Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

CE 1.6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: CE 1.6   Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:33 pm

No bug reports yet?
Nobody playing right now, or did I do such a good job this time?

- geek

Tuesday is Soylent Green day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voraxith
Antediluvian
Antediluvian

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 pm

The only bug I ever had was the weird idle glitches, but the patch seems to have fixed those. I haven't noticed anything else. And the game has been getting played a lot by me and a friend of mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clerkin2010
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Childe of Malkav wrote:
No bug reports yet?
Nobody playing right now, or did I do such a good job this time?

- geek

I hadn't played this game in over two years but when I saw that CE 1.6 was out I suddenly got really excited to play again. Playing as my favourite clan the Gangrel Smile . I was just wondering if you were thinking of adapting any parts of TFN aside from the hunter system such as the humanity/frenzy system. Thanks by the way I really appreciate your work so far on CE and hope you continue until our bloodlust is sated Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:55 am

If I continue, and at the moment, that is a very big if , I will use a completely different hunter/masquerade system. The basic ideas for that have been discussed on this forum here some time ago. But I'm quite sure that 1.6 is the prefinal version of CE in the form it is right now. My intnetion is to update once again to the new UP version, once the library level is ready and included. That version will also include the completed use of presence in dialogs, and perhaps some changes in the rules, depending on the way it turns out to work in 1.6.

But if I continue modding for the public, it will be on a complete restart. There are too many things I don't like left from Zer0, or things I would now with more experience in bloodlines modding do in a different form. The most important thing is, I don't agree with many of the changed Disciplines from CE 1.2. But finding and redoing that without the risk of an unstable game is more work than starting over again.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:34 am

What if there is a chance to add new maps? The topic has subsidied on the Forum...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 am

Then everybody is free to do it. But I know that Imalia (post embrace) is better suited to win the title of Miss World than I am for building decent maps.

- geek

P.S: According to burgermeister, it's entirely possible to do it, but it's a shitload of work. Currently he and Wesp are looking for people to help making textures.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meowolf
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:57 pm

No bugs for now, but I'm currently in the middle of a game. I'll update topic if something re-emerges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vk.com/id140084046
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Been burned out on Bloodlines lately, and I won't try 1.6 until I'm done with a character in 1.5 myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:26 pm

i'm finally starting a new game tonight! excited. i've never finished a tremere run before so i think i'll enjoy this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:40 pm

dkmode wrote:
i'm finally starting a new game tonight! excited. i've never finished a tremere run before so i think i'll enjoy this

dkmode wrote:
i've never finished a tremere run before so i think i'll enjoy this

dkmode wrote:
i've never finished a tremere run before

dkmode wrote:
never finished a tremere run before

dkmode wrote:
tremere run before

dkmode wrote:
tremere

dkmode wrote:
tremere

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:06 pm

Shocked Err, was there a point to all that spam? Yes, my avatar is a nosferatu because it's my favorite clan. Do you honestly think that means I limit myself to enjoying only that one clan when playing bloodlines? I would have gotten terribly bored of this game years ago if that was the case.

Malkav: So far I've run into a strange bug although I think it's probably on my end since I've run into similar problems before and you helped me fix it.. When I got to the beach, the radio was playing Come Around instead of the usual "darling violetta - a smaller god".... Come around was still playing as the regular background music on the beach, as it should, but it was playing on the radio by the thin bloods as well...

I did what you told me another time to fix a similar problem (when I had no music in santa monica) and it didn't seem to work:
I made sure that the all the folders aren't read only, and I made sure that I had write allowance. After deleting vamputil.pyc and letting it recompile, it didn't change anything.. any suggestions?

oh and here's the relevant info from vamputil.py (i think)

elif(club == "beach"):
gmusic = G.Music_Beach
vanilla = "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\Come Around (Unused).mp3"
if(G.ComeFromSMHub == 1):
fileutil.copyfile(fileutil.getcwd() + "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\clubs\\music.mp3", fileutil.getcwd() + "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\clubs\\glazecombat1.mp3")
G.ComeFromSMHub = 2

Edit: see my next post for an update on this

Last edited by dkmode on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I just wanted to write some TL;DR post for the hell of it What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:22 pm

lol, okay then. dunno what "TL;DR" (too long; didn't read) has to do with that though.

