaneously accuses and jests with him about this reoccurring "death wish" schtick of his. She winks when she can't maintain a straight face and smiles again. Good fun.

Duncan is ready to discuss their next move,
Theo's it is. I'll let you tell Theo what he needs to know about Grandpa Munster. After all, I wasn't there for your second meeting. Then I'll see about the club. Jerome's issue and talking to Laure can wait, for now- I have to see what springs up at the meeting regarding "current issues," she refers to Catherina and their ghosts task. She glances at his computer, We may have to get another involved with reading these files, if we wanted to get more than basics covered tonight...
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Duncan grins when Miriel teases him about his so-called 'death wish', but makes no comment. He's already explained about that; any more would just make it seem like he felt guilty, or self-conscious.

His expression becomes serious when Miri talks about their plans, though.


Very well; El Bodegon first. Perhaps by the time we're done there, we'll know what the next move should be.

Duncan makes a face when Miriel talks about involving another person in reading the files. Who, exactly? Kersten didn't exactly tell us to keep it secret, but we should be careful. Carrion could hand them over to some of her clanmates, and let them analyze both copies; but from what Kersten said, the Doctor probably already has the same information. Scoop was there in the Theatre when the Sheriff passed on his information, and Theo went and talked to him afterwards. Then again, the Nosferatu may not think to try recovering the original files, like Kersten did. That takes a nasty, suspicious mind to think that someone had tampered with them. Duncan chuckles; a low, evil laugh. Like me.

Laure might be interested in the files as well. Kersten described her as 'patriotic', which I assume means that she takes her responsibilities very seriously, and is very loyal to the Camarilla. I was planning to talk to her anyway, about other matters... maybe I could mention the files and see if she is curious.

Storyteller:
 

As he is speaking, Duncan proceeds to shut down his laptop, and put it into a soft carrying case. A flash drive that was plugged into the computer goes into his pocket. When this is finished, Duncan looks to Miri.

Ready?
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 2:43 pm

players:
 
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:16 am

Miriel grins, satisfaction tints her features as their first objective is agreed upon. The idea of being out again tonight is exciting! Stimulating! Enlivening! Whatever, it's all of these!

Duncan wonders out loud about who they should let in on the files, and as the prospective list is drawn out (Ugh, mostly of nosferatu) and is simultaneously pruned down, Miriel begins to look less and less hopeful and eager about sharing. All excitement seems to have left her. As he goes on, Duncan lets slip an evil laugh, and Miri's eyes widen with palpable discomfort as she begins to lean away from him,
You're good at that.

It's a joke; with a thoughtful wince, she forgets her fake fear and leans in within the same second, sharing her own two cents about the files, Yeah, Laure may not be the best choice if that's the case, considering the unflattering light the restored file casts on the Sheriff... She'd think we were pulling her leg, or worse. Especially if our one line of credibility is, "We got it from Lyle." Better wait, that. Her smile returns.

She stands as he puts his laptop away, and replies to his last question with a sprightly sort of self-assurance,
Ready as ever, babe. Lead on, lead on. She waits and then walks out alongside him.
Auspex 1- Hearing, Perception 4:
 
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:58 pm

The night is cool and clear as Miriel and Duncan head out of McDonald's onto Victoire Plaza. The two Kindred begin walking across to El Bodegon, and the Brujah sets a deliberately slow pace to give them time to talk. After a glance around to make sure nobody is hanging too close, Duncan begins to muse aloud in a low voice.

We could mention the files to Theodore, I suppose. Not that he would trust anything coming from Lyle, but he might be interested to see what Lambert's spy thought of his boss. He might even know a reason why we should care what Lambert's spy thought about his boss... frankly, I don't see what the big deal is about the files. Was the Sheriff afraid for the Prince to see that his own spy had doubts about him? Maybe he just resented Lambert for putting him in that position -- recruited assets are generally under a lot of stress. Duncan glances at Miri, adding, At least, that's how it is in the spy novels.

No, there has to be something more in there that the Sheriff didn't want seen. Just skimming through, I also saw a few differences in approximations: estimates of Sabbat forces, timetables, stuff like that. When we look closer, I'll see if any of that seems important. It would help if we knew more about the first Sabbat attack, or the cells that were uncovered. Maybe something about these files would stand out. But neither of us were here for that stuff.

You know, we could show Estela the files. I don't think she knew any details of what she was carrying, or the Sheriff would have taken the trouble to debrief her. She might appreciate the gesture, though. Of course, I doubt she would know much about the stuff in her sire's report. From what she says, he barely told her the bare minimum of what she needed to know as Kindred.

Her sire's name was Fernand LeFevre, from what Estela told the Sheriff Wednesday night. And yes, I was eavesdropping. I was curious about the new person, and it wasn't too far from where I stood with Theo. Anyway, Estela gave him the USB flash drive, and seemed a bit offended at his lack of sympathy. Although I'm not sure she realizes their relationship. As they spoke of her sire, the Sheriff mentioned that he 'felt his death'. I wasn't certain what that meant, until I connected it with what Claudia said about Jerome and his childe. Apparently, when the childe is killed, the sire feels it somehow. So, putting two and two together, I believe Estela is the Sheriff's grandchilde.

Duncan gives that bit of information a moment to sink in, and then continues speaking.

By the way... I started to wonder when the Sheriff had the chance to alter the files. After Laure took Estela away to be presented, Lambert moved over to talk to the Doctor. I know this because Theo went over to talk to them shortly after that. So Lambert could have had the Doctor alter the files, or maybe he borrowed a laptop from the Nos elder to do it himself. I'm not sure how long he had to do it, because that's when I went over to you and asked if you'd join me in talking to Elisabeth. Still, it was not too long after this that they all went in to talk to Gosuin. Or did the Doctor leave before then? Hmm... I wasn't paying attention to him... Duncan shakes his head, lost in thought, before he returns to the moment.

I only bring this up to point out the possibility that the whole 'altered files' scenario could have been made up by Lyle, to jerk our chain. I don't know what he would gain, but if the data was given to all the Primogen, Lyle had a lot more time to alter the files than Lambert did before they spoke to the Prince.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Duncan:
 
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

The wind blows softly through Miriel's hair as she paces alongside Duncan. She has her hands tucked into the front pockets of her jacket, her head tilted slightly to hear him better. She smiles to herself about something the whole while he talks, but grins outright when he mentions spy novels as an afterthought, casting a sidelong glance at him.

She prepares to listen seriously again, and Estela is mentioned. Miriel frowns slightly as she considers the effect of exposing a childe to their dead Sire's records, but hears Duncan out. He admits to overhearing Estela and the Sheriff, and she has to fight the reflex to smirk and roll her eyes. She manages, blinking softly as she listens to the rest of what he knows, muttering,
Family drama, much?

She glances away and sighs as she mulls everything over so far; Duncan tries to recreate when it was the Sheriff had time to alter the files, and has trouble pinning it down. She seems prepared to help him recall, but he has more to say, particularly about what Lyle might be up to. She shakes her head, At worst, reading these files will keep us busier and make us a little more paranoid, like everyone else. If Lyle falsified the restoration, then it'll look like a blatant smear on the Sheriff and therefore on clan Malkavian, who have image issues from this last attack. I don't think Lyle would do something so obvious, so trivial as trying to get two neonates paranoid about the Sheriff, even if the Tremere and Malkavian clan are at ends right now. From what I understood, numbers and dates didn't match up between versions, and so we're supposed to be seeing something about the changes, whether that means something profound, or in noting how the Sheriff prefers to keep Gosuin feeling informed. I doubt Estela needs to see this information before we do, especially considering that her sire died over information that just got defaced before being presented. We'll have to have the first look, for her sake.

She glances over again, offering a lighthearted smile, Hey, and if it does all turn out to be a red herring, then at least it'll be a good read, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Storyteller:
 

Duncan listens to Miriels reply, and nods in agreement.

I just wanted to point out that the restoration of those files could be faked, not necessarily that they were faked. I hope not. I kind of like Kersten, despite the fact he's kind of an asshole. Maybe because he's an asshole. Duncan grins.

You're right, though-- we probably shouldn't show the files to Estela. Not now, anyway. She's already unhappy with how casually Lambert treated the news of her sire's death, though. She made that plain right after she handed over the data.

Yeah, so I guess we'll just have to keep the files to ourselves for now. Once we read through them carefully, we'll know what questions to ask, like when the Sabbat cells were discovered, or whatever. I still think Laure is the one to ask, though. She was involved in tracking down those Sabbat cells, and I believe she is less likely to get pissed off at our snooping around than the Sheriff.
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 am

Miri offers a reserved smile to Duncan as he grins about Lyle's style, Aww. Two peas in a pod, she says softly, sweetly. It's an obvious burn, but she makes it sound like she's glad to see Duncan making friends. The second he looks wise to her playful jibes, Miriel winces apologetically, grinning despite being sorry. She sighs self-consciously, feeling included after making her remark, Ah damn, make that three.

They pace along, and she listens and nods in agreement with Duncan's conclusion about the files, She would be our best source to ask about recent details, absolutely. She ponders to herself for a time about something else as they walk; the corner of her mouth tugs with a twitch before she begins expressing her thoughts, You know, I've never heard Estela mention her clan. It's kind of a big deal, not to. She looks to Duncan, her mind knitting on something, It's easy to overlook, with how much clan-talk dominates the circuit, but... It's unusual. No longer certain where she's going with these thoughts, she stretches her arms overhead and smiles as she notes that they're most of the way over to their destination.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Duncan doesn't seem offended by Miri's hint about him being an asshole like Kersten; in fact, he's amused. He smiles when Miriel lumps herself into that classification as well, although his comment is more general in nature than hers.

Too bad more Kindred don't have a sense of humor. Or more humans, for that matter. You're not an asshole, though. I think most Toreador would prefer high-class phrases to describe themselves, like having 'razor-sharp wit' or 'biting sarcasm'. 'Asshole' is too gauche.

As the two Kindred draw close to the tables outside of El Bodegon, Miriel talks about how strange it is that Estela never mentions her clan. Duncan merely shrugs, before replying.

The other night, she tried to claim that she was a Torrie like you. The Prince made it obvious that he knew her real clan, and kind of scolded her for not accepting her clan, for better or worse. Maybe she was just mad at Lambert, or her sire.

Duncan chuckles. Or maybe she's like Victor, and really thinks she is another clan. Ha! I could claim to be Ventrue as well, but Theo would never let me get away with it. He knows my sire.


ST edit:
 
Back to top Go down
Sio
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Sio

Posts : 734
Join date : 2011-02-20
Age : 28
Location : Oklahomo

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 am

Miriel begins to yawn (still waking up?) while Duncan talks about preferential Toreador terminology, but she cracks a goofy sort of almost-smile between yawning when he says "gauche." It's clear she meant to laugh, but the yawn was winning over. She covers her mouth to obscure the rest of the yawn, regains her composure and permits herself to chuckle softly after, both over her less than graceful mannerisms and his remarks, High-class or no, we owe it to each other to give notice when "the emperor has no clothes." Feel free to let one of us know if we've run out of this all-important tact while playing at being witty, especially in heavily social settings. Erm, this could in fact be why Miriel's been having trouble fitting in in other cities... Probably not the best advice to recieve about the Toreador. She gives him a wry look after she says "heavily social settings," that illustrates that it may be a bad idea, but that something about it is deeply satisfying.

After all, she continues, You have to help them from falling into complacence. Nothing sadder than having no idea you aren't witty or charming or esteemed after all. Help them fix it, when you can, even if its just between the two of you. No one needs a bloated personality. Some truth in that, one supposes, but still-- Don't try it out any time soon.

After sharing her own abstract thoughts and concerns over Estela, Miriel feels she should revisit the name-calling subject,
I appreciate that you don't think I'm an asshole, though, she smiles, Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. She makes doe eyes and clasps her arms around herself in a self-hug, to illustrate to Duncan these cutesy feelings.

Still self-hugging, probably because of the cool air, Miri listens to everything he has to say about Estela with marked interest as she gazes forward. She maintains a thoughtful look the whole while. It seems most of this may be news to her,
Torrie? Her? She turns to him to check if she heard correctly, After last night's display? He mentions how Gosuin saw through it on presentation night, and she nods a little to Duncan's reasoning behind her seemingly intentional misidentification, I have a feeling we may find out a bit in our reading.

She blinks as the wind shifts to blow softly, but directly at them, placing her hands in her jacket pockets again. Duncan mentions Victor, the Malkavian Primogen, and she makes a sort of comically critical wide mouthed, thin-lipped expression about the gossip until Duncan jokes about pretending to be Ventrue if he could. Miriel's expression gets sharp, and her eyes narrow as she smirks to him, "Could" or "would" pretend? Why? Got something to hide from about your sire or clan as well?

She was only pretending to grill him, as the look she gave him shifts immediately back to looking ahead of them. She sighs, I think I'll do her a favor for now, and treat her as she wants to be perceived. Meaning Estela; Miriel looks thoughtful, she's probably sympathetic about Estela's sire being gone, She's still just adjusting like the rest of us. If she prefers to not be associated with the Malkavian, then I'll do my best not to rock that boat. She looks at Duncan again with a thoughtful, gentle smile, What about you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/Sio
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2011-02-08
Location : U.S.A.

