Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fred's Haven

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

Fred's Haven - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 am

Duncan throws an annoyed look at Nyx, although he doesn't seem all that serious, despite the grumbling noise.

Grr... That's not what I meant.  Although frankly, this is William's quest; I'm just along as a courtesy.  Theo wants the Camarilla to find this artifact before the Sabbat.  Plus, I think if you run into any Sabbat during your search, you might be glad you have an uncouth Brujah along -- to draw gunfire, if nothing else.

Just not eager to return to Lambert's building, that's all.  Especially now that his security guard has been killed, and we have no proof it wasn't us.  It's just Catherina's word against ours.

How do you suggest we do this?  We know there are cameras we didn't see last time.  Duncan ponts to William's laptop to emphasize his point.  Then he turns back to Nyx.  Any ideas on how to get around that?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:49 pm

If you desire, I could go by myself to look for the item.
Alternately we can surely pay one of the homeless to get it for us, as you may be able to tell, they aren't the brightest gentlemen in Bordeaux, someone of them would surely be willing to do a simple task for a step forward to their next fix.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Indeed, it's an option, but are they reliable ?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Nyx gave a slight smile as she listened to Duncan.

Well for whatever reason you have chosen to keep that information to yourselves so I can't really help you with the artifact thing.

Uncouth wouldn't be the word i'd use to describe you though your offer to be a bullet magnet is quite endearing.

Well think about it, he's one Kindred, he can't be everywhere at once and he knows others use his place for hunting so if we keep our noses clean and our eyes sharp we could avoid him all together.

As for the cameras, they're too far away to be any good at IDing anyone, I do love it when they have a tight budget.

Nyx's glanced at Fred when he suggested using the homeless.

They aren't reliable, drug addicts only think about the quickest way to get their fix and can lie quite colourfully...
Back to top Go down
http://eyeofthedivine.tumblr.com
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Ah, but surely we can convince them that the quickest way is by doing a simple task for us?
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:14 pm

"Or we could create a ghoul... those are pretty loyal, eventually...."
William said in a slow tone as he studied the screen with a slight frown, replaying the sequences again at actual speed, even checking some timelines close to the events, seeing if there were other things they might have failed to notice, his right hand on his mouth like a fist, with the index finger pointing into the crook between his nose and his eye socket. After a moment he straightened himself, looking behind him at the others.

"Not me of course, Tremere don't do Ghouls, outside a few exceptions."
He looked like he was about to say something else, but was distracted by the building up noises around him, looking uncomfortable, he let out a calming breath and continued.

"I wonder how much fuss the murder of the mortal will pose, I'm not entirely sure how vast the grip is on the news and police services are in this area, in Brussels there was some serious damage control thanks to much larger kindred populations. Then again, country Capitals tend to be like that I presume. The less noise there is, the less chances there are people start to talk about it. But either way, we should avoid the area for at least a while. Or wait til around 4 am, which is when most kine sleep."
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Fred looks uneasy at the proposal.
I'm afraid I don't believe myself capable of doing such a thing, I wouldn't dream of forcing someone to do such things against their will.

Fred removes his beanie.
I humbly ask that I am not to create a ghoul, or preferably that we don't as a coterie.
Ah, I will naturally grant a boon to each of you should you entertain my bold request.
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Never done it myself, but I don't think creating a ghoul is as quick as you seem to think.  The blood bond takes three drinks, and some say it has to be over three separate nights.  Although even if that's not true, I'd rather not do it solely for such a trivial purpose.

Sending someone else to look is an option, but if they didn't find anything I'd wonder if it was their ineptitude or if there just wasn't anything to find.  Which would force one of us to go check it out anyway.

Duncan sighs; a holdover from human mannerisms since he doesn't need to breathe any more.
I guess we should check it out ourselves.  If we go around 4:00 like William suggests we might avoid the Sheriff, since a lot of elders tend to sleep late and retire early.  We know the extent of the cameras now.  We can park a good distance away, and send just one or two in to check it out.

Duncan turns to William, and the next words are directed at the Tremere.
Fred's already volunteered, which is a good choice because Malkavians tend to spot things others would miss.  But you might think about going in with him, since Tremere have a reputation for , shall we say, enhanced perception.

Nyx is right; those cameras on the roof aren't very useful for identifying someone.  However, we've already ditched our disguises.  Still, William can borrow a jacket from Fred, and leave his cane with the vehicles.  Perhaps Fred has a hoodie or something he can wear to cover his normal clothing... maybe even a hat to hide his face, instead of the beanie.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:23 am

Nyx doesn't comment on the topic of Ghouling or blood bonding. She listens with interest but makes no comment, choosing now to sit on the floor and rest her satchel on her lap. When the topic moves on she seems more eager to pitch in.

Makes sense to me...maybe he knew something was going to happen, I mean what the hell is he doing in there? Not like he can take a piss no more. Maybe he buried something or hid it in the branches?

Which way did he leave? Maybe we can get another clue from that where he went next.

Perception+Alertness >5:
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:37 am

"I was merely going through options. No need to freak out."
William added as he closed the lid of his laptop.

"And we aren't perception enhanced due to our lineage only, but due to our upbringing, missing miniscule details is... bad for those of our kind, so we learn not to the hard way. Anyhow, if you wish, we can go check out the flowerpot, but yet, we should indeed be careful."
Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Yeah, I get it... I was trained to spot details too -- before my Embrace.  But I don't have a certain discipline that boosts my senses... at least, not yet.  Duncan wags his eyebrows up and down in a mischievous gesture, and then continues.

Anyway, this looks like our best chance of finding what happened to Momo.  Or what he was after in Lambert's building, which might give us a clue as well.  He must've known someone was on to him, or why would he bother to hide something?  He obviously didn't see the roof cameras, just like we didn't see them the first visit.

Nyx has a good point, also... his direction might tell us something.  Was he heading toward his car or scooter?  Maybe Nyx can find out what he drove, and we can search for it.  If it's there, that's proof he never left the area.

Oh, and another thing... before searching the bushes, take a picture with your phone of his footprints in the dirt, if he left any.  That might help us track him.  Duncan looks at William as he suggests this, since Fred has no phone.
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 3:15 pm

Fred searches the room for any clothing that may be left there since his sire inhabited the haven.
When Duncan mentions not having Auspex, Fred speaks up from wherever he is in the room.

Ah, if you so desire, I could attempt to teach you based on how I myself make use of such benefits.

If Fred finds any jacket or larger shirt, he will throw it to William.
He is also looking for a hood as Duncan suggested previously, or anything he can cover his head with as an alternative.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:07 pm

There was nothing left in the old Degrelle's havens, except fort some vague furniture. The rest was cleaned when he was executed, certainly by Lambert.
But Fred probably brought in some clothes since his death in 2000, and he and his coterie probably used the place as a back up, safe house.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 4:36 pm

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:09 pm

OOC:

William raises a brow. "Shall we? Or shall we explore what happens should non torpor kindred remain unmoving for years?"
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:31 pm

Whilst the others spoke Nyx pulled her phone out of her pocket and started typing a text.

Pierre:

Why not kill two birds? While you two are hunting in the shrub, me and Duncan can try and figure out where he went after? If you two are ok with that can we see which way he went?

OOC:

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Sounds good.  It's getting late... if we're going over there tonight, we'd better do it soon.  Especially since Nyx seems to have business tomorrow, as well.

I don't know about hers, but my errand should only take a couple of hours at the start of the evening.  Then I can meet you later.

Duncan looks at Fred and William.
Has Fred found you guys anything as sort of a semi-disguise?
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm afraid my supply is limited, I can spare a few shirts, but sadly little in terms of disguise.
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:37 am

Nyx sent another text, she was careful not to hold her phone in a way that allowed the others to read what she wrote but glanced up when Duncan spoke.

I honestly don't know how long it will take but I can still be your alibi if you need it.

Igor:
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 am

William closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"We really need to stop coming up with these plans when all stores are closed. I'm starting to regret not giving more effort in my dominate training."

He opened his eyes once more and turned to his laptop, opening the lid and studying the image in front of him, which he had paused on when the nossie was leaving.
"Well, he did leave towards
Code:
<Insert concluded direction>
if I remember the layout correctly... which I do."

He turned to Fred, "Have you got another beanie? If I wear a T-shirt and cover my hair, along with maybe a button down shirt which I don't own or am ever seen with, I should be unidentifiable enough to pass a quick examination on camera. That is if we don't meet the big bad wolf himself that is. Besides, I've sneaked around enough in my old chantry to know how to stay hidden until the guard is gone."

William smiled, and then he frowned.
"And I was thinking of you just taking off that beanie, to look different, but then again, since you always take the damn thing off whenever you go on your apologies, I doubt they'd have to look twice to recognise you."
Back to top Go down
Karavolos
megalomaniac
Karavolos

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 8:07 am

OOC:

Fred have a couple of reserves and throws one such towards William.
After being pointed out how easy he is to identify, he removes his own beanie.

I'm afraid you are very much justified in this assertion.
Ah, perhaps I can remove my jacket as well? Attempt to use different shirts even?
I can try to remain invisible as well if it assist my task.
Back to top Go down
Claudia
Caine
Caine
Claudia

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Momo left towards the general direction of the West.
It's getting around 3am ish or so.

Nyx:

Back to top Go down
Duncan.Oliver
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Duncan.Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:28 pm

Duncan nods at Nyx.
Thanks.  I may not need an alibi now that I have Griffin's permission, but at least I'm covered if anyone else gets curious.

The Brujah doesn't seem too sympathetic towards William's plight.
That's what comes of being awake when all of the stores are closed.  Too bad there aren't any Wal-Mart stores in France.  In a Southern American accent (in French), he adds:  Nothing better than a place where you can buy a shotgun at 2:00 AM.

I think you guys are okay as long as your faces are hidden... and you don't carry anything too distinctive, like a fancy cane.  Duncan checks his phone, and then looks up at the group.
About 3:00.  Time enough for the police to leave, if they found the guard.  If not, they probably won't be there until their shift changes, and someone finds him.  Either way, I think we'll be fine.  It's a little early, but we could go now and find a spot to park out of range of the cameras.  I doubt we could do anything else at this time on a Sunday night... like feeding

With a glance at Nyx, Duncan asks a question.
Did you find out what Momo was driving?  Or did he get dropped off?
Back to top Go down
eye of the divine
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
eye of the divine

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Nyx was typing on her phone again, she sent off the text and looked up when Duncan quizzed her.

Mmmnhm, he nicked vehicles so no way to tell what the fuck he was driving that night.  But we could make an educated guess maybe.

She shrugged slightly at the end uncertain of if it would be possible.

Pierre :

ST:
Back to top Go down
Bloodywolf
Caine's Progeny
Caine's Progeny
Bloodywolf

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 5:22 pm

"However one benefit is that if you don't stand in the direct light, you don't notice how corpse pale a kindred looks."
William added with a laugh as he closed his laptop once more after shutting down the power.

"Alright, lets do this. Fred, just pick something, add a few more layers otherwise to distort your figure, but don't make it look ridiculous. Blandness is what you need."

He took off his vest and placed it on the table and put on the beanie. Replacing it a few times, but eventually concluding he was going to ruin his hairdo anyhow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fred's Haven   Fred's Haven - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fred's Haven
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next