Malkav: ok i left the area and came back after making the above changes, and that seemed to do the trick... and now it plays the regular santa monica music as the beach background music, and "come around" on the radio.. Is that how it's supposed to be now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 am

Congratulations Karavolos! Your spam picture series nearly made me ignore dkmode's next post Evil or Very Mad

dkmode, that's right. Since 1.5 the usual Santa Monica background is played on the pier as well, and Come Around on the radio.
If you want it the other way, Come Around as pier background, and Darling Violetta on the radio, that's easy.

elif(club == "beach"):
gmusic = G.Music_Beach
vanilla = "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\Come Around (Unused).mp3"
if(G.ComeFromSMHub == 1):
fileutil.copyfile(fileutil.getcwd() + "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\clubs\\music.mp3", fileutil.getcwd() + "\\Vampire\\sound\\music\\clubs\\glazecombat1.mp3")
# G.ComeFromSMHub = 2

First, replace the code I marked in red with the orange part, then add the comment marker (green). Finally copy the vanilla line from the diner (next elif block) in the place of the orange vanilla line for the beach.

Then by the next time you come to the pier from the hub, you will have the changes activated.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Spam equals tea
Tea equals England
England is unrelated
Another thing that's unrelated is TL;DR and spam

Thus I made a TL;DR post with spam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dkmode
Ancillae
Ancillae

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Thank you, Malkav, it worked like a charm! You are the best! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Karavolos wrote:
Spam equals tea
Tea equals England
England is unrelated
Another thing that's unrelated is TL;DR and spam

Thus I made a TL;DR post with spam.
Shut it off on this one, or I will be tempted to...

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavolos
megalomaniac

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jad.3
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 am

Karavolos wrote:
*Spam.*
I lol'd Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melancholy
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

So... downloaded 1.6 a bit ago... just finished my first playthrough (as a Toreador). Bloodlines is one of my favorite games, figured I'd play after re-discovering it after a long time. Found your website and mods for it, they've really expanded the game from what I remember playing through it years ago. Major kudos to all.

Anyways... I did run across one bug while playing, and I couldn't find an existing fix for it, so I figured I would share. I don't know if it is a result of the mod or just leftover from the main game, as there were tons of those in the original game if I remember correctly from way back. In any event, bug occurred after completing The Fu Syndicate when Gary calls on the payphone. After clicking the phone, my character would pick it up, but the only available option to click was, "I do not have a valid reply." No sound files were played (like if gary was talking), and after clicking the only option, my character hung up the phone, and it was impossible to progress. I was not able to click the phone again. Saving and reloading, changing areas, playing through the syndicate again on an earlier save, nothing seemed to fix the bug. The game would get stuck at that point as far as the story was concerned... I wasn't able to progress to the giovanni.

I was able to make my own workaround. After digging around in the game files and teaching myself the basics of how it worked, I redirected the game to skip the first part of the payphone dialogue, so when I picked up the phone it bypassed the first thing Gary and myself would say. It progressed normally after this, was able to obtain the Giovanni quest, everything else was fine, etc. I don't have any other mods installed aside from a few skins, and I'm not sure the cause of it. Just figured I'd share the one bug I encountered.

All bugs aside... huge... huge congrats on your mod, it really breathed new life into the game. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feral
Caine
Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Known bug...

http://camarillaedition.darkbb.com/t1434-i-have-no-valid-reply

EDIT

Ahh... Wait, you are new. Hope you stick around!
Welcome to the forum, youngblood!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Welcome to the forum, Melancholy.
As Feral said, I am aware of this and some other bugs. The others are not as game breaking. Until I can give out a hotfix, I have put a topic "Known bugs in CE 1.6, and how to fix them" in the Bug-reporting section.

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melancholy
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Aw crap... well that's totally my fault for not checking up on it. I finished my playthrough a couple weeks ago... at the time there wasn't a work around for it, but since I fixed the problem myself and kept playing I completely forgot to make an account and post about it. Decided to start another playthrough today and it reminded me of the bug, so I figured I'd make an account and post now..... but I didn't check to see if the bug had been solved in the time between. Big oops on my part
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm

No problem.
Don't apologise, just have fun on the forum, and playing the game...

- geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CE 1.6   Today at 12:34 am

Back to top Go down

CE 1.6
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Camarilla International Official Forum :: Camarilla Edition Forum :: Ask a Question-
Jump to: