Team Camarilla International Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Camarilla International Official Forum

This is the official forum for Team Camarilla International: The Bloodlines Developers

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can I edit cash values ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

How can I edit cash values ? Empty
PostSubject: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:34 pm

I've been diggin around the files and haven't been able to locate where the values for say the money clip, envelop or cash rewards for quests are. If anyone could point them out and offer tips, I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 6:48 pm

The value is part of the item properties. Either the wallet/envelope/clip is created as a map item, then the value is set there. Or the item is spawned dynamically via python, then you have to use the SetValue() command in the spawning function.
You can also create it as a map item, and later use the SetValue() function later to dynamically change its contents, possibly due to the character's haggling skill, or standing with the npc who gives the item.

- geek
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 3:10 am

Sounds like I'd have to learn and then use a map editor, too much work for now, was hoping it would be a simple notebook edit. Thanks much Malkav, you are very helpfull...as always.
Back to top Go down
Childe of Malkav
Beyond Caine
Beyond Caine
Childe of Malkav

PostSubject: Re: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:38 am

It's actually not that difficult. The vpk-tools map tool is basically a (very primitive) text editor. If you have a specific thing in mind, send me a pm, and I will tell you how to do it. Probably you don't even need to edit a map file, because it's easier to do it dynamically via Python.

Taming the giant reptile isn't everybody's cup of 0 negative, but I quite like it alien

- geek
Back to top Go down
Populism
Neonate
Neonate

PostSubject: Re: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 6:16 pm

I'll pm you..thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I edit cash values ?   How can I edit cash values ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How can I edit cash values ?
Page 1 of 1