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Storyteller:
 

Perception + Alertness > 4:
 

Miriel and Duncan cross the street and begin walking through the crowded tables in front of El Bodegon, toward the front door. Even out here, the music is loud enough to make quiet conversation difficult. Duncan raises his voice a bit, although he is careful to keep his references vague, to protect the Masquerade.

Unless they're being rude to me, I'll avoid correcting your family's manners. That's not my job. Griffin's or Alicia's job, maybe. Besides, don't you guys consider sarcasm to be an art form?

As for claiming to be something I'm not... I'm not ashamed of my clan. A few individuals, yes; but not the clan. In Paris, some of my family tried to insult me by saying I was a Blue Blood. I corrected their mistake.

If Estela wants to pretend though, that's her business. I won't call her out on it.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 2:28 pm

players:
 
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29
Location : the Netherlands

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:38 pm

Chris walks casually in the direction of the Hotel, glancing idly at the girl at his side as he answers her question. “I am who I said to be. If you don't believe me, that's your problem really. As for what Lyle gave me,” [He shrugs. “A little gizmo which I'm sure already knows what it does. And I don't really feel like showing it to you if you don't mind.” Doesn't sound like he'd be inclined to show the trinket even if Claudia did mind.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Claudia observes with precaution Chris, interested but also quite careful.
(Claudia) I meant... Your full name, your clan. It's the price for the crispy information you may use against Mr Kersten. Such as his actual importance and his status, as you seem not to know.. To be honest I know what was given to you. I'll believe you when you say he gave it to you as no one else could have.

She does not really hide she dislikes her sire, as she puts a greater distance by naming him mr Kersten. But she seems honest about trading information. She looks down most of the time, playing with a few locks of hair that were not tied into that silk small red ribbon.
Back to top Go down
Nachtrae
Antediluvian
Antediluvian
Nachtrae

Posts : 903
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 29
Location : the Netherlands

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Chris pretends he doesn't notice Claudia's curious observations of him. He smiles slightly at her attempt to draw information out of him, clearly amused by it. “The price hm? I don't recall agreeing to any form of information exchange. Your telling me of Lyle's position as the Primogen was a slip of the tongue on your part, or you merely assumed I was already aware of those details. Information is a powerful weapon, and I don't have any intentions of carelessly giving away little titbits that could be used against me. No matter how insignificant they may be.”
ST:
 
He falls silent for a little while, letting the Tremere think he would indeed keep his mouth shut about everything. “Name's Christopher Orlov. Yes, that's a Russian name. I grew up there. I don't quite feel like telling you of my clan. I have my reasons for that.” He sends a sideways glance at Claudia. “Doesn't sound like you quite like Lyle. What happened? He beat you in Starcraft?”
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

Posts : 4897
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 31
Location : France

La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Claudia seems surprised that indeed, Chris didn't know Lyle was a Primogen. She keeps walking calmly, as if nothing. She seems interested and understanding of what's being said to her, giving sometimes a little playful smirk. She plays her hands on her shirt as if she didn't really know what to do with them.
(Claudia) All Camarilla members coming to a new city under Camarilla domain at least have an idea of who is the Tremere Primogen, just so they know who to avoid. The fact that you know my sire's name and clan, but not his status... it tells me a few things.. My sire lied to you and you are not a Camarilla kindred. But he likes you enough to give you a toy of the clan to protect you. You keeping your clan quiet only confirms this, am I right?

She didn't seem too bothered that Christopher isn't Camarilla. Fearless, maybe, or she just doesn't know what it could imply. It's clear she's still keeping some distance, somehow still suspicious of him, but there's a certain security in the fact that she knows he is an acquaintance of her sire ; as if it empowered her somehow.
(Claudia) Star-what..? Beat me ?

She puts a hand on the back of her neck, as if she was trying to make sense of what he's telling her, then shrugs. It seems his natural assets let her speak a little more openly.
(Claudia) You mean some game.. I don't play with him, I mostly avoid him as much as it's possible. It's no secret that I dislike my sire: he killed me, he is a ruthless monster, he's cunning... Yes yes, I know, "Tremere". However I'm still loyal and I do see his.. advantages.

She marks a little pause and takes a moment to weight her words and judge his reaction.
(Claudia) Since you will find out anyway sooner or later... He is no fun young kindred who likes computers. He's an elder, and he's our Chantry's Regent. He always was one of the most feared and powerful of our Chantry even before his promotion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty
PostSubject: Re: La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds   La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds Empty

Back to top Go down
 
La Victoire Plaza's Macdonalds
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Roleplaying Vampire: The Masquerade :: Roleplaying Area :: Neutral Ground-
Jump